IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

New to the boards! Where to lookup parts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-16, 02:53 PM
Turismo
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default New to the boards! Where to lookup parts?

Hey guys! Just bought a gently used 2015 IS350 F-Sport, Atomic Silver. This is my first new-ish car...I'm a Mitsubishi 3000GT guy, I've got 2 VR-4s, 99 and 93, so I'm used to hunting for parts. I've already got a few odds and ends I want to replace in my Lexus (apparently the asshat previous owner had a fetish with scratching things).
Is there a downloadable parts service program for Toyota/Lexus where I can look at diagrams and get part numbers, similar to Mitsubishi ASA?

Also, where do you guys get parts? I'm assuming there's a source to avoid the dealer prices...?
for reference, I'm looking for the drive mode selector ****. (Eco, Sport, Sport+)

I've managed to find a few things on eBay that I wanted...an OEM rear spoiler, illuminated sills, bumper applique, and some touch-up paint. PN's would help searching for the smaller things.

Thanks guys!
Old 01-16-16, 06:53 PM
Chris442
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Turismo
Hey guys! Just bought a gently used 2015 IS350 F-Sport, Atomic Silver. This is my first new-ish car...I'm a Mitsubishi 3000GT guy, I've got 2 VR-4s, 99 and 93, so I'm used to hunting for parts. I've already got a few odds and ends I want to replace in my Lexus (apparently the asshat previous owner had a fetish with scratching things).
Is there a downloadable parts service program for Toyota/Lexus where I can look at diagrams and get part numbers, similar to Mitsubishi ASA?

Also, where do you guys get parts? I'm assuming there's a source to avoid the dealer prices...?
for reference, I'm looking for the drive mode selector ****. (Eco, Sport, Sport+)

I've managed to find a few things on eBay that I wanted...an OEM rear spoiler, illuminated sills, bumper applique, and some touch-up paint. PN's would help searching for the smaller things.

Thanks guys!
Welcome to the group, The only diagrams, manuals, etc that I am aware of are TIS. https://techinfo.toyota.com/ You have to pay to access but the items are downloadable and for $15 for 2 days you can get what you need..

Parts - i would just search the forum. There are a lot of places, it just depends on what you are looking for. Sometimes getting them from Toyota instead of Lexus is a way to save $$.