IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Anyone cleaned their rioja red seats?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-16, 04:28 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Anyone cleaned their rioja red seats?

So I cleaned the red seats in the IS.

But heck, the microfiber turned PINK!!

No loss of colour from the seat at all but just wondering if anyone else had this?
Old 03-20-16, 04:46 PM
l33ks
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have not had to clean them yet as my car is still new but just curious, what did you use/how did you clean em?
Old 03-20-16, 04:49 PM
Makool
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes please, share how did you do it, I haven't clean mines just yet but I'm curious to know.

Thanks!!
Old 03-20-16, 05:22 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

I don't know of anyone else on here with Rioja leather like you so you might have a hard time finding someone with the exact experience you're looking for. However, this is not uncommon with the Rioja NuLuxe.
Old 03-20-16, 05:35 PM
Spamboi
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haven't cleaned mine yet.. Just like Kendyli and Makool are wondering, what'd you use?
Old 03-20-16, 07:01 PM
Avi8orco
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wipe mine with a damp microfiber when I see it required...never had anything on the towel afterward. Seats still look new
Old 03-20-16, 07:24 PM
jkhang714
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Same here. I get some warm water and microfiber cloth, soak cloth and squeeze water out then wipe. Repeat
Old 03-20-16, 07:40 PM
FSportDRM
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer..... works great and does not leave it shiny, gives it a just off the lot look
Old 03-20-16, 08:03 PM
Spamboi
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportDRM
I use Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer..... works great and does not leave it shiny, gives it a just off the lot look
I've always been iffy about using products for interior purposes, I've heard of so many stories of it leaving behind some type of residue
Old 03-20-16, 08:50 PM
speedneed
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FSportDRM
Second this ^

It is basically just isopropyl alcohol, water and some sort of UV protectant. From what I have read at least. No issues using it. I have used the Lexol cleaner once because my jeans blead onto the seats.
Old 03-21-16, 05:23 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Ok so I used Dodo Juice Supernatural leather and vinyl cleaner. It's great stuff and no issues with it on my 3RX.

Now the IS bleeds red onto the cloth but it's dirty red like dirt has ground into seats.

The seats were shiny before but now they are matt and look new with no discolouring

btw this happens on all seats, front and back but no discolouration. Of course there is more red on the mf from the driver's seat probably due to more wear.

Also the car is approved used from Lexus and was 2 years old. It looks like all the seats have had some shiny dressing put on as they've missed parts around the headrests on the back seat. The cleaner removed this distinct line and now it's all uniform. Any chance that this red stuff is down to the dressing used?
Old 03-21-16, 07:23 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

I use Lexol, Zaino leather cleaner, and Meg Quick Interior Detailer and I've never had any red on my microfiber cloth or terry towel. I have Nuluxe seats. Try switching to Lexol and if it still bleeds then, it's your seats and probably not normal.
Old 03-21-16, 09:31 AM
ChineseKFC
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Lexol or chemical guys leather cleaner and conditioner depends which one is cheaper. I find that the conditioner from chemical guys help my seats stay in shape better than the Lexol one but that's just my 2 cents.
Old 03-21-16, 10:05 AM
Makool
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by speedneed
Second this ^

It is basically just isopropyl alcohol, water and some sort of UV protectant. From what I have read at least. No issues using it. I have used the Lexol cleaner once because my jeans blead onto the seats.
Do you guys mind posting a pic for us? Seems to have a few options!! I'd like to give it a try!!
Old 03-21-16, 11:26 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by EZZ
I use Lexol, Zaino leather cleaner, and Meg Quick Interior Detailer and I've never had any red on my microfiber cloth or terry towel. I have Nuluxe seats. Try switching to Lexol and if it still bleeds then, it's your seats and probably not normal.
Mine are the genuine leather seats, no nuluxe in the UK.

Funny thing is, I wear some light coloured pants and it doesnt bleed onto them. Only when I use anything damp. Ill post a pic of the seats once I get home (so in 3 days or so). Currently in the RX!

Quick Reply: Anyone cleaned their rioja red seats?