Roof wrap

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-16, 04:08 AM
myonoshane
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roof wrap

Hi guys

I've been meaning to wrap my roof with black vinyl but most videos involve cars with rubber linings on the side which they lift up and tuck the wrap under.

Because our IS' dont have this rubber lining, how did you guys manage to keep the wrap in place?
Old 02-18-16, 04:09 AM
Taideee
Rookie

Car wraps are like Window tint. There is an adhesive layer.
The tucking under the rubber doesn't keep anything in place. If it was dependant on that to keep the wrap on... pretty sure going above 20MPG would cause that thing to fly off.
Old 02-18-16, 10:53 AM
ChrisPark
Driver

Originally Posted by myonoshane
Hi guys

I've been meaning to wrap my roof with black vinyl but most videos involve cars with rubber linings on the side which they lift up and tuck the wrap under.

Because our IS' dont have this rubber lining, how did you guys manage to keep the wrap in place?
I have 4D carbon fiber wrap and gloss black mirror wrap on my 3is currently. The guy who did my roof had like a tape he put down that has like a little string thing attached to it where you just pull up on it to make a nice clean cut. He placed that at the edge of my roof and just cut the vinyl after he took all the bubbles out. We were able to tuck the material under the rubber seal in the back window but there was literally no room for the rubber seal on the front window so he had to carefully cut it with a knife and tuck in what he could. Been about 2 months since install and I don't have any issues. Been through the rain and wind already multiple times as well as car washes. Hasn't peeled up yet nor does it look like its going to any time soon
Old 02-19-16, 09:43 PM
CLUM
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

roof wraps are just large sheets of vinyl sticker, like decals. So they are adhesive and won't simply fly off if not tucked under anything.