IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Buffalo / Western NY

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-16, 04:35 AM
Jskrapper
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Swiderski is a good guy. I've had many dealings with him as I am a NAPA autoparts store manager here in North Tonawanda. I would give him a shot and tell him Joe from NAPA sent you if you want. I also used to work with Innovative Tuning. Both shops are great, but neither specializes in Lexus.

Does anyone around here have any kind of exhaust on their 3IS? I am thinking of getting one, but really don't want the drone to be intrusive. Afterall, I am coming from a full 3 inch setup on the Subaru and have outgrown that for the time being.
Old 02-23-16, 02:25 PM
SlickRSM
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jskrapper
Swiderski is a good guy. I've had many dealings with him as I am a NAPA autoparts store manager here in North Tonawanda. I would give him a shot and tell him Joe from NAPA sent you if you want. I also used to work with Innovative Tuning. Both shops are great, but neither specializes in Lexus.

Does anyone around here have any kind of exhaust on their 3IS? I am thinking of getting one, but really don't want the drone to be intrusive. Afterall, I am coming from a full 3 inch setup on the Subaru and have outgrown that for the time being.

Talk to aivothom (thomas) he has the joe z exhaust
Old 02-23-16, 10:46 PM
aivothom
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the joez catback exhuast if you'd like to meet up sometime and take a drive and hear for yourself.
Old 02-24-16, 05:47 AM
Jskrapper
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by aivothom
I have the joez catback exhuast if you'd like to meet up sometime and take a drive and hear for yourself.

I would truly appreciate that. I am in no hurry as I want to wait for the weather to break before I do the work. I wouldn't go cat back either. Most likely axle back.

Either way, I just need to hear this engine with exhaust in person.

You let me know when it is convenient for you. I am not even sure if I have the ability to PM on this forum yet either for a phone # swap.
Old 03-08-16, 02:52 PM
SlickRSM
Pole Position

Well I got my RSR Downs installed over the weekend at unique up in Canada and it was well worth the trip. Victor the owner met me and had the car done in 2 hours. I also just ordered the AEM intake just wanted a little better engine note.

Can any rec a good place to get an alignment? I know Licata's was mentioned but they have rough hours for me 8-4:30 and no weekends.
Old 03-10-16, 05:38 AM
TorontoR
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SlickRSM
Well I got my RSR Downs installed over the weekend at unique up in Canada and it was well worth the trip. Victor the owner met me and had the car done in 2 hours. I also just ordered the AEM intake just wanted a little better engine note.

Can any rec a good place to get an alignment? I know Licata's was mentioned but they have rough hours for me 8-4:30 and no weekends.
Could you let me know how much it cost and where this ship is located/ called? I've got RSR half down's ordered and trying to line up a shop. I'd rather go to a shop that has recently done a 3IS.
Old 03-10-16, 05:42 AM
SlickRSM
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TorontoR
Could you let me know how much it cost and where this ship is located/ called? I've got RSR half down's ordered and trying to line up a shop. I'd rather go to a shop that has recently done a 3IS.
Unique Workshop
25 Heritage Road, Unit 9B
Markham, Ontario
+1 905-472-8883

Ask for victor he has done prob about 50 CL members cars.
Old 07-26-16, 11:35 AM
aivothom
Rookie

Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys would want to all meet up and take some pictures together. I want to get all the CL members in buffalo or the WNY area and meet everyone.
Old 07-26-16, 12:31 PM
SlickRSM
Pole Position

Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys would want to all meet up and take some pictures together. I want to get all the CL members in buffalo or the WNY area and meet everyone.
Count me in...
Old 07-26-16, 02:19 PM
ToDesi
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I would love to her the exhaust if you're ever in the Toronto area.
Old 07-26-16, 06:05 PM
Misterjim
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I live near Rochester. Don't own an IS yet but have 2 BMWs: a 335 convertible and a 328 sedan. Looking for a CPO IS 350 f-sport (ideally) to replace my 328 but there is slim pickings around here. All our local dealer has are IS 250s so I haven't been even able to test drive what I want yet.
Old 07-27-16, 09:22 AM
aivothom
Rookie

Have you looked at Northtown lexus in buffalo? I know they have a couple is350 last time I was there.
Old 06-06-18, 07:35 AM
SlickRSM
Pole Position

Sorry to activate a 2 year old thread but I will be getting rid of my IS and will have an AEM intake for sale for a 2014+ IS if anyone is interested locally.
Old 07-29-19, 10:20 AM
aryahaji
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Activating this thread again, just got my '16 is 300 f sport back in May and would be really cool if all the locals got together for cruises or mini meets. Who would be down?
Old 07-29-19, 10:37 AM
SlickRSM
Pole Position

Originally Posted by aryahaji
Activating this thread again, just got my '16 is 300 f sport back in May and would be really cool if all the locals got together for cruises or mini meets. Who would be down?

I got ride ride of my Lexus about a year ago for the rr Velar. Always down to meet up

Quick Reply: Buffalo / Western NY