Buying new wheels! Using Snap Finance or other wheel financing lenders

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-16, 06:26 AM
3actual
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Vivid101
make payments on wheels? no thanks.
I'm sure lots of people do stuff like that. That's why you see cars loans being made for 6 yrs or more. Everyone wants to keep up with the Jones.
Old 06-22-16, 06:28 AM
manchild
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Not to pile on and take my advice with a grain of salt, but please don't finance car mods. Set up a monthly budget for mods and put a little into it every 2 weeks or monthly or weekly, however you get paid. Want an exhaust wait 6 months, want some rubber mats wait a month. Trust me you'll be better off paying cash and avoiding finance charges. Plus you have a chance of making a little on your money if you save it in something like a vanguard fund. Look into an exchange traded short term investment grade bond fund. Call it your mod fund.
Old 06-22-16, 08:52 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 387
For the time being, maybe just lower on either coilovers or springs, depending on what your ultimate plans are for the car and throw on spacers until you figure out what you really want, right down to the width of the wheel, offset, specific brand and model and size of tire and ride height, so they will fit and work how you want. You'll have the time to research and do it right the first time.

You don't want to rush into this if your car is sitting on stock suspension.The OEM F Sport wheels are so classy looking and keep the car clean, sometimes I see cars with aftermarket wheels and SMH because it looks like poo and stock would look better. Address the suspension first and then the wheels, IMO.
My car is already lowered I do agree with you that our stock wheels are super clean! I wasn't even thinking of replacing them until the Vossen CVT came out in Gloss Graphite! They stole my heart
Old 06-22-16, 08:53 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 3actual
I'm sure lots of people do stuff like that. That's why you see cars loans being made for 6 yrs or more. Everyone wants to keep up with the Jones.
So true! The two of you are right
Old 06-22-16, 08:55 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by manchild
Not to pile on and take my advice with a grain of salt, but please don't finance car mods. Set up a monthly budget for mods and put a little into it every 2 weeks or monthly or weekly, however you get paid. Want an exhaust wait 6 months, want some rubber mats wait a month. Trust me you'll be better off paying cash and avoiding finance charges. Plus you have a chance of making a little on your money if you save it in something like a vanguard fund. Look into an exchange traded short term investment grade bond fund. Call it your mod fund.
Thank you for the advice! I've already started to save some money on the side from every check towards the purchase of the wheels. Should have the cash by late July / early August!