IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models
View Poll Results: Wrap shark fin gloss black or leave it silver?
Yes, wrap the shark fin.
80.00%
No, don't wrap the shark fin.
10.00%
Don't even wrap your roof...
10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Nav Layout & Need opinion on roof wrap

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-16, 08:09 PM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Nav Layout & Need opinion on roof wrap

Hey everyone, so last month I got that update when I turned on my IS and after the update it changed the nav layout while I am driving. I can't figure out where to change it back where only the map is shown while I drive on the highway. It only splits into two screens while I am on the highway and it shows how far away each exit is. Here's a picture of it while I'm on the highway so you guys know what I'm talking about:

Also don't feel like starting a new thread for this so I want everyone's opinion about the roof wrap I am going to get this weekend. Its going to be a gloss black roof wrap on my silver lining IS but I've been debating if I should get the shark fin wrapped too or leave it silver. Thoughts?
Old 06-16-16, 08:50 PM
manchild
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

post some pics when you get the wrap because I think they look great. Also to change your nav back click options in there you will find the option for layout change it there.
Old 06-16-16, 09:07 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Click Options in the map view and go to Map Mode. Change the layout to single screen.
Old 06-16-16, 09:18 PM
BostonIS
Pole Position

I've gotten to that option screen to choose the layout and when I choose only show map it goes back to showing that other screen of uselessness. Lol

Also I'll definitely post pics of the roof wrap in my build thread. But no one has an opinion on whether the shark fin should be wrapped or not?
Old 06-17-16, 09:37 AM
chyeea03
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would wrap the fin too. I think it'd look a bit weird to have a black roof with a silver fin but that's just my opinion of course
Old 06-17-16, 10:15 AM
CRFTD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leaving it silver would look out of place imo. The thing with wrapping the shark fin it is that you may see the seams. If that bothers you just buy a black fin.
Old 06-17-16, 01:17 PM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PatrixUSA
http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do...f/OM53B22U.pdf

Link to Navigation Manual, page 89.
I gave the benefit of the doubt that maybe the manual would have more info but haven't found anything. Went to that nav layout screen with all the different options. I chose the first one that says only map and still when I get on the highway it shows all the upcoming exits... Been through all the settings in the car and can't turn it off...

Yea after talking to some buddies and getting your guys feedback I'll be wrapping the fin too. I think it'll look better that way but in my head I imagine it looking good with a silver fin. Lol
Old 06-17-16, 03:20 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

If it's like my RX, you have to turn off the freeway exit list while actually on the freeway. Silly, I know...
Old 06-18-16, 04:42 PM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JDR76
If it's like my RX, you have to turn off the freeway exit list while actually on the freeway. Silly, I know...
I had a feeling that I had to do this but most of the time those options are unavailable until you come to a full stop. Any who, I tried your advice JDR76, and it was the magic answer. For future reference for anyone, car has to be driving on freeway and then click options at the top and select map mode. You'll then see the option for map only. Very dumb that you have to be driving on the freeway to change that option...
Old 06-20-16, 05:40 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Glad it worked out for you.
Old 06-20-16, 04:30 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Wrap the shark fin...
Old 06-20-16, 07:24 PM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Lol yea I got the shark fin wrapped gloss black. I don't know what I was thinking... Lol
Old 06-20-16, 07:42 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Looks seamless. Nice!
Old 06-21-16, 08:01 AM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Looks seamless. Nice!
Thanks man. Also shoutout to Mark Wu from Wu! Wraps in Renton, WA. for the awesome roof and chrome grill wrap. Highly recommend him if you need vinyl wraps done and you're local to Washington state.

Corrado, I still go to your IS build thread or whenever you post pics of your car and stare at it for a while to get ideas for my car. Lol that USB is so sexy! I might get the rims you had and lower my car cause I really like your wheel setup.
Old 06-21-16, 08:14 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Feel free to check out the links to my threads in my signature. Hopefully some of the pictures will help you decide on if you should get your roof wrapped or not.

Quick Reply: Nav Layout & Need opinion on roof wrap