IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

IS 350 Non F-Sport Possible to Order Without The Nav?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-15, 06:40 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 100 Posts
Default IS 350 Non F-Sport Possible to Order Without The Nav?

I'm currently interest in purchasing a new 3rd Gen IS 350 Non F-Sport model but it must have the Mark Levinson (ML) sound system but I do not want the Navigation System. The build it now website at Lexus doesn't help me because ML comes with the Nav. I basically use my large iPhone and google maps if I ever need directions.

Is it possible to special order an IS 350 Non F-Sport with the Luxury Package (I want the tilt telescoping steering wheel) and I also want ML but No Nav.

I know there won't be any dealers in FL with a car like this so it would be a special order but is it possible, anyone ever get one without Nav but with ML?

I also can't find any pictures of what the inside interior looks like without the Nav, I've only seen 1 or 2 but not from owners.

Thanks
Old 10-28-15, 06:53 PM
Sexis350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all 350s will mostly come with nav if at the dealer. your can special order but wait months for it.

if i am spending this kind of money on a brand new car tho i wouldnt skimp out on anything. before i told my self i dont need rear cross traffic monitor or i never use this or that but in the end i will never buy a brand new car that isnt fully loaded anymore.

1. its just dam embarrassing if someone with a cheaper car has more features than yours.
2. even though you tell yourself you dont need it or use it, in the future you will be glad you got it.
3. you dont want buyers remorse and say man i love this car it would be perfect if it had this or that.
Old 10-28-15, 07:37 PM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

long story short, NO. you can't get a 350 without nav unless it's special ordered.

Originally Posted by Sexis350

if i am spending this kind of money on a brand new car tho i wouldnt skimp out on anything.
Except that the Nav on our cars is an embarassment. a potential buyer wouldn't be skimping out on anything if they actually could skip the nav.

before i told my self i dont need rear cross traffic monitor or i never use this or that but in the end i will never buy a brand new car that isnt fully loaded anymore.
yes, the safety features are nice on newer vehicles, i'll givey ou that

1. its just dam embarrassing if someone with a cheaper car has more features than yours.
it's even more embarassing when an 06 TSX nav works better than a fully loaded lexus navigation system. i'll skip a whole feature altogether if it's completely half assed, like our navigation and stereo interface.
2. even though you tell yourself you dont need it or use it, in the future you will be glad you got it.
3. you dont want buyers remorse and say man i love this car it would be perfect if it had this or that.
NO ONE will feel this way about the nav in the 3IS.

Last edited by evident; 10-28-15 at 07:42 PM.
Old 10-28-15, 08:21 PM
Noeh
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You must get NAV for ML in the US, you can't even special order it without NAV.
Old 10-28-15, 08:30 PM
Sexis350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm, the nav may not be the best in the market but mine works pretty darn well.

Even if you dont use the nav which i do, there are a lot of features the nav will still give you.

I love the fact there is a real time map showing all the streets, a compass, live FREE traffic updates.

Deatination assist : who will find ANY place you want if your software cant.

Latest firmware update even added bing web search if the software cant find location.

It has been as reliable as my google maps and gets me to my destination every time.

Some rooms that can be improved imo. The POI like gas stations have been wrong and i dont use that anymore.

Voice recognition is decent but can be improved. Will eneter an address in one try, will recognize all basic commands like 'go home' and 'find mc donalds'

Overall speed there is some lag/chop but only like 1 or 2 secs. Ideally i would like 0 lag and super smooth interface but 1 or 2 secs is not bad.
Old 10-28-15, 08:39 PM
yunito12
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

best feature i love about our NAV (2015 GS 350 F SPORT) is that we can search up any destination with just the phone number, and the address will pop right up without having to type in those long addresses

worst feature about this NAV is that whenever i put an address or destination, it will include toll roads which sometimes i dont want to use and i have to turn off the option thru settings, it doesnt give me the option to take toll road or not before the guidance
Old 10-28-15, 08:48 PM
evident
Racer

Originally Posted by Sexis350
Hmmm, the nav may not be the best in the market but mine works pretty darn well.

Even if you dont use the nav which i do, there are a lot of features the nav will still give you.

I love the fact there is a real time map showing all the streets, a compass, live FREE traffic updates.

Deatination assist : who will find ANY place you want if your software cant.

Latest firmware update even added bing web search if the software cant find location.

It has been as reliable as my google maps and gets me to my destination every time.

Some rooms that can be improved imo. The POI like gas stations have been wrong and i dont use that anymore.

