IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Swap a lease

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-16, 08:28 PM
obsessive
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swap a lease

Has anyone used swapalease and had good results?

I'm wanting to sell or transfer my lease on my 15 IS350 F Sport. I still have 24 months left on my lease and payments are $500 a month. The car only has 2200 miles on it. I would think that this car would go pretty quickly.

This is my first lease and I haven't used a lease transfer site. Just wanted to see if anyone has had any luck. Thanks.
Old 04-24-16, 09:14 AM
bull34dog
Driver School Candidate

I used it in 2014 to get out of my ATS lease and get my IS. It all depends on where you are and what else is in the area. My ATS went quick because it was the lowest priced ATS in the area. I see some IS350s on there for under $500 a month, so if you're near those then naturally they would be more appealing. The other thing is the length of time on your lease. A lot of people on Swap a Lease are looking for shorter terms. Not saying you won't luck into someone who likes your vehicle, but I've had friends put their vehicles on there and they sit for months and months.
Old 04-24-16, 10:01 AM
obsessive
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bull34dog
I used it in 2014 to get out of my ATS lease and get my IS. It all depends on where you are and what else is in the area. My ATS went quick because it was the lowest priced ATS in the area. I see some IS350s on there for under $500 a month, so if you're near those then naturally they would be more appealing. The other thing is the length of time on your lease. A lot of people on Swap a Lease are looking for shorter terms. Not saying you won't luck into someone who likes your vehicle, but I've had friends put their vehicles on there and they sit for months and months.
Thanks for the advice!
Old 04-24-16, 04:24 PM
drobbins
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently used swapalease to get rid of a RAV4 and had a great experience but I had a really attractive lease rate. I literally had multiple legit offers from people up and down the eastern seaboard (I'm in MA).

Be forewarned that while other lease companies can transfer leases in 2-3 weeks, Toyota Financial Services took about six weeks, and that was with both me and the buyer working hard to keep the process moving forward.
Old 04-24-16, 06:49 PM
obsessive
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by drobbins
I recently used swapalease to get rid of a RAV4 and had a great experience but I had a really attractive lease rate. I literally had multiple legit offers from people up and down the eastern seaboard (I'm in MA).

Be forewarned that while other lease companies can transfer leases in 2-3 weeks, Toyota Financial Services took about six weeks, and that was with both me and the buyer working hard to keep the process moving forward.
Hopefully I can get it sold pretty fast. I have it listed on this site, I'm going to give it a couple of days on here and then put it on swapalease.

Maybe Lexus Financial will be faster, I'm pretty sure they are 2 separate places.
Old 04-24-16, 07:26 PM
drobbins
Rookie

Toyota Financial Services and Lexus Financial Services are not separate organizations. I was able to get information on our RAV4 lease or RX350 loan from the same phone call.

FWIW, the duration is mostly due to their need to use hard copies of everything and their inability to use email for any part of the process. So they mail the transfer and release forms (which you may want to request ahead of actually identifying a buyer) and any other documentation.
Old 04-24-16, 08:52 PM
obsessive
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by drobbins
Toyota Financial Services and Lexus Financial Services are not separate organizations. I was able to get information on our RAV4 lease or RX350 loan from the same phone call.

FWIW, the duration is mostly due to their need to use hard copies of everything and their inability to use email for any part of the process. So they mail the transfer and release forms (which you may want to request ahead of actually identifying a buyer) and any other documentation.
Do you know if they will send out extra forms just to have?
Old 04-25-16, 03:12 AM
drobbins
Rookie

I don't think so. I only needed a single copy but as soon as I received it, I scanned it and emailed it to the buyer in an effort to save a couple days in the cycle.