IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Ark Exhaust Opinions.

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-15, 12:29 AM
LINSTEFAN
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question Ark Exhaust Opinions.

What are your thoughts on the Ark Exhaust, because I'm planning to invest in one. Also I'm debating whether I should install the exhaust system myself or have a mechanic do it for me. If I were to install it myself, is it self explanatory?In addition does anyone currently run the Ark Exhaust on their 2014 Lexus Is250? If so please give me feedback, because I would love to hear what your thoughts are on the exhaust.
Old 11-10-15, 04:02 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I think the 250 does not sound right and has a raspy sound with the ARK exhaust (at least this is my judgment based on youtube videos). The 350 sounds great.

The exhaust can easily be installed by someone with a few tools and strength (installed it on my wife's car a couple months ago). These tools include an O2 removal tool, a full ratchet/wrench set, a breaker bar, some anti-seize, jackstands, beer, and about 4-5 hours of your time to do it slowly and do it right.
Old 11-10-15, 01:52 PM
lildjloop
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm also looking at getting the ARK Exhaust. 3 weeks ago it was 1399 at CARID and a few other places now i cant seem to fins it any cheaper than 1699!!! WTF??? why did this go up 300 bucks in such a short time? i also bought it 3 weeks ago but bought a RR-Racing BBK instead.
Old 11-10-15, 02:08 PM
chyeea03
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

1500+ is usually the going rate. If you don't mind used, I believe there may be one or two users selling their exhaust at a decent price. Check out the classified ads.
Old 11-10-15, 02:33 PM
LINSTEFAN
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by lildjloop
I'm also looking at getting the ARK Exhaust. 3 weeks ago it was 1399 at CARID and a few other places now i cant seem to fins it any cheaper than 1699!!! WTF??? why did this go up 300 bucks in such a short time? i also bought it 3 weeks ago but bought a RR-Racing BBK instead.
Yea, before it was 1.3k when I last checked. Maybe give it some time and the price will reduce again? Who knows.
@Swacer Do you mind sending me the videos?

Last edited by LINSTEFAN; 11-10-15 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-10-15, 04:10 PM
seoulstar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LINSTEFAN
What are your thoughts on the Ark Exhaust, because I'm planning to invest in one. Also I'm debating whether I should install the exhaust system myself or have a mechanic do it for me. If I were to install it myself, is it self explanatory?In addition does anyone currently run the Ark Exhaust on their 2014 Lexus Is250? If so please give me feedback, because I would love to hear what your thoughts are on the exhaust.
I'm planning on getting the ARK exhaust also. Install shouldn't be that bad. Pretty straight forward, but then again, I used to be a mechanic.

I've seen it on sale before from ARK for that price a few times already this year. Just check back with them periodically and see if they dropped the price.
Old 11-10-15, 04:21 PM
XLucifronx
Driver School Candidate

Bought my Ark exhaust for $1553 during their september sale from Jm auto racing free shipping. Think it would've been the same if i bought from car id cause of shipping. Took mine to a local shop only costed 100$ and about 1hr and 30mins. Only problem i have with the exhaust is the drone when driving my family members lol.
Old 11-10-15, 06:06 PM
lildjloop
Driver School Candidate

About 4 weeks I spoke with carid and they gave me a price of 1299 shipped but I was also inquiring about the RR-Racing BBK and got a great deal so ended up buy the BBK and passed on the exhaust. Man i wish I would of bought it then.. But the BBK looks great right now!!
Old 11-10-15, 06:17 PM
steveo55
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought my ark exhaust from CAR id a while ago. I had it installed im not good with my hands it was easier just to pay someone. It sounds awesome i have the 350. Ive never heard the Joe Z full catback in person i kinda wish i would have but im content with the ark system. I have been hearing this rattle/thumping when going over a bump not sure if the exhaust hitting on body just started happening after like 6 months with it installed. It was pretty cool i live in California so i pay taxes on everything. CAR id didnt charge me taxes or shipping.
Old 11-10-15, 07:11 PM
seoulstar
Driver School Candidate

About 4 weeks I spoke with carid and they gave me a price of 1299 shipped but I was also inquiring about the RR-Racing BBK and got a great deal so ended up buy the BBK and passed on the exhaust. Man i wish I would of bought it then.. But the BBK looks great right now!!
Mind posting a picture ?
Old 11-10-15, 07:41 PM
lildjloop
Driver School Candidate

Here u go!!
Attached Thumbnails Ark Exhaust Opinions.-image.jpeg  
Old 11-10-15, 08:48 PM
LINSTEFAN
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by seoulstar
I'm planning on getting the ARK exhaust also. Install shouldn't be that bad. Pretty straight forward, but then again, I used to be a mechanic.

I've seen it on sale before from ARK for that price a few times already this year. Just check back with them periodically and see if they dropped the price.
Haha nice, save a couple hundred for further mods :P. I'll probably wait it out until the price decreases since theirs no rush. I still can't decided whether I should I should do it myself and get experience or have a mechanic do it instead. Since you were a past mechanic how difficult would you say it is for someone who has never done it from a scale of 1-10?

Can anyone please post pictures on their car with the ARK exhaust mounted? Would love to see how it looks:3 Videos on youtube don't really give a great shot of how the exhaust looks, it mostly shows how the exhaust sounds like, so I would highly appreciate it!
Old 11-10-15, 11:26 PM
seoulstar
Driver School Candidate

It's pretty easy if you can use basic tools. I'm sure there are some DIY on here if you search. If would give it a 1, probably easier than puting ikea furniture together. Nothing can really go wrong...
Old 11-11-15, 06:41 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LINSTEFAN
Yea, before it was 1.3k when I last checked. Maybe give it some time and the price will reduce again? Who knows.
@Swacer Do you mind sending me the videos?
I'm not sure a video would have much value for you as my wife has a 350.
Old 11-11-15, 07:49 AM
carid
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LINSTEFAN, ARK Performance Exhaust System is a great choice! You can check our post about it with other users comments: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...st-system.html As an authorized ARK Performance dealer, we have the same price as they have listed.

Quick Reply: Ark Exhaust Opinions.