IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

LED turn signal bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-16, 04:44 PM
gbrickey
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

To complete your LED conversion you'll want to do the reverse lights, too. I just installed this set and they are very white and very bright - they look fantastic. No resistors needed and no bulb warnings. Very easy to install - just remove the trunk lid black felt cover.
Link: http://amzn.com/B014OYGQI2
Old 04-27-16, 04:56 PM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

I appreciate everyone's input. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger.
Old 04-27-16, 06:31 PM
stevelifts
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can not for my life of me figure the difference between the iJDMTOY LED amber turn signal bulb lights and the original OEM turn signal bulbs. Can anyone post a side by side picture of the two? Thanks. I was originally going to get the white LED ones by iJDMTOY but im afraid my car will attract more attention from the cops than it already has since i just got the ARK grip cat back exhaust.
Old 04-27-16, 07:04 PM
KYLESTONES
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevelifts
I can not for my life of me figure the difference between the iJDMTOY LED amber turn signal bulb lights and the original OEM turn signal bulbs. Can anyone post a side by side picture of the two? Thanks. I was originally going to get the white LED ones by iJDMTOY but im afraid my car will attract more attention from the cops than it already has since i just got the ARK grip cat back exhaust.
They are very obvious at night, been debating switching my signals To only signal once instead of the 3x to hide them a bit more during quick lane changes. I do find myself being a little paranoid driving at night with the fear of being pulled over because of the white (black car, dark tints and noisy as well).
Old 04-27-16, 07:05 PM
KYLESTONES
Driver

Originally Posted by gbrickey
To complete your LED conversion you'll want to do the reverse lights, too. I just installed this set and they are very white and very bright - they look fantastic. No resistors needed and no bulb warnings. Very easy to install - just remove the trunk lid black felt cover.
Link: http://amzn.com/B014OYGQI2
Can you post a pic? I got some expensive ones and love the look, however one of them flickers. Been meaning to play around with the bulb to see if it's just a loose connection but if it's not I'll be in the market for another set and would appreciate seeing them prior to purchasing.
Old 04-28-16, 05:25 PM
gbrickey
Rookie

Sure - here's a daytime picture showing the new LED backup light on the left and the stock bulb on the right. The nighttime picture attempts to show how bright they are, but they're so bright it's hard to get a clean picture.
Attached Thumbnails LED turn signal bulbs-led_backups1.jpg   LED turn signal bulbs-led_backups2.jpg  
Old 04-28-16, 05:35 PM
gbrickey
Rookie

For those considering the iJDMToy Error Free 7440 LED Turn Signal Bulbs - here's what they look like in front in the white on an IS250 F Sport

Old 04-28-16, 07:25 PM
KYLESTONES
Driver

Originally Posted by gbrickey
Sure - here's a daytime picture showing the new LED backup light on the left and the stock bulb on the right. The nighttime picture attempts to show how bright they are, but they're so bright it's hard to get a clean picture.

Thanks man, looks good
Old 04-29-16, 10:40 AM
Silver09IS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought from IJDM too. The output of these LED bulbs are pretty bright. The best part I love them because there is no hyper blink.

Name:  _MG_6744_zpss5q23kw1.jpg
Views: 1280
Size:  107.7 KB
Old 04-29-16, 02:27 PM
MatrixPC
Driver

I notice that the LED does came with a 'decoder' box which probably a 'load resistor' in a fancy box.
Old 04-29-16, 04:29 PM
KYLESTONES
Driver

Originally Posted by MatrixPC
I notice that the LED does came with a 'decoder' box which probably a 'load resistor' in a fancy box.

This is the decoder
Old 04-29-16, 04:54 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The LED's themselves are not error free but it's the decoder which makes it possible.

Maybe one day in the future the decoder/resistor could get integrated into the LED itself eliminate the decoder box.
Old 04-29-16, 05:04 PM
KYLESTONES
Driver

Originally Posted by Sango
The LED's themselves are not error free but it's the decoder which makes it possible.

Maybe one day in the future the decoder/resistor could get integrated into the LED itself eliminate the decoder box.
One day, technology still needs a lot of advancement to make everything even smaller
Old 05-02-16, 10:45 AM
Alant514
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver09IS
I bought from IJDM too. The output of these LED bulbs are pretty bright. The best part I love them because there is no hyper blink.

You got a link on which one you bought?
Old 05-02-16, 02:22 PM
gbrickey
Rookie

I got them from Amazon. http://amzn.com/B00MJ7S1T4

Quick Reply: LED turn signal bulbs