IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Funny Race Story

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-15, 06:56 PM
CK21
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nocxx2
No, expensive isn't relative. And lexus is an expensive car. Majority of this forums population just doesn't understand it because, they either lease these expensive cars and or do not understand the concept of financing. People who own a lexus, know full well it is an expensive car, just as any owner of an expensive luxury car.
To someone who makes $20k a year a Camry would be an expensive car. But to someone who owns a Lexus a Camry would be relatively cheap. Same goes to someone who owns multiple luxery and exotic cars. To someone who owns a Rolls Phantom or an LFA a regular Lexus would be relatively inexpensive.Just because we view our Lexus' as expensive doesn't mean everyone else does.
Old 11-22-15, 06:58 PM
nocxx2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CK21
To someone who makes $20k a year a Camry would be an expensive car. But to someone who owns a Lexus a Camry would be relatively cheap. Same goes to someone who owns multiple luxery and exotic cars. To someone who owns a Rolls Phantom or an LFA a regular Lexus would be relatively inexpensive.Just because we view our Lexus' as expensive doesn't mean everyone else does.
You missed my point by a country mile, clearly. Lexus, like BMW/Mercedes/Audi etc. is a "LUXURY" car brand. These cars are categorically "expensive" compared to regular cars. My comment was in the context of this thread and the nature of the discussion.
Old 11-22-15, 07:33 PM
CK21
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nocxx2
You missed my point by a country mile, clearly. Lexus, like BMW/Mercedes/Audi etc. is a "LUXURY" car brand. These cars are categorically "expensive" compared to regular cars. My comment was in the context of this thread and the nature of the discussion.
You're taking my words out of context. I never once compared "luxury" cars to "regular" cars. Just because a car is classed as a luxury vehicle does not make it an expensive car to everyone. What I originally said was that "expensive" is a relative term.
Old 11-23-15, 11:57 PM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have owned three Lexus and two Mercedes Benz. I loved two of the Lexus and both Mercedes. I hated one Lexus. If we are discussing owners attitudes okay. If we are discussing cars, just enjoy what you are driving then move on to the next choice. The Lexus and MBs are completely different in my opinion. Better or worse, personal preference.
Old 11-25-15, 07:30 AM
Baopee
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think everything is expensive, as long as they are not free >_^, but you should not feel expensive/ stretched to buy or maintain your car, if someone feels that way he/ she might have bitten more than they can chew. We all know our cars are going to break, therefore when you purchase your car you would have some kind of figure in mind some kind of estimate figure for future repairing bills.(that is if you plan to keep your car after the warranty expires)