Search this Thread

Old 10-13-15, 01:59 PM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Clear Bras (Xpel users)

Greetings Lexus community ...

I want to install a new PPF on my car and I have two choices which are :
1- Xpel Xtreme covering full hood/ fenders, mirrors, front pillars and partial roof >>> costs 800$.
2- Xpel Ultimate covering partial hood/fenders/roof, mirrors and front pillars >>> costs 535$ .

My car is a white IS350 previously I had llumar films installed and it was terrible, since it became yellow, matte colored and full of scratches in 6 months. Now I converted my luxury package IS350 to an F-Sport ( new OEM bumper and rims) I don't want to make the same mistake again...

Anyway please keep in mind I live in a country with severe weather conditions for clear bras such that it is hot weather 80% of the year, high humidity and sand storms. I'm not sure wether to go for the Xpel Xtreme full hood ( with full hood no obvious lines and yellowing less noticeable) or the Xpel ultimate which is the most resisting to yellowing + has self healing but the cut line will be noticeable when the car is dirty.

So what are your experiences with both films?

Last edited by AMNss; 10-13-15 at 04:33 PM.
Old 10-13-15, 02:27 PM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Ah the horror...

Old 10-13-15, 03:46 PM
Smitty17
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I initially did the partial hood and immediately regretted it. Few weeks later got the whole hood done with no regrets!! No lines as the edges are wrapped to underside of the hood.
Old 10-13-15, 04:11 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by AMNss
Greetings Lexus community ...

I want to install a new PPF on my car and I have two choices which are :
1- Xpel Xtreme covering full hood/ fenders, mirrors, front pillars and partial roof >>> costs 800$.
2- Xpel Ultimate covering partial hood/fenders/roof, mirrors and front pillars >>> costs 535$ .

My car is a white IS350 previously I had llumar films installed and it was terrible, since it became yellow, matte colored and full of scratches in 6 months. Now I converted my luxury package IS350 to an F-Sport ( new OEM bumper and rims) I don't want to make the same mistake again...

Anyway please keep in mind I live in a country with severe weather conditions for clear bras such that it is hot weather 80% of the year, high humidity and sand storms. I'm not sure wether to go for the Xpel Xtreme full hood ( with full hood no obvious lines and yellowing less noticeable) or the Xpel ultimate which is the most resisting to yellowing + has self healing but the downs side cut line will be noticeable when the car is dirty.

So what are your experiences with both films?
i have xpel ultimate with wrapped edges covering my entire front end. why won't your installer cover the areas listed as potentially being covered by xtreme with ultimate?
Old 10-13-15, 04:16 PM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by davyjordi
i have xpel ultimate with wrapped edges covering my entire front end. why won't your installer cover the areas listed as potentially being covered by xtreme with ultimate?
They can cover the whole area, but the cost will go up to 1350 $. The cost is too much for a clear bra knowing that I will replace the car in 1-2 year(s) period.
Old 10-13-15, 04:18 PM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Smitty17
I initially did the partial hood and immediately regretted it. Few weeks later got the whole hood done with no regrets!! No lines as the edges are wrapped to underside of the hood.
That what makes it a hard choice (full front vs better film)
Old 10-13-15, 05:54 PM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AMNss
That what makes it a hard choice (full front vs better film)
It's hard indeed!
I initially did a full hood coverage, but after 9 months of owning the car (I bought it), I decided to just cover the whole car.

It hurts at the beginning, because it costed me $$$$$$$$, but now that I think about it, it's definitely worth it, especially for someone who is planning to keep the car for a long time. No regrets at all.
Old 10-13-15, 06:09 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebirthing
It's hard indeed!
I initially did a full hood coverage, but after 9 months of owning the car (I bought it), I decided to just cover the whole car.

It hurts at the beginning, because it costed me $$$$$$$$, but now that I think about it, it's definitely worth it, especially for someone who is planning to keep the car for a long time. No regrets at all.
how much did it cost you?
Old 10-13-15, 06:47 PM
Jeremy1976
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If your going to replace the car in a year or two why even Xpel it?
Old 10-13-15, 06:54 PM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jeremy1976
If your going to replace the car in a year or two why even Xpel it?
The Xtreme actually costs the same as any other film. However the ultimate is actually the most expansive film.
Old 10-13-15, 07:00 PM
faisal11ir
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Man our enviroment is just harsh on those babies..my color started fading in a year and i did glass coating when I got it but it's a joke, recently I paid 5800 dirhams/ryals for 3M polish & 3M Scotchgard PPF for full front headlights+drls+bumper+full fenders+full hood+front wind shield pillars+1/4 roof+mirrors.

Totally worth it for the protection against chips/sand/heat and the consistent glossy new look.

If you do it over at 3M they will give you 5 years warranty and free washes/detailing for infinity time just great people to deal with.
Old 10-14-15, 07:40 AM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Dubai's weather is terrible, I was there three days ago...
Luckily your car is blue, so any brand of films would be fine as long as it is of a good quality.
Old 10-14-15, 10:01 AM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by davyjordi
how much did it cost you?
I'll just say... it's up in the thousands lol
Old 10-15-15, 03:16 PM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Just to update you...

I installed the Xpel Ultimate partial hood/fenders/roof + mirrors + pillars + doors edge. The decision became easy as all installers of the Xpel xtreme refused giving me a warranty covering yellowing except the Xpel ultimate installer!
Old 10-18-15, 06:43 AM
phungy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Off topic: Could we see more pics of the other beauty?

Quick Reply: Clear Bras (Xpel users)