IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

rear bumper

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-16, 08:43 PM
wsantiago
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear bumper

I noticed today that my cars rear bumper has a gap where it connects to the trunk, it is where the tailgate connects with the bumper in the middle when closed, I tried pushing it in to see if it would seal but it keeps separating... I have a photo it isn't that good but its aiming at where the gap is... is this a normal gap in this place? what can I do? in person you can notice the gap a bit bigger...
Attached Thumbnails rear bumper-img_20160606_164146.jpg  
Old 06-08-16, 02:33 PM
350Alex
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wsantiago
I noticed today that my cars rear bumper has a gap where it connects to the trunk, it is where the tailgate connects with the bumper in the middle when closed, I tried pushing it in to see if it would seal but it keeps separating... I have a photo it isn't that good but its aiming at where the gap is... is this a normal gap in this place? what can I do? in person you can notice the gap a bit bigger...
My car is white, so it's pretty much impossible to see in the picture I took, but if you're looking directly down at the bumper, I see no visible gap on my car. It's covered by the rubber gasket for the trunk. Also, pushing from the rear doesn't move the bumper cover at all on my car.

HTH
Old 06-09-16, 11:47 AM
JustNoize
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wsantiago

Did this happen after you removed the bumper cover??
Im Guessing Santiago B/C you had questions about the bumper removal in my idmtoy reflectors thread

If so the best bet is to remove the bumper again, and reinstall making sure that there is no gap before re-securing with the 4 screws
Old 06-09-16, 02:37 PM
wsantiago
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JustNoize
Did this happen after you removed the bumper cover??
Im Guessing Santiago B/C you had questions about the bumper removal in my idmtoy reflectors thread

If so the best bet is to remove the bumper again, and reinstall making sure that there is no gap before re-securing with the 4 screws
it was like that before I asked you how to remove the bumper cover, I'll be removing the bumper cover to see if it gets fixed, I believe that happened because someone was sitting there, they must have pull it... I can see the clips from where the bumper goes attached, and when I push it I see them moving but there's no clicking sound... this weekend I'll work on that!