Voice recognition is decent but can be improved. Will eneter an address in one try, will recognize all basic commands like 'go home' and 'find mc donalds'

Overall speed there is some lag/chop but only like 1 or 2 secs. Ideally i would like 0 lag and super smooth interface but 1 or 2 secs is not bad.
sadly, this is everything a garmin or android/iphone can do but better, and in 1/10th the time it takes to input a destination in the lexus nav.

the voice recognition does work pretty well for me too.
Old 10-28-15, 09:59 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
I'm currently interest in purchasing a new 3rd Gen IS 350 Non F-Sport model but it must have the Mark Levinson (ML) sound system but I do not want the Navigation System. The build it now website at Lexus doesn't help me because ML comes with the Nav. I basically use my large iPhone and google maps if I ever need directions.

Is it possible to special order an IS 350 Non F-Sport with the Luxury Package (I want the tilt telescoping steering wheel) and I also want ML but No Nav.

I know there won't be any dealers in FL with a car like this so it would be a special order but is it possible, anyone ever get one without Nav but with ML?

I also can't find any pictures of what the inside interior looks like without the Nav, I've only seen 1 or 2 but not from owners.

Thanks
no you can't
Old 10-29-15, 04:16 AM
LeapFrog
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm currently interest in purchasing a new 3rd Gen IS 350 Non F-Sport model but it must have the Mark Levinson (ML) sound system but I do not want the Navigation System.
I special ordered an IS 350 w/ Lux package earlier this year - as other posters have noted even then you can't separate the ML system from the Nav - they are bundled together. I decided to order the car without either; for the $3K+ upcharge you can have a high-end audio shop do a really nice upgrade, certainly as good as the ML and a lot cheaper to maintain when you have to replace components such as speakers, amps, etc.

Personally, I'm waiting to see if OEM Audio Plus delivers on their proposed system upgrade for the 3IS which has been shown at several auto venues: https://goo.gl/1vrKO5

Last edited by LeapFrog; 10-29-15 at 11:33 AM.
Old 10-29-15, 06:06 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by evident
sadly, this is everything a garmin or android/iphone can do but better, and in 1/10th the time it takes to input a destination in the lexus nav.

the voice recognition does work pretty well for me too.
I always use the enform app to input the address for the Nav. I'm happy I have that option.
Old 11-09-15, 05:07 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I have 2 more questions and didn't want to start a new thread.

Why did Lexus remove the small front door tweeter speakers when optioned with the ML sound system. My 2007 with ML had the front door tweeter speakers (located on the inside just opposite of the side mirrors) and I really enjoyed how the sound came right into you shoulder height from the right and left. I haven't driven the 3 Gen IS yet with ML how does the sound compare without the door tweeter speakers.

Also why does the Navi screen on the 2nd Gen look bigger than the 3rd Gen, I know one is square size and the other letter box but are they really the same size just different dimensions?
Old 11-10-15, 02:11 PM
evident
Racer

Originally Posted by EZZ
I always use the enform app to input the address for the Nav. I'm happy I have that option.

Thank you for informing me about the enform app ( no pun intended).

This would make the nav system infinitely more useful IF they let us input addresses while the phone was connected to the car! What in God's green earth are they thinking with these ridiculous restrictions?!
Old 11-10-15, 03:55 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I have 2 more questions and didn't want to start a new thread.

Why did Lexus remove the small front door tweeter speakers when optioned with the ML sound system. My 2007 with ML had the front door tweeter speakers (located on the inside just opposite of the side mirrors) and I really enjoyed how the sound came right into you shoulder height from the right and left. I haven't driven the 3 Gen IS yet with ML how does the sound compare without the door tweeter speakers.

Also why does the Navi screen on the 2nd Gen look bigger than the 3rd Gen, I know one is square size and the other letter box but are they really the same size just different dimensions?
The tweeter is now moved onto the Dashboard corners.

perception view properly. Both are equipped with 7" LCD
Old 11-11-15, 07:04 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Originally Posted by specONE
The tweeter is now moved onto the Dashboard corners.
Is there a photo or diagram showing the placement of all the speakers with ML on the 3rd gen IS? I remember seeing one for the 2nd gen IS.
Old 11-11-15, 07:30 AM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Is there a photo or diagram showing the placement of all the speakers with ML on the 3rd gen IS? I remember seeing one for the 2nd gen IS.
ML (12 speaker)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-a...ew?usp=sharing

Standard (8 speaker)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-a...ew?usp=sharing

Quick Reply: IS 350 Non F-Sport Possible to Order Without The Nav?