IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Plug&Play F-Sport Foglights/Auto Wipers (DIY)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-16, 09:34 AM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

I have a very early production 2014 and I couldn't find any OEM fog light plugs behind the bumper either
Old 10-15-16, 09:49 AM
RocketG35
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by specONE
I have a very early production 2014 and I couldn't find any OEM fog light plugs behind the bumper either
no no rhyme nor reason!!!
Old 10-15-16, 10:05 PM
otakusan
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by evident
So you're saying that the wiring is there for the dash to recognize the OEM foglight stalk, but the wiring to connect to the actual units themselves arent there? Your other posts made it seem like you definitely had the oem harness where the actual fogs plug in, but youre now saying it doesnt, which contradicts the OP's experience and is similar to what i found... Could you please clarify for future readers?

for my car, there was absolutely nothing in the front bumper area that was OEM connector for the foglights.
All wiring and plugs inside the interior is there.. if you turn on the fog lighs switch, the fog lights on indicator will light up.
From what I'm finding... the wiring stops at the main body ECU... everything from this point on (engine bay) all fog lights wiring are not there, and yes.. the actual plug that plugs into the fog light is not there neither.

I ended up using custom wiring to wire up the fog lights, but I still ran into one problem. When I try to tap into the existing interior fog light wiring (so when I turn on the fog lights, the "on" indicator will light up).. but I CANNOT for the life of me get a good working signal to active the fog lights... I swear, Lexus' wiring are so complicated... so now I completely gave up on trying to get a fancy wiring work...

My current setup:
-power source from interior fuse box into Pin 11 of light switch plug (signal in for OEM fog light switch)
-signal wire from Pin 10 (ground for OEM fog light switch) runs through firewall into relay to active fog lights... DONE!!! They work..
note: fog light on indicator will no longer function for this setup.
Old 03-05-17, 07:58 PM
street277
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by otakusan
All wiring and plugs inside the interior is there.. if you turn on the fog lighs switch, the fog lights on indicator will light up.
From what I'm finding... the wiring stops at the main body ECU... everything from this point on (engine bay) all fog lights wiring are not there, and yes.. the actual plug that plugs into the fog light is not there neither.

I ended up using custom wiring to wire up the fog lights, but I still ran into one problem. When I try to tap into the existing interior fog light wiring (so when I turn on the fog lights, the "on" indicator will light up).. but I CANNOT for the life of me get a good working signal to active the fog lights... I swear, Lexus' wiring are so complicated... so now I completely gave up on trying to get a fancy wiring work...

My current setup:
-power source from interior fuse box into Pin 11 of light switch plug (signal in for OEM fog light switch)
-signal wire from Pin 10 (ground for OEM fog light switch) runs through firewall into relay to active fog lights... DONE!!! They work..
note: fog light on indicator will no longer function for this setup.

From what I can see based on the wiring diagram, the indicator on the dash will work when the wire on pin 11 going to the main body ecu is brought to a ground state (i.e. when 11 is grounded) So my idea is to t-tap wire on pin 11 and use that as my ground signal to my relay, this should fix the problem of the indicator not working and should avoid having to find the missing wiring from the main body ecu to semiconductor and from the semiconductor to fog lights. Will keep you guys posted.. so far on paper it looks like it'll work.
Old 03-29-17, 11:50 AM
aceforever
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Edwin, did you ever get the auto rain sensor to work? I'm really interested in this feature since it rains a ton here in Seattle. Thanks!
Old 11-30-17, 09:38 PM
yungicon
Driver School Candidate

Hey everyone, wanted to follow up on this and see if anyone was ever able to implement this in their cars.
Old 11-30-17, 10:31 PM
Edwin8484
Pole Position

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

I am able to activate the auto wiper. However, it turns on immediately even with out rain since the sensor is not installed. SpecOne and I were looking to see if we could see a wire that could plug and play into the rain sensor but we were unable to find one: I kind of did a lazy job looking. I have the rain sensor but I need to get the tape and maybe the wiring. If someone here can aid me with wiring details. I’ve seen pictures of the cars with the sensor and it looks like the plug is a blue 4-8 pin plug.
Old 01-08-18, 07:02 PM
yungicon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Edwin8484
I am able to activate the auto wiper. However, it turns on immediately even with out rain since the sensor is not installed. SpecOne and I were looking to see if we could see a wire that could plug and play into the rain sensor but we were unable to find one: I kind of did a lazy job looking. I have the rain sensor but I need to get the tape and maybe the wiring. If someone here can aid me with wiring details. I’ve seen pictures of the cars with the sensor and it looks like the plug is a blue 4-8 pin plug.
If you don't mind me asking, where did get the sensor from? Did you pull it from a wrecked car or order it?
Old 01-08-18, 07:49 PM
Edwin8484
Pole Position

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by yungicon
If you don't mind me asking, where did get the sensor from? Did you pull it from a wrecked car or order it?
Yes off eBay from a wrecked car most likely.
Old 01-17-18, 10:17 PM
yungicon
Driver School Candidate

FWIW, I looked at my car did not come pre-wired. I have a 2015 350 AWD, w/ BSM.
Old 01-18-18, 10:12 AM
winstonchu
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

My 2015 250 RWD came pre-wired
Old 01-18-18, 12:43 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

my two is250s (rwd) came prewired.
Old 10-14-18, 07:21 PM
AlexCabrer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Plug and Play

