Winter Tires size on a IS350 AWD

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-15, 07:27 AM
darkarmy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter Tires size on a IS350 AWD

Hi Guys,

I was at the dealership yesterday and they told me that the winters had to be staggered in order to fit the car, but I searched the forum and found people have been going with 225/45/17 all around and have no problems.
Old 11-12-15, 08:48 AM
jd93
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by darkarmy
Hi Guys,

I was at the dealership yesterday and they told me that the winters had to be staggered in order to fit the car, but I searched the forum and found people have been going with 225/45/17 all around and have no problems.

AWD model does not require staggering, 225/45/17 is an ideal size for winter tires.. A dealership told you no?
Old 11-12-15, 08:51 AM
darkarmy
Rookie

yeah, gentlemen questioned if the rims would clear, I told him I was getting a set of replica rims that were made identically to the OEM rims.
Old 11-12-15, 09:25 AM
newToIs250
Driver

yeah, gentlemen questioned if the rims would clear, I told him I was getting a set of replica rims that were made identically to the OEM rims.

I have is250 awd

Those are my winter tires
Nokian r2 225/45/17
On 17x8 offset 45 rims
Plus tpms

The dealers i called told me 225/45/17 was good for my awd is250

The rims i have might not clear the breaks on your is350 ???
Thanks
Old 11-12-15, 09:49 AM
Dizordered
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi Guys,

I suggest you go see another dealership. I went to 2 dealerships (let's say dealer A and dealer B) and they gave me different opinions. One of them is wrong obviously!

Dealer A suggested me to go with 17in wheels for winter setup specifically because the OEM setup is staggered. The IS staggered setup is rare on winter tires (I only found 3 models I think...). They showed me the RWC wheels that they are offering and it's new for this year (RWC LX80). Also, winter tires would be 225/45R17 all around as you mentioned.

I was shopping around for the best price so I went to Dealer B to see...

Dealer B said that the IS350 F-Sport has really big calipers and that I cannot go with 17in wheels. They said I must stay staggered with OEM F-Sport wheels. They showed the staggered Michelin setup that they had in stock and kinda pushed me to go with that. I took their quote and walked away.

I called Dealer A to make sure that their RWC wheels do fit the IS350 calipers and they confirmed that it will fit. I haven't switched them yet, but member "condosales" did (see link below). Those are exactly my future wheels!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...picture-7.html

So in the end, Dealer B is completely wrong! They tried to scam me too when I was shopping for my IS. I ended up leasing it at Dealer A. Must I say that I'll never go back to Dealer B ever again? lol
Old 11-12-15, 10:20 AM
darkarmy
Rookie

First off, nice choice in rims, love them.

I found a place that offered these replicas with Michellin X-Ice3's for $1600 installed and taxed. The dude said these would clear as they are exact replica's of the oem.

But I agree, not all dealerships know what they are doing.

Originally Posted by Dizordered
I suggest you go see another dealership. I went to 2 dealerships (let's say dealer A and dealer B) and they gave me different opinions. One of them is wrong obviously!

Dealer A suggested me to go with 17in wheels for winter setup specifically because the OEM setup is staggered. The IS staggered setup is rare on winter tires (I only found 3 models I think...). They showed me the RWC wheels that they are offering and it's new for this year (RWC LX80). Also, winter tires would be 225/45R17 all around as you mentioned.

I was shopping around for the best price so I went to Dealer B to see...

Dealer B said that the IS350 F-Sport has really big calipers and that I cannot go with 17in wheels. They said I must stay staggered with OEM F-Sport wheels. They showed the staggered Michelin setup that they had in stock and kinda pushed me to go with that. I took their quote and walked away.

I called Dealer A to make sure that their RWC wheels do fit the IS350 calipers and they confirmed that it will fit. I haven't switched them yet, but member "condosales" did (see link below). Those are exactly my future wheels!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...picture-7.html

So in the end, Dealer B is completely wrong! They tried to scam me too when I was shopping for my IS. I ended up leasing it at Dealer A. Must I say that I'll never go back to Dealer B ever again? lol
Old 11-12-15, 10:42 AM
newToIs250
Driver

I found a place that offered these replicas with Michellin X-Ice3's for $1600 installed and taxed. The dude said these would clear as they are exact replica's of the oem.

Here, a couple of montreal lexus dealers are selling these: RWC wheels

http://www.rwcwheels.com/en/site/col...r-wheels/lexus

Others on this forum have installed RWC wheels for their is350, they clear the breaks: see link https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...picture-7.html

LX80 ANTHRACITE

i think they were looking at this size:
17x7.5 5x114.3 ET35 CB60.1

the offset is 35

good luck
Old 11-12-15, 03:13 PM
Answer
Instructor

Received 824 Likes on 403 Posts

Don't trust them blindly! I had to try 5 different wheels before getting one to fit on my 350... All the ones I tried were supposed to fit according to the vendors. I finally went with RWC's.
Old 11-21-15, 11:20 PM
darkarmy
Rookie

I ended up going with oem replicas rims which was a cheaper alternative with Michelin Xice 3 225/45/17 all around. So far so good.
Old 11-22-15, 04:16 AM
newToIs250
Driver

I ended up going with oem replicas rims which was a cheaper alternative with Michelin Xice 3 225/45/17 all around. So far so good.
Hello

Do you have picutes you can upload?

Thanks
Old 11-22-15, 09:55 AM
darkarmy
Rookie

Not much of a picture, hope it helps.

Originally Posted by newToIs250
Hello

Do you have picutes you can upload?

Thanks
Old 11-22-15, 10:21 AM
newToIs250
Driver

Nice setup

In coming to regret my choice. Although i bought nokian r2 the rims i bought are ordinary

Old 11-22-15, 10:25 AM
Dizordered
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Wait wait wait.... I'm confused. Are those the OEM F-Sport wheels?! Or are they the replicas?! They look smaller than 18". Whoa...
Old 11-22-15, 10:49 AM
darkarmy
Rookie

It's replicas of the oem F PORT rims.These are 17s
Originally Posted by Dizordered
Wait wait wait.... I'm confused. Are those the OEM F-Sport wheels?! Or are they the replicas?! They look smaller than 18". Whoa...
Old 11-22-15, 10:59 AM
newToIs250
Driver

It's replicas of the oem F PORT rims.These are 17s
What brand are they? Are they hubcentric?
Thanks

Quick Reply: Winter Tires size on a IS350 AWD