IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

AC compressor bearing issue during PDI

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-15, 02:12 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

They could've taken the parts off another new car on the lot and then put the parts that are taking 2 months to come from Japan on that other car, sent you on your way.
Old 12-23-15, 02:32 PM
alude
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, we did mention that but apparently not all IS AC systems are interchangeable according to my sales person. Only certain models. there was an IS300 that recently came in about a week ago but that was when i received an ETA of Dec 21 of our condenser part. therefore, we decided to wait for the NEW part instead of disassembling from one car and put it into our car. Now that Dec 21 is in the past, i guess i could again explore that option but again do i want a part that has already been installed in a car, taken out, and install it in our car?? i think i would want a brand new, uninstalled part but how long am i willing to wait?? if i know the location of the damn ship right now, i would feel a lot better.
Old 01-04-16, 03:08 PM
alude
Driver School Candidate

it is now Jan 4. Still no car. apparently, there is another car that has the same configuration is at the port of entry. i guess it will be arriving at the dealer hopefully sometime this week. pray that it will pass the PDI an more than likely will take that one since my original car has now been taken apart i.e. dash had to come out to install new condenser. i hope Lexus has a nice belated Christmas present for me as i am def l will be asking some serious discounts for this whole frustrating experience.
will keep everyone updated
Old 01-04-16, 09:36 PM
IScrazzd
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to hear bud. Which dealership are you dealing with?
Old 01-04-16, 10:09 PM
alude
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IScrazzd
Sorry to hear bud. Which dealership are you dealing with?
Open Road Lexus in Port Moody, BC. Isn't it the same one as where you got your IS from?
Old 01-05-16, 10:09 AM
IScrazzd
Driver School Candidate

Yes it is. I am sure they will take care of you.
Old 01-18-16, 02:17 PM
alude
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by alude
it is now Jan 4. Still no car. apparently, there is another car that has the same configuration is at the port of entry. i guess it will be arriving at the dealer hopefully sometime this week. pray that it will pass the PDI an more than likely will take that one since my original car has now been taken apart i.e. dash had to come out to install new condenser. i hope Lexus has a nice belated Christmas present for me as i am def l will be asking some serious discounts for this whole frustrating experience.
will keep everyone updated
It is now Jan 18 and still waiting for the car to arrive at the dealer. Apparently the dealer said the car was at the Vancouver compound since Jan 5 but have no idea when the car will be arriving to the dealer. The manager kept stating that it will be very soon but he has been saying that for a week. Still nothing. I am seriously considering buying an Audi S4.
This is completely ridonculous.
Old 01-18-16, 02:18 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

You are WAY more patient than I would be... I'd have moved on already. I hope you find a satisfactory path forward soon.
Old 01-18-16, 02:42 PM
chyeea03
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You should see if they'll get you upgraded to a GS350 (at no additional cost) for all the trouble they're giving you, you're extremely patient. EXTREMELY!
Old 01-18-16, 02:50 PM
brendanf
Advanced

Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

Yeah I would demand my money back and move on.. Thats total BS...
Old 01-18-16, 04:24 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

wow how could you stand that. they literally killed the car buying experience you for. yes as a previous member stated. say i want a gs350 or go to corporate or even find out who the GM of your dealership or something is. They are just giving you the runaround. that is completely unacceptable for any dealership, let alone a lexus dealer
Old 01-19-16, 11:03 AM
alude
Driver School Candidate

Alleluia! Got the call late yesterday. Went to look at the car last night. It was still wrapped with the white exterior wrapper and the interior was still in plastics. No issues found during PDI. Now, I am waiting for the final pricing i.e. with the compensation.
This buying experience is now NOT at all exciting. It is more like a chore, meaning just want to get this over with.
Old 01-19-16, 11:19 AM
chyeea03
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's great to hear! I hope they give you great compensation for your trouble and I hope you thoroughly enjoy the car

be sure to post pics once you get it!
Old 01-26-16, 10:51 PM
alude
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chyeea03
That's great to hear! I hope they give you great compensation for your trouble and I hope you thoroughly enjoy the car

be sure to post pics once you get it!
Well, my sales person had made a deal with me which was approved by the sales manager. My sales person is actually no longer with the dealership due to health issues but he wanted to complete this deal as this has been on going for months. So, he took upon himself and made a deal with the manager which was to my liking as well.

However, I had to go to the dealership to formally document the deal on paper with the sales manager. Went in today and to my surprise, the manager back off from the agreed deal. He basically is not giving me any compensation for all the frustrations/waiting that I have gone through. I immediately said I want my deposit back right now and walked out.

What a horrible way to treat a customer that has been waiting for months. I will be reporting this to Lexus canada. Do not deal with any Open Road Lexus. The manager's name is David Sha. He is a freaking fat *** man who is selfish and he does not treat customers with respect. Do NOT ever deal with this dealership and/or this horrible man.

Not really sure what to do now in terms of getting an IS. My salesperson may be heading to another car company and he said he will try to get me the IS with the same agreed price. Guess will wait a bit longer. In addition I have also bought so many upgrades in anticipation of the IS. I have in my garage
RSR sports i coilovers
JDM foglight kit with the OEM column stalk
Grimm speed license plate relocation kit
Weather tech mats
RR racing USRS

I have already spent close to 4000 dollars for the above listed parts and now I might end up selling everything. So freaking pissed.
Old 01-27-16, 02:33 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by alude
Well, my sales person had made a deal with me which was approved by the sales manager. My sales person is actually no longer with the dealership due to health issues but he wanted to complete this deal as this has been on going for months. So, he took upon himself and made a deal with the manager which was to my liking as well.

However, I had to go to the dealership to formally document the deal on paper with the sales manager. Went in today and to my surprise, the manager back off from the agreed deal. He basically is not giving me any compensation for all the frustrations/waiting that I have gone through. I immediately said I want my deposit back right now and walked out.

What a horrible way to treat a customer that has been waiting for months. I will be reporting this to Lexus canada. Do not deal with any Open Road Lexus. The manager's name is David Sha. He is a freaking fat *** man who is selfish and he does not treat customers with respect. Do NOT ever deal with this dealership and/or this horrible man.

Not really sure what to do now in terms of getting an IS. My salesperson may be heading to another car company and he said he will try to get me the IS with the same agreed price. Guess will wait a bit longer. In addition I have also bought so many upgrades in anticipation of the IS. I have in my garage
RSR sports i coilovers
JDM foglight kit with the OEM column stalk
Grimm speed license plate relocation kit
Weather tech mats
RR racing USRS

I have already spent close to 4000 dollars for the above listed parts and now I might end up selling everything. So freaking pissed.
I think that Christian Chia would love to hear about this! Try to get a hold of the man himself.

I go to Open Road Lexus Richmond, and have not had problems with them.

Incase you didn't know, Christian is the President and CEO of the OpenRoad Auto Group and his office when he's in, is at Open Road Lexus Richmond.

Last edited by Sango; 01-27-16 at 01:48 PM.

Quick Reply: AC compressor bearing issue during PDI