IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Ark Exhaust Opinions.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-15, 08:12 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by carid
LINSTEFAN, ARK Performance Exhaust System is a great choice! You can check our post about it with other users comments: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...st-system.html As an authorized ARK Performance dealer, we have the same price as they have listed.
You can also call ARK directly if you don't wish to deal with a middle man vendor (no offense). Call and ask for Mike, he is a great guy to work with, I've worked with him for years.
Old 11-11-15, 11:23 AM
Alant514
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ark exhaust sounds amazing, it is worth it. I have it on my AWD IS350. Do not regret it at all
Old 11-11-15, 12:58 PM
Jeremy1976
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Alant514
Ark exhaust sounds amazing, it is worth it. I have it on my AWD IS350. Do not regret it at all
Any videos bud?
Old 11-12-15, 03:42 AM
ramlawih
Driver

Ive got it installed on my is350f and it sounds amazing. Its not Noisy but it loud if you know what i mean. it feels just right and gives you the chills when you drive with the windows open.
Old 11-12-15, 06:09 AM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

We have the best pricing on this exhaust available and it is always in stock.
AWD and RWD versions are both available.

http://jmautosports.com/store/produc...032&make=LEXUS
Old 11-12-15, 09:00 AM
jd93
Driver

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy the ark mid pipe section for AWD fitment, I already have the invidia q300 axel back but am looking for a mid section
Old 11-12-15, 09:01 AM
jd93
Driver

Originally Posted by JM Auto Racing
We have the best pricing on this exhaust available and it is always in stock.
AWD and RWD versions are both available.

http://jmautosports.com/store/produc...032&make=LEXUS

Do you sell the mid section only for AWD is250
Old 11-12-15, 09:26 AM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

Unfortunately Ark will not part out the mid pipe only
1-855-998-8726
Old 11-12-15, 10:04 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JM Auto Racing
Unfortunately Ark will not part out the mid pipe only
That may not be true. Did you call ARK to confirm this?

I know they get everything in sets, but I'm sure there are some left over prototypes or left over parts.
Old 11-12-15, 10:12 AM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

Many times in the past as recent as last month. I did shoot an email over to the owner to see if we can do this maybe even with a qty buy but I have tried this on the G37 and G35 AWD platform and it was denied on both occasions.
1-855-998-8726
Old 11-13-15, 08:59 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

here are some videos back when my car was pretty much stock...this exhaust just sounds better and better over time. it screams at the high RPMs and great rumble in the lows... buy it!

[/QUOTE]
Old 01-23-16, 11:05 AM
asiandavid
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steveo55
I bought my ark exhaust from CAR id a while ago. I had it installed im not good with my hands it was easier just to pay someone. It sounds awesome i have the 350. Ive never heard the Joe Z full catback in person i kinda wish i would have but im content with the ark system. I have been hearing this rattle/thumping when going over a bump not sure if the exhaust hitting on body just started happening after like 6 months with it installed. It was pretty cool i live in California so i pay taxes on everything. CAR id didnt charge me taxes or shipping.
sorry for reviving a dead thread but after my install a couple of days later i have the same issue with rattle and a thump noise when my car bounces what could be wrong? I checked all the pipes and they were bolted on tight the frame is also tight
Old 01-25-16, 06:23 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by asiandavid
sorry for reviving a dead thread but after my install a couple of days later i have the same issue with rattle and a thump noise when my car bounces what could be wrong? I checked all the pipes and they were bolted on tight the frame is also tight
I'd hope your frame is tight hahaha

Does it sound like a metallic rattle/grind? If so, you don't have enough clearance between the exhaust and the frame/heat shields.

Keep in mind, several factors here:

1. The motor mounts allow the motor a LARGE range of motion (because Lexus owners don't like to feel the engine ). Have someone start your car with you looking under it and see how much it moves. Its quite impressive how much the entire setup moves. You have to accommodate for that.

2. The exhaust will grow and move as the car gets hotter, so clearances will change. If you are close to the frame when cold, you are probably hitting it when hot. Or you're now ringing off a heat shield.

3. As the car hits bumps, the motor mounts will absorb some of that motion, and it will be transferred to the exhaust, thus the exhaust is going to bounce around and hit the frame or shields.

I would recommend that you go back under the car (after it has run, wait for it to cool down a little unless you have high temp gloves - great investment if you don't), then start feeling the entire exhaust. If you can't fit your fingers into a gap (not your entire finger...but enough to feel space), loosen the exhaust and tweak it to make more clearance. If you're finding you have little clearance with a heat shield, don't be afraid to just bend the thing. I bent 2 on my wife's car.

If you've been rubbing the frame long enough, you should see black paint on the exhaust where its hitting as its melted the paint off the frame. Then you'll know exactly where.

This is normal occurrence for an aftermarket exhaust, it took me 2 additional adjustments to get my wife's IS right. Just make sure when you're adjusting the pipes that you have someone standing at the back of the car to make sure the tips are still pointing true.
Old 01-25-16, 11:59 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

A vendor needs to start a GB please and thanks
Old 01-25-16, 12:27 PM
asiandavid
Driver

Originally Posted by Swacer
I'd hope your frame is tight hahaha

Does it sound like a metallic rattle/grind? If so, you don't have enough clearance between the exhaust and the frame/heat shields.

Keep in mind, several factors here:

1. The motor mounts allow the motor a LARGE range of motion (because Lexus owners don't like to feel the engine ). Have someone start your car with you looking under it and see how much it moves. Its quite impressive how much the entire setup moves. You have to accommodate for that.

2. The exhaust will grow and move as the car gets hotter, so clearances will change. If you are close to the frame when cold, you are probably hitting it when hot. Or you're now ringing off a heat shield.

3. As the car hits bumps, the motor mounts will absorb some of that motion, and it will be transferred to the exhaust, thus the exhaust is going to bounce around and hit the frame or shields.

I would recommend that you go back under the car (after it has run, wait for it to cool down a little unless you have high temp gloves - great investment if you don't), then start feeling the entire exhaust. If you can't fit your fingers into a gap (not your entire finger...but enough to feel space), loosen the exhaust and tweak it to make more clearance. If you're finding you have little clearance with a heat shield, don't be afraid to just bend the thing. I bent 2 on my wife's car.

If you've been rubbing the frame long enough, you should see black paint on the exhaust where its hitting as its melted the paint off the frame. Then you'll know exactly where.

This is normal occurrence for an aftermarket exhaust, it took me 2 additional adjustments to get my wife's IS right. Just make sure when you're adjusting the pipes that you have someone standing at the back of the car to make sure the tips are still pointing true.
Thanks for the reply this makes alot of sense becuase the thump only happens after i push the car a little bit or if i have been driving for a while. Everything is tight and not loose i guess its just a clearance issue since its not a big thing ill run it for a little bit til i have time to get back under and i appreciate it i saw that you posted this twice in 2 threads thanks

Quick Reply: Ark Exhaust Opinions.