IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

ARK Catback Exhaust Review

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-16, 10:26 AM
Chiubacca
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ramlawih
this ARK catback Exhaust is just perfect, ive had it for a year now and i cant get enough of it especially the morning cold start.

PS: if you want to hear it more, open the rear seat to the trunk of the car and regret it
Don't tempt me! I might have to do it now just for laughs. Nice car btw! Loving that blackout
Old 02-16-16, 12:15 PM
sandiegoer
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chiubacca
You should really consider this exhaust! In my opinion, I didn't like the whirring or high pitched sound that came from the stock exhaust but hey, to each his own right? About the price, I can't say much since I did receive a partial sponsorship from ARK cutting my cost down to a little more than half. The MSRP is $1999. However, they have a discount for $1399.30 at the moment. I really suggest you purchase this exhaust if you want that nice deep growl.
I'm planning to sell my f sport and get the Ark can you help me to get that 1k7 price? Thank you
Old 02-16-16, 12:37 PM
Chiubacca
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sandiegoer
I'm planning to sell my f sport and get the Ark can you help me to get that 1k7 price? Thank you
Just email Erick@arkperformanceusa.com and ask if they're still giving sponsorship prices from Instagram.
Old 02-16-16, 01:04 PM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Or you can just email us and we can give you that price. :-)

http://jmautosports.com/ark-performa...i-1974768.aspx
1-855-998-8726
Old 02-16-16, 01:37 PM
sandiegoer
Driver

Originally Posted by JM Auto Racing
Or you can just email us and we can give you that price. :-)

http://jmautosports.com/ark-performa...i-1974768.aspx
i will post a thread to sell my f sport exhaust and i hope you can still give me the same quote after i sold mine
Old 02-16-16, 01:50 PM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

Sounds good!
1-855-998-8726
Old 02-16-16, 01:53 PM
sandiegoer
Driver

Originally Posted by JM Auto Racing
Sounds good!
oh mb just making sure, its 1k4 not 1k7 hahaha i just reread my comment
Old 02-16-16, 01:56 PM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

Yes I knew it was a typo lol
Its $1399
1-855-998-8726
Old 02-16-16, 11:04 PM
keveezzy
Driver School Candidate

Hey Club Lexus,
What I'm looking for in an exhaust : Deep Growl at low rpms, throaty and deep sound when I push the pedal, low drone, and a rumble at idle.

(skip to next paragraph to skip the back story) Let me start off on how I acquired the exhaust and when I had it installed. As many of you know, ARK Performance was offering partial sponsorships from their Instagram page for the 2014+ IS350/250 models. I was lucky enough to purchase the exhaust with burnt tips from Erick(he was very kind and helpful) at ARK Performance. The shipping took about 2 days to arrive at my front doorstep since I live in the Bay Area which is relatively close to their headquarters. I had the exhaust installed from a friend around Wednesday.

I have to admit I was very skeptical at first because there aren't much videos of the exhaust on YouTube and I was afraid the recordings weren't portraying it's true sound. And I was right, they weren't! The ARK Cat-back exhaust is BETTER than the videos! This thing is crazy ! I didn't believe it when people said it could set off car alarms on cold starts but it really can! The first time I started the car from my friend's shop, it blew my eardrums away. It's loud but it won't give you that nasty "ricey" or an American muscle(no offense to the muscle lovers) sound to it. At low RPM's it will growl at you and ask you to push the car to it's limit so you can hear her scream. But don't let that be a turn off for you owners who like a quiet ride. If you just keep your pedal at a steady position when you're cruising on freeways or just on the normal road, it will be silent. Now let's talk about the drone. Is there drone? yes. Is there a lot of drone? depends on how you're driving. You won't hear it unless you push the pedal but as I stated before, it's silent if you're cruising. For the idling, you can faintly hear the low rumbling which I think is perfect for this car. There's one thing that might get some time to get used. It's the vibration from the exhaust. You can feel it while you're driving but I'm used to it by now.

My final thoughts : GET THIS EXHAUST! It's well worth it ! Those of you who are tired of your stock exhaust and wishing it has the sound it really deserves, make this purchase. It will not disappoint!

would this fit a IS200t?
Old 02-17-16, 12:36 AM
ramlawih
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't tempt me! I might have to do it now just for laughs. Nice car btw! Loving that blackout
thx mate, i accidently left it open after buying a carpet for the house and i forgot to close it so the next day i just got in and got my ear drums absolutly smashed. i thought something was wrong with the car but then i saw it and started laughing
Old 02-17-16, 01:23 AM
Chiubacca
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by keveezzy
would this fit a IS200t?
I am not too sure but I assume so since the only change is the engine right? But I would suggest you email erick@arkperformanceusa.com for more information
Old 02-17-16, 01:25 AM
Chiubacca
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ramlawih
thx mate, i accidently left it open after buying a carpet for the house and i forgot to close it so the next day i just got in and got my ear drums absolutly smashed. i thought something was wrong with the car but then i saw it and started laughing
Definitely going to try it tomorrow Haha. I usually drive with the windows down and sunroof open to hear the exhaust better
Old 02-17-16, 03:42 AM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

This fill not fit. The IS200T has a single bank coming off the headers where the 250/250 have a dual.
1-855-998-8726
Old 02-17-16, 09:42 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

would this fit a IS200t?
Do you know how your engine is built?

First question...do you know how many cylinders you have? Compare that to the number that the ARK exhaust is made for.

Take your time....We will wait.
Old 02-17-16, 10:54 AM
ARK Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Kyle

would this fit a IS200t?
We'd be interested in doing an exhaust for your car if you'd like to come by so we can take a look.

Quick Reply: ARK Catback Exhaust Review