IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Aftermarket fogs for 3rd gen IS 250/350F Sport

Old 08-17-15, 03:43 PM
daobn24
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rsx2crazy
I didn't accept their warranty work on my condensed fog lights. So I am in the process of returning it back to them for store credit so that when the version 2 fogs come back in stock, I will give these fogs another try.
I would do the same but it was past the 30 days return policy. I'm using their 90 days manufacturer warranty. I'll try to push for store credit and see what they say. PM me any tips if it's not too much to ask.
Old 08-20-15, 04:42 PM
rsx2crazy
Rookie

Originally Posted by daobn24
I would do the same but it was past the 30 days return policy. I'm using their 90 days manufacturer warranty. I'll try to push for store credit and see what they say. PM me any tips if it's not too much to ask.
So I called them today to see what was the status of my return request, they said that they aren't going to accept my return for store credit.

This pisses me off because I gave them the chance to fix it under warranty. I should have just asked for a return from the beginning.
Old 08-20-15, 04:57 PM
daobn24
Pole Position

Yea, they're giving me a bit of a run around too with this second warranty claim attempt. I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise. In your case, did you pay with a credit card? If so, you have the option to reverse that charge. Your CC company will take your side.
Old 08-20-15, 06:51 PM
rsx2crazy
Rookie

Originally Posted by daobn24
Yea, they're giving me a bit of a run around too with this second warranty claim attempt. I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise. In your case, did you pay with a credit card? If so, you have the option to reverse that charge. Your CC company will take your side.
unfortunately, I paid with paypal
Old 08-20-15, 10:13 PM
Carbonite
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default another alternative to the OEM

So you'll have to be able to do some custom fab. or know someone who can help you to install them but if the iJDMToy LEDs aren't for you but you still want a cheaper alternative to the OEM units you might consider the following.

Using the OEM covers, I installed this fog light kit:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JK021P8/...bullet+hid+kit

They have a cutoff to keep from "dazzling" oncoming traffic so they're safe and legal.

This is how they look with 3000k bulbs:

and with 6000k bulbs:

I apologize in advance for not creating a write up or being able to offer much insight as to what I did to install them. That said, I used the brackets that came with the lights plus some cut, welded, and drilled strips/bars of metal that I attached to a couple bolts/screws that existed inside the bumper.
Old 08-21-15, 01:38 AM
Ecko508
Driver

Default Lexus fogs for 3rd gen IS 250/350F Sport

Installed mine. Install was very easy but holy bright! I almost feel bad for other people driving by me. I'm looking into ways to dim them...anyone have any thoughts?
Old 08-21-15, 05:03 AM
manchild
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ecko508
Installed mine. Install was very easy but holy bright! I almost feel bad for other people driving by me. I'm looking into ways to dim them...anyone have any thoughts?
I just RMA'd my set. I just dont want to torture my neighbors and honestly speaking the cops in my area find every other reason to pull me over. I dont want to give them another one.
Old 08-21-15, 05:28 AM
manchild
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Carbonite
So you'll have to be able to do some custom fab. or know someone who can help you to install them but if the iJDMToy LEDs aren't for you but you still want a cheaper alternative to the OEM units you might consider the following.

They have a cutoff to keep from "dazzling" oncoming traffic so they're safe and legal.

and with 6000k bulbs:

I apologize in advance for not creating a write up or being able to offer much insight as to what I did to install them. That said, I used the brackets that came with the lights plus some cut, welded, and drilled strips/bars of metal that I attached to a couple bolts/screws that existed inside the bumper.
Did you have to modify the oem covers?
Are you using the oem covers from Nigel?
Did you fab up a set of mounting brackets?

Last edited by manchild; 08-21-15 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 08-21-15, 08:50 AM
Carbonite
Rookie

Originally Posted by manchild
Did you have to modify the oem covers?
Are you using the oem covers from Nigel?
Did you fab up a set of mounting brackets?
Yes on all three accounts.

OEM covers needed very slight modification, nipping off a small bit of plastic around the interior of the opening where the fog lens sits in place. IIRC there are 3 small bits of plastic, I removed them. They probably align with the OEM units.

Mounting brackets were made from metal stips/bars being bent/folded to allow them to connect to the mounts attached to the fog housings. I then attached that contraption to a couple of 10mm bolts that are visible after removing the stock black filler ducts.
Old 08-21-15, 09:06 AM
manchild
Pit Crew

Yes on all three accounts.

OEM covers needed very slight modification, nipping off a small bit of plastic around the interior of the opening where the fog lens sits in place. IIRC there are 3 small bits of plastic, I removed them. They probably align with the OEM units.

Mounting brackets were made from metal stips/bars being bent/folded to allow them to connect to the mounts attached to the fog housings. I then attached that contraption to a couple of 10mm bolts that are visible after removing the stock black filler ducts.
I think I'm going to go this route. I love the looks of your lights both in 3k and 6k. I may go 4.3k myself. I'm waiting for my rma to complete before ordering up a set.

How long did you take to rig up the bracket and can you make up a few more for fun and profit?
Old 08-21-15, 10:23 AM
Carbonite
Rookie

Originally Posted by manchild
I think I'm going to go this route. I love the looks of your lights both in 3k and 6k. I may go 4.3k myself. I'm waiting for my rma to complete before ordering up a set.

How long did you take to rig up the bracket and can you make up a few more for fun and profit?
It probably took me a total of 5 or 6 hours over all. I spent 3 or 4 days tweaking and modding what I made so that they would aim correctly. I don't believe it's something I could replicate and to be honest, if the covers weren't there to hide it, I'd be pretty embarrassed of what it looks like underneath

I think the look of these lights is really good though and worth the install if you can DIY or have someone who can assist, however if it's something you'd have to pay a shop or person to install it may not be worth it as the OEMs are somewhat plug and play.
Old 08-30-15, 09:44 PM
i2fat
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Any updates to your experiences with IJDM fogs?
Old 08-30-15, 09:54 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

and with 6000k bulbs:

Great picture! I am not fond of yellow fogs but yours look great, especially your IS is white! Of course yellow fogs of less than 3000K color temperture are effective fog lights.
Old 08-31-15, 09:14 AM
daobn24
Pole Position

I received the second replacement fog-light back this past Saturday. I believe they sent me a 3rd revision of these lights as the housing surrounding the LED look like they're metal. The LEDs are cleaner and look like they're quality CREE lights matching the stock headlight very well. I'm satisfy but only time will tell how well these are made.

Old 08-31-15, 12:58 PM
Sexis350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool. Any difference in beam pattern? Or they still using the flood light effect?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aftermarket fogs for 3rd gen IS 250/350F Sport