IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Ez Lip?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-16, 07:07 PM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

i did spend more than $15,000 on my car just for aftermarket parts !! i will never buy front lip that gonna cost me too much for a reason : if you live in Saudi Arabia you will never lower your car because of the damage street that we have !! however, too many speed bump over here and think about if i have Seibon front lip i will broke it after 5 minutes from installing it

i used to have Ez-lip it was good but this one grab my eyes

Originally Posted by anthonys2r
Yep... would not put this on a Lexus. The person that posted before, its not even carbon, its "carbon look" and a Stillen sticker to boot lol (they have their own legit made for the 3IS front lip/splitter)
Old 02-23-16, 07:17 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by Mesh704
i did spend more than $15,000 on my car just for aftermarket parts !! i will never buy front lip that gonna cost me too much for a reason : if you live in Saudi Arabia you will never lower your car because of the damage street that we have !! however, too many speed bump over here and think about if i have Seibon front lip i will broke it after 5 minutes from installing it

i used to have Ez-lip it was good but this one grab my eyes
$15k in parts?! Can I be your parts supplier?! I believe I did talk to you before, about AFE parts..

-Josh
Old 02-23-16, 07:41 PM
Mesh704
Instructor

Originally Posted by MerakiAuto
$15k in parts?! Can I be your parts supplier?! I believe I did talk to you before, about AFE parts..

-Josh
dont forget each part i get i have to pay more money to ship it to Saudi Arabia shipping is too expensive
Old 02-23-16, 07:48 PM
Mesh704
Instructor

- PPE ceramic long tube headers
- invidia mid-pipe
-KOOKS 2.5 mufflers
- AFE magnum force cold air intake
- Tom's diffuser+ barrel exhaust
- front sets drilled&slotted rotors + ceramic pads
- rear sets drilled&slotted rotors + ceramic pads
- x4 F-sport rims OEM + Nitto Invo tires
- swap my front bumper from non f-sport to f-sport all parts are OEM
- Navi-DVD bypass
etc..

think about how much it cost me just for shipping via Fedex or DHL or UPS..
Old 02-24-16, 09:22 AM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nathantse
For the All-Fit lips.. Do you have to drill holes if you want to use the screws?

If in the future I want to take it off, will it harm to paint at all? Will the tape peel off the paint?

And the most noob question.. what hell else does the lip do? Beside the "Look".

I read on the website.. "With correct installation, the All-Fit Lip Kits will offer lifelong protection.... It also improves the aerodynamics of your car, making for better mileage and saving you gas money..." BETTER MILES? REALLY??
You do not need to drill holes. It can be taped on and screwed in to the already existing holes under your front bumper. There is no need for additional holes to be made, That is how my lip was installed and it is perfect. I don't get why people are hating on the All-Fit lip. It is far from being a "home depot lip" because it offers more protection. I have gone over tons of bumps and dips and the lip stays on and protects my bumper. I have referred this company to many of my friends with 3IS's and they couldn't agree more. If you don't want to spend $100s of dollars on lips but want something that looks great and offers protection, the All-Fit is the best on the market. You can trust me. I am on my second car with their lip and I also have the side skirt kit. You would not believe how many people have come up to my car thinking it is an EZ lip and then are blown away at the difference in durability and texture of the All-Fit one.
Old 02-24-16, 09:36 AM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr_VFS1
You do not need to drill holes. It can be taped on and screwed in to the already existing holes under your front bumper. There is no need for additional holes to be made, That is how my lip was installed and it is perfect. I don't get why people are hating on the All-Fit lip. It is far from being a "home depot lip" because it offers more protection. I have gone over tons of bumps and dips and the lip stays on and protects my bumper. I have referred this company to many of my friends with 3IS's and they couldn't agree more. If you don't want to spend $100s of dollars on lips but want something that looks great and offers protection, the All-Fit is the best on the market. You can trust me. I am on my second car with their lip and I also have the side skirt kit. You would not believe how many people have come up to my car thinking it is an EZ lip and then are blown away at the difference in durability and texture of the All-Fit one.
Thanks for clarifying. What about the claim of improved gas mileage? true or nah?
Old 02-24-16, 09:55 AM
CLUM
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr_VFS1
Obviously, you are not familiar with the Home Depot lip and did not click the links I posted. Please do so…the “lip” All Fit is selling is the EXACT same thing as the Home Depot garage door seal lips. They took the Home Depot lip idea, using the same materials, and are just renaming it and marketing it as an actual lip!

The only big difference is that they offer various colors. Other than that, All FIT gives you self tapping screws, double sided tape and some brackets—all of which would cost about $10 in extra parts from Home Depot as well lol! Honestly, you could buy a garage seal at Home Depot and make 2-3 lips for the same cost from All Fit.

Just to be clear, I’m not hating on the lip necessarily. While I do think the Lexus deserves better, I understand the owner can do whatever he/she wants. My main gripe is that people are being tricked into paying for the All Fit lip, thinking it’s an actual product designed for cars, when the company just took a “free idea” from the internet and is marketing it to gullible and unsuspecting buyers. Again, if you want to buy it, go for it. I just wanted to get that knowledge out there so people know the background of this product and can decide if they want to spend extra on this company/product or not.

for those who didn't click on the links:

Old 02-24-16, 01:09 PM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CLUM
Obviously, you are not familiar with the Home Depot lip and did not click the links I posted. Please do so…the “lip” All Fit is selling is the EXACT same thing as the Home Depot garage door seal lips. They took the Home Depot lip idea, using the same materials, and are just renaming it and marketing it as an actual lip!

The only big difference is that they offer various colors. Other than that, All FIT gives you self tapping screws, double sided tape and some brackets—all of which would cost about $10 in extra parts from Home Depot as well lol! Honestly, you could buy a garage seal at Home Depot and make 2-3 lips for the same cost from All Fit.

Just to be clear, I’m not hating on the lip necessarily. While I do think the Lexus deserves better, I understand the owner can do whatever he/she wants. My main gripe is that people are being tricked into paying for the All Fit lip, thinking it’s an actual product designed for cars, when the company just took a “free idea” from the internet and is marketing it to gullible and unsuspecting buyers. Again, if you want to buy it, go for it. I just wanted to get that knowledge out there so people know the background of this product and can decide if they want to spend extra on this company/product or not.

for those who didn't click on the links:

I'm not going to waste my time arguing about this. You can believe what you want about the All-Fit product and I will believe what I know about their product from experience. Clearly you have never had an All-Fit lip or touched one before so you're just basing this information on what the lip looks like. You can check out their page and see demonstrations for it. Why don't I have the owner send you a sample so you can compare that to your home depot lip?
Old 02-24-16, 01:51 PM
CLUM
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

no need to get so defensive. sounds like you're just sad that your lip is a home maintenance product....

BTW, I would never put a Home Depot lip on my car, nor anything close to it!! haha
Old 02-24-16, 03:26 PM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CLUM
no need to get so defensive. sounds like you're just sad that your lip is a home maintenance product....

BTW, I would never put a Home Depot lip on my car, nor anything close to it!! haha
Well it's a good thing you didn't pay for my car And I am far from sad that I have a very nice and affordable lip on my car. Maybe I want to save some money on a lip and get one that isn't going to break when I drive on harsh roads. I am only getting defensive because you are trying to make claims about a product you clearly know nothing about. You can put whatever you want on YOUR car, but I will stick to putting All-Fit products on my Lexus.