Originally Posted by Edwin8484
Hello everyone

I bought a used set of stalk that had the fog light switch from eBay so that I could hook up my aftermarket Foglights on my 2014 Fsport.
When I removed the old stalk switch I noticed that it didn't have 3 male prongs in the connector, like the new one with the Foglights switch had. So I decided to look at the female harness to see if the wires were there and I saw that there were some. The only thing I could think of, was that my car is prewired with Foglights wires and that there should be in the front somewhere. So I went ahead and finished the installation of the new stalk switch and plugged and all harnesses. The new stalk set came with the wiper stalk switch as well. Which included the auto wiper button I also saw wires that weren't being used on this harness.
Once I finished installation, I looked for free female wires where the Foglights are suppose to go on my bumper and I saw some wires that look very similar to the ones that were provided with my aftermarket wiring kit. ( I'll post pictures of my finding) I was able to just plug these harnesses to my Foglights then switched the Foglights stalk switch on and guess what?!!!!! they worked!! Lol

Boom! Plug and play baby! No need to route any new wires at all.

Thank you to the ones who wrote this 2 threads which help me with the installation of my Foglights and my new stalk switches.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present/723184-2014-is350-f-sport-led-foglights-diy.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present/802775-diy-steering-wheel-installation.html

Now I also found that with the new wiper stalk I got the auto wiper function to work and the auto light works as well. But, I also have to get the rain sensor for my windshield since everytime I turn it on it receives signal as if it's raining. I have to get this part and see if everyhing works as it should. https://www.parkplacelexusparts.com/parts/2015/Lexus/IS350/C?siteid=213808&vehicleid=419746&section=ELECTRICAL&group=CHASSIS%20ELECTRICAL&subgroup=WIPERS&component=SENSOR

Also on my previews thread I wrote about aftermarket Foglights I purchased from Spyder. After installation, I saw the beam pattern and came with the conclusion that the lights are just cheap made and they don't match the color of my LEDs headlight or DRLs. I am thinking on doing this retrofit from either the retrofit source or VLEDs.
http://www.vleds.com/h1-matchbox.html
Since the casing around this aftermarket Foglights seem to be an exact replica from the JDM. I first have to see how much that would cost and if it would be superior than the JDMs. I am also thinking on just saving money to buy the JDM Foglights. Will see.
If one of you guys can point me out to a good price on the JDM Foglights with out the stalk or wires then please let me know. Or to a make a retrofit work with the ones I already have. Thank y'all

Have any of you had problems before one of the light of the dash turn on after plugged everything.

Old 12-23-18, 02:40 PM
nan88
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Edwin8484, thanks for the discovery, it made this modification ridiculously easy to accomplish with the guides linked.
Contemplating a 2017+ facelift front end swap, thanks to you. The facelift design definitely has grown on me.
I'm adding onto @E46CT information since it is a IS200t.

TL;DR: No new info lol. IS200t is pre-wired but is already confirmed.

EDIT: Installed the housings, fog lights turn off after a few seconds. Won't stay on.
EDIT2: Found the issue why my new fog lights were not staying on.
I narrowed down the issue to the bulbs the Winjet kit shipped with.
Switch from the 55W/bulb to a LED 30W/bulb and it fixed the issue.

Will be finishing the install on my 2016 IS200t once the housings arrive.
They accidentally got sent to another state. eBay/USPS woes.
I picked the Winjet version because of the H11 housing which gives the ability to swap out the bulbs to my desire.

Noted the IS200t wiring harness only has 2 wires on top and the pink wire on the bottom row.
Made me a little nervous but regardless the switch still works as expected.
I did notice the JDM stalk from @Nigel-JDMParts is a little different and includes 1 extra option at the top.
Not sure what it does, maybe a brighter function?
Or maybe black-hole function where it absorbs light since its backwards, crazy JDM-tech?
(3rd to Last picture)

I sourced a turn signal stock from a wrecked 2014 IS250 ($35) and it works. Moved over my wiper stalk.
Everything functions normal where the fog lights only turn on when the headlights are on, which is law requirement in my state.
The hardest part has been pulling the steering wheel off.
My leisurely install duration of stalk = 1.5hrs including tool cleanup and nothing broken lol.
Surprisingly, I didn't have to take off the front bumper to install the housings. Don't recommend it though, it adds more difficulty.
Part number: 84140-30360

Fog light stalk swap

Fog light stalk pinout 3-pin on top row = fog lights

IS200t turn signal harness

Fog light indicator

IS200t fog light pre-wired

3IS JDM stalk difference

Ripperoni Pepperoni IS250

Stock 55W Winjet bulbs didn't work in IS200t. Switched to 30W/bulb and functions perfectly.

Last edited by nan88; 12-27-18 at 02:46 PM.
Old 01-15-19, 10:56 PM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

I test-drove a 2016 that had rain-sensing wipers and simply assumed that most would come with it. After all, my friend's 2006 Mazda 3 has them, as do many cars so why wouldn't a luxury sedan. But no, my 2014 loaded F-Sport does not -- totally unacceptable, especially for Vancouver!

Will have to look around at cars that have them to see how the sensor is set up. Perhaps someone here who has them can post some pics? This is perhaps the one mod/feature that is a must-have above most others for us Pacific Northwesters. Take that rear shade, radar cruise, heated mirrors, de-icing wipers, etc. and give me something that I'll use most of the year!

Quick Reply: Plug&Play F-Sport Foglights/Auto Wipers (DIY)