IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

F-Sport Bumper Sex Change

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-16, 09:35 PM
Silveon
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default F-Sport Bumper Sex Change

So i am going to pull the trigger and convert my base front bumper to the fsport bumper +grill. I got my 2014 nebula grey pearl base model for only $20k with taxes and everything, because my boyfriend is a law enforcement officer and he was able to get it since it was an impound (clean title, 16k miles, great overall condition). So i just paid cash up front since it was an amazing deal

I've been such a fan of the grill for awhile and no aftermarket vendors have created just the "grill section" for base, I can second that from nine other base owners on clublexus who says the same thing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/14-15-16-Lex...hXAqHh&vxp=mtr

1) Have anyone bought from that seller before? if not, what other buyers do you reconmend. I can pay shipping or pick up anywhere in California (i live in orange county but go as far north as San Jose every now and then)

2) As far as what is included, i know it is missing only the emblem (from what i see, correct me if i am wrong). Would my Base emblem fit into the new bumper/grill?

3) Would my base's fog lights fit the fsport bumper?

4) I know i need to get it painted and installed, does anyone know local shops in Orange County or Santa Clara county that offer these services that you can reconmend?

5) Im thinking of adding a lip too, what do you reconmend? Pictures and links would be great.

6) What else would i need to know?
Old 05-25-16, 06:36 AM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Go ahead and do it!!!
It is the best modification I did. ( mine is the luxury option)

1- I haven't dealt with this ebay dealer, but these parts aren't expensive. I bought the parts from the lexus dealer myself. ( look in the forum as you will probably find the required part numbers).

2- The base emblem fit.

3- The fog lights wont fit, you need to buy the ones for the F Sport ( check the forum there are good info about how to get the f sport fog lights).

4- I don't know as I do not live there.

5- The ezlip or all fit lip is cheap and looks very good.

Last edited by AMNss; 05-25-16 at 07:08 AM.
Old 05-25-16, 06:48 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

What a great deal you got!

On #4, check the regional forums for threads on that topic

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...alifornia-149/
Old 05-25-16, 07:33 AM
Thang
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased my front lip from IKON Motorsports. 100% satisfied.
Old 05-25-16, 09:15 AM
Silveon
Rookie

Originally Posted by AMNss
Go ahead and do it!!!

1- I haven't dealt with this ebay dealer, but these parts aren't expensive. I bought the parts from the lexus dealer myself. ( look in the forum as you will probably find the required part numbers).

2- The base emblem fit.

3- The fog lights wont fit, you need to buy the ones for the F Sport ( check the forum there are good info about how to get the f sport fog lights).

5- The ezlip or all fit lip is cheap and looks very good.

wow, yours look amazing!

I looked into these, http://www.ebay.com/itm/381602951906?ul_noapp=true
are they the same one you used? Do you know if i could just use my Stock Base fog lights and change the mold that holds it by getting an fsport fog light mold?
Old 05-25-16, 09:59 AM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow the price you got your lexus makes me sad. Lol feels like I overpaid for my 2014 is350 f sport by a longshot. Honestly if I knew I could do this conversion I would've got an is350 with the luxury package.

I would say that your lexus emblem should fit the f sport grill. Try it out when you get it and if doesn't then order one. Keep us updated on your build.
Old 05-25-16, 10:53 AM
DEMONX
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that looks sexy!!
Old 05-25-16, 11:03 AM
MikeMora
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too did the FSport conversion on my IS200T.. Bought the bumper from someone off Craigslist and took it to my shop to get it painted. Bought the fogs from iJDMtoy and installed.

Old 05-25-16, 11:21 AM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Silveon
wow, yours look amazing!

I looked into these, Retrofit 2014 2016 Lexus Is F Sport Bumper LED Projector JDM Fog Lights Switch | eBay

are they the same one you used? Do you know if i could just use my Stock Base fog lights and change the mold that holds it by getting an fsport fog light mold?

Thank you for the compliment ...

I think the ebay ones will fit nicely , but search for threads in this forum about them, since there are some cheap versions which fries the car wiring/fuse, so make sure it is a one with good quality. I have the OEM ones from the lexus dealer, they are good and wont fry the wiring, but they are expensive ( 700$ US).

Btw the F sport fog lights are much smaller than the base model ones, so it will not fit, and the fog light area in the bumper is much smaller also. The best way is to get the f sport fog lights, but make sure they are of good quality.
Old 05-25-16, 12:06 PM
MatrixPC
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Look like the city is going to build more parking for those sexy IS after the "sex" change
Old 05-25-16, 12:16 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by AMNss
Go ahead and do it!!!

2- The base emblem fit.

5- The ezlip or all fit lip is cheap and looks very good
i also have the luxury package. what did you do with the park assist sensors? Did the body shop you brought it to bore custom holes?
Old 05-25-16, 03:09 PM
CLUM
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

are you a stickler for bumper fitment? if so, you may not want to gamble with this "OEM" style bumper. It may not fit the best and might sag in some places. I'd look for a used OEM bumper if possible. That's just my $0.02

but if you don't care too much about that, then looks like a decent deal since it includes quite a few parts.
Old 05-25-16, 03:27 PM
Silveon
Rookie

Originally Posted by CLUM
are you a stickler for bumper fitment? if so, you may not want to gamble with this "OEM" style bumper. It may not fit the best and might sag in some places. I'd look for a used OEM bumper if possible. That's just my $0.02

but if you don't care too much about that, then looks like a decent deal since it includes quite a few parts.

I actually was told the same thing by many shops who I have been calling to get it install and painted. Hopefully it fits well, if not they are offering me a 30 day return policy. **Fingers crossed**
Old 05-25-16, 03:28 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by CLUM

how much does the entire OEM kit cost? do you happen to know?
Old 05-25-16, 05:47 PM
Silveon
Rookie

Originally Posted by davyjordi
how much does the entire OEM kit cost? do you happen to know?

not too sure to be exact, but i know the OEM sport grill (top and bottom + chrome edges) would be almost $500 or just those three pieces. I can imagine the OEM bumper would at least be $800

Quick Reply: F-Sport Bumper Sex Change