IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Did my mom buy the plainest, most boring is350 ever produced?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-16, 07:56 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Taideee
I don't use the navi in the system either, it is a pain in the butt to set up everytime.

Many people complain the LED headlamps aren't as bright as the HID ones. (I cannot confirm)

backup camera isn't 100% needed, it is just useful.

you should be buying the car for the car not the options
The Navi is best set up with the Enform app. Easy to sync addresses with the phone without using that stupid mouse.

The feature I use most is the BSM. I love it. Saved me a few times too
Old 01-18-16, 08:00 AM
IS35fs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by evident
get an aftermarket nav and backup camera. you aren't missing much with the OEM Nav system, it really sucks.

I wish we had a moonroof delete option, i woulda been on top of that in a heartbeat. I didnt even know they optioned 350 f-sports w/o nav.

The issue is honestly not being able to use the navigation as I use my phone and mom does as well anyways. It's Just super pleasing to the eyes too see a map in front of you. Purely wanted it for its looks as stupid as that sounds

And it's already pretty cramped inside I couldn't imagine suction cupping a separate LCD screen to use for the back up camera. I really wish I could have it installed and wired to display on the factory unit. I'm sure it's been done somewhere in this world haha....or maybe not
Old 01-18-16, 08:02 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Is it just you that wishes the car had these features or does your mom want them too? It's unclear to me if she is unhappy with the purchase.
Old 01-18-16, 08:03 AM
IS35fs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I have a base 250 F Sport AWD and have had many loaded Lexus vehicles with NAV including the current NX 200t F Sport which has HUD, NAV, DRCC, and so on.

Believe me, as some have mentioned already, you won't miss the NAV and having both input interfaces, the standard Display Audio Controller's input **** is arguably better than the RTI.

What I do find inconvenient is the lack of a backup cam. This is especially true at night time and with tinted windows, makes reversing almost like being blind folded.

Figure +- $3K Cdn to add NAV and the backup cam at the dealer, both of which are not worth the cost. Better off going aftermarket.
Yes the back up camera is what I wish I had the most. I can live without nav or the 15 speaker system but no back up camera?? Why wouldn't anybody want to be as careful as they can be in regards to cement blocks when reversing into a stall or it's just super handy haha.
Old 01-18-16, 08:05 AM
IS35fs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JDR76
Is it just you that wishes the car had these features or does your mom want them too? It's unclear to me if she is unhappy with the purchase.
She's unhappy it has no back up camera or BSM. But it's still not a deal breaker as the car is already bought haha.

Just need the most OEM styled backup camera on the market lol.

I drive a 2008 TL Type S and it WAS incredibly fun to drive until mother B comes home with a new is350
Old 01-18-16, 08:10 AM
rL-gT
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 61 Posts

F sport stage 1.. ouch.
Old 01-18-16, 08:13 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by IS35fs
She's unhappy it has no back up camera or BSM. But it's still not a deal breaker as the car is already bought haha.

Just need the most OEM styled backup camera on the market lol.

I drive a 2008 TL Type S and it WAS incredibly fun to drive until mother B comes home with a new is350
do you two share cars? or are you just a bit jealous that she has an is350 and you have/had a tl s-type? the situation is a bit confusing as you go back and forth between your mom buying the car and using the plural "we" in "did we just buy..." and "so i do feel we got a decent price..."
Old 01-18-16, 08:18 AM
IS35fs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by davyjordi
do you two share cars? or are you just a bit jealous that she has an is350 and you have/had a tl s-type? the situation is a bit confusing as you go back and forth between your mom buying the car and using the plural "we" in "did we just buy..." and "so i do feel we got a decent price..."
What does ownership of the car have anything to do with this though? Why are you confused lol. I'm trying to get support for my mom who bought a is350. I'm using plural terms because I'm just referring to me and mother. We want a back up camera, she wants a back up camera it's all the same brother
Old 01-18-16, 08:21 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

What does ownership of the car have anything to do with this though? Why are you confused lol. I'm trying to get support for my mom who bought a is350. I'm using plural terms because I'm just referring to me and mother. We want a back up camera, she wants a back up camera it's all the same brother
because your mom bought the car and was seemingly happy with her purchase until you pointed out features that you would have wanted should you have bought the car. it's your mom's car, dude.

if she really did make a huge mistake, then install a backup camera. problem solved.
Old 01-18-16, 08:35 AM
IS35fs
Driver School Candidate

because your mom bought the car and was seemingly happy with her purchase until you pointed out features that you would have wanted should you have bought the car. it's your mom's car, dude.

if she really did make a huge mistake, then install a backup camera. problem solved.
This thread was to find out if I could get factory OEM nav and back up camera installed. That's all dude. She asked me to find out this information.
Old 01-18-16, 08:42 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

This thread was to find out if I could get factory OEM nav and back up camera installed. That's all dude. She asked me to find out this information.
i mean, i meant no disrespect. i was just wondering if the issues were more surrounding you rather than your mom.

anyhow, the aforementioned questions have been answered. the systems are not plug-and-play, but with enough money, sure, they can be installed. it wouldn't be worth it, though, as trading the vehicle in and getting one that is optioned more to your liking would be very likely be the smarter financial move between the two scenarios.

apologies should i have offended.
Old 01-18-16, 08:47 AM
Taideee
Rookie

If you install a 3rd party backup camera, it should be real cheap. If you want it built in, will be pricey
Old 01-18-16, 09:07 AM
IS35fs
Driver School Candidate

i mean, i meant no disrespect. i was just wondering if the issues were more surrounding you rather than your mom.

anyhow, the aforementioned questions have been answered. the systems are not plug-and-play, but with enough money, sure, they can be installed. it wouldn't be worth it, though, as trading the vehicle in and getting one that is optioned more to your liking would be very likely be the smarter financial move between the two scenarios.

apologies should i have offended.
Not offended it's all good. I was confused. I thought to be a member on this forum the Lexus had to be owned by you or something lol. But thanks for the info!
Old 01-18-16, 09:10 AM
IS35fs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Taideee
If you install a 3rd party backup camera, it should be real cheap. If you want it built in, will be pricey
I wonder how pricey. My mom really wants a back up camera but doesn't want the extra screen added. But I will inquire on prices. Thanks!
Old 01-18-16, 10:21 AM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

In my openion the backup camera is a must. However the nav is welcomed also. The benefit of the nav is finding the shortcuts and not getting surprised by a dead end. Additionally it is actually good if you travel to neighboring countries to avoid data charges.

Quick Reply: Did my mom buy the plainest, most boring is350 ever produced?