IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models
View Poll Results: Should I wrap my car this color????
Yes
72.97%
No
21.62%
or Satin Black
2.70%
Professional Plasti dip???
2.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Wrapping my car this color??????

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-16, 11:37 AM
zhieson
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by genmaster
how is the maintenance on this type of material/color as compare to say a black car
+1

Also, do you mind giving a range of how much it costs to wrap that color?
Old 11-16-16, 11:38 AM
klycambo
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

how is the maintenance on this type of material/color as compare to say a black car
For my wrap it is a satin metallic kind so the care is good/bad.

Pro: it is easier to clean the car. Most dirt and stuff on it can come off easy just by spraying it with water and wipe it. It's helps to protect the paint so that's a super plus. The way the wrap looks is awesome. I've got people and friends complimenting it.

Con: You need a special soap for the matte/satin material. You can't use any regular soap since most have wax in it. There's only a few company that makes it. Sometime you get oils from you fingers on it and you can see it but if you wash it like normally then you're fine. The worst is you have to make sure that like gas or bird poops or something like that gets clean up asap cause it can start messing up the material soon.

Overall I think it is so worth it. Beside the soap and extra care for wash, you don't have to worry about swirls marks and waxing like black cars
Old 11-16-16, 11:47 AM
klycambo
Driver

Originally Posted by zhieson
+1

Also, do you mind giving a range of how much it costs to wrap that color?
I can go more in depth from what I wrote above if you want to know more about it.

Prices wise depends on where you live honestly. I looked up the cost of material and it can be around $400-$600 so the rest is labor. I got my wrap on a promotion deal so it was way less. I asked around Houston and it was $2000-$3000 for everything. Honestly do research on the place you want to do it and see what they offer for the price they quote you.

If you have any other questions, I'm happy to help just ask away or pm me
Old 11-16-16, 11:48 AM
zhieson
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome, thanks! Looks way nice!
Old 11-16-16, 12:00 PM
klycambo
Driver

Originally Posted by zhieson
Awesome, thanks! Looks way nice!
No problem! Like I said its soooo worth it. I already want a different color but that's just me liking to be different and likes to changes things up fast lol
Old 11-16-16, 03:18 PM
iJDMTOY
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I really like that color. It goes really well with the black accents and black wheels
Old 11-16-16, 04:21 PM
klycambo
Driver

Originally Posted by iJDMTOY
I really like that color. It goes really well with the black accents and black wheels

Yea I totally agree. I can't wait till I get black wheels for mine. Maybe also LED Fog lights hint hint
Old 11-17-16, 10:18 AM
genmaster
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so how easy it is to remove the wrap and original paint is maintained. or is it subject to issues once the wrap becomes part of the car/paint after so many years
Old 11-17-16, 05:12 PM
AIK
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wrap is better than dip in some case.
Old 11-19-16, 07:27 AM
klycambo
Driver

so how easy it is to remove the wrap and original paint is maintained. or is it subject to issues once the wrap becomes part of the car/paint after so many years
From what I learn, if the prep work and work surface is done correctly then it should be fairly easily with a heat gun but just slow and time consuming. Factory paint shouldn't come off when removed due to the quality of the paint job but if you have like rust, old paint peeling off or like in my case I got a new bumper due to an hit and run then you need to do extra work to prepare it. I had to wait about a month after I got a freshly painted bumper to wrap it so it wouldn't come off in the long run.

Originally Posted by PatrixUSA
I have to say I like the look also, as well as the additional benefits of paint protection and being able to change the car's color per the wrap. Nice choice on going with the blacked out mirrors and trim.
Thats basiclly the reasons I choice to wrap it. Right now I have a few rock chips on the bumper but only affected the material rather the paint. I actually didn't have it blacked out at first but then I decided to do it myself which I'm glad I did. Gives it more character.

Originally Posted by AIK
Wrap is better than dip in some case.
Definitely. Besides the price, you can't beat the quality and material. And you can say I have a wrapped car rather dipped but no offense to the people out there who has dipped car lol. I was going to dip mine at first anyways