IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Trunk Lip Review (Pictures)

Old 10-30-15, 05:27 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Passat774
Mine arrived today and color match is spot on.

Silver Lining Metallic 1J4

How are you guys installing it. With the supplied tape? Adding extra glue?
3m is supplied. No glue for me. I just used 3M adhesive promoter on the tape where it attaches to the spoiler. The 3M tapes stick to the trunk well without any promoter. Before you install it keep test fitting it while bending it to shape.

Last edited by 3ISRC; 10-30-15 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-30-15, 07:23 PM
ayotomy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need your rear diffuser
Old 10-31-15, 09:29 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Wish they made one in carbon fiber like the bmw's
Old 11-10-15, 08:11 PM
ichobu
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Passat774
Mine arrived today and color match is spot on.

Silver Lining Metallic 1J4

How are you guys installing it. With the supplied tape? Adding extra glue?
Mine just arrived today. I sanded the bottom of the spoiler to get rid of the over spray and for the tape to bind better. Then I heated up the spoiler and curved it so it's easier to install. Going to wait for a hot day to install it.
Old 11-10-15, 08:49 PM
seoulstar
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jkonquer
Wish they made one in carbon fiber like the bmw's
^This... My buddy has a white e92 with a cf one. Clean AF
Old 12-28-15, 04:56 PM
Passat774
Driver

thanks, i installed mine this weekend
Old 01-02-16, 09:25 AM
Makool
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hovik92
Hey everyone. I recently ordered a trunk lip on eBay (cheapest one) and decided to make a review to help everyone out.

THE PRODUCT:
The cheapest trunk lip I've seen for the 3IS and I love the look and for a $55 price tag for a painted trunk lip, I had to pull the trigger. Here is the link.

Painted 2015 for Lexus IS250 IS300 is350 4D Sedan Rear Trunk Lip Spoiler Wing | eBay

THE ORDER:
I ordered the trunk lip on September 28 and sent the seller a message with my car's color name and paint code. I was quoted an estimated delivery time of Oct. 21 - Oct. 29. I was very pleasantly surprised when I received a Fed-Ex package on Oct. 9. My trunk lip arrived packaged very professionally and carefully in order to not damage it. I opened the package and from first glance, knew it was great. The quality was 10/10 and the paint work was 10/10 too. Although the trunk lip is flexible, I flexed as far as possible and the paint remained perfect. The 3M double tape was included and there was even extra just in case you mess up putting it on.

INSTALLATION:
The first thing I did was pull my car out into the hot SoCal sun and let the trunk heat up to allow the double tape to stick better. I then Krazy Glued the 3M double tape to the trunk lip as the quality of the trunk lip would not allow the double tape to stick well to it. The double tape did stick extremely well to the trunk with no gluing required. I measured the placement and began slowly installing the flexible trunk spoiler from one end to the other. I slowly removed the double tape's backing as I went. The pamphlet included in my package recommended using a heat gun for installation but did not specify whether the heat gun was okay for painted trunk lips or non painted only. No heat was required and the trunk lip curved perfectly with the trunk. After installing, I gave the trunk lip a quick wax and was finished.

THE FINAL LOOK:

Here are a couple close up pictures of the paint match and quality.

Anyway, thanks for checking my review out and if you have questions or anything, shoot me a PM.

I AM NOT THE SELLER/MANUFACTURER OF THE TRUNK LIP AND HAVE NO RELATION TO THE SELLER/MANUFACTURER OF THE TRUNK LIP. Only trying to help out fellow CL users.
Thanks for the review, I ordered mine, just came yesterday in atomic silver, nice paint job easy to install, it gives a decent look to the car I like it thank you for the detailed review!!!
Old 01-27-16, 12:02 AM
jd93
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey everyone. I recently ordered a trunk lip on eBay (cheapest one) and decided to make a review to help everyone out.

THE PRODUCT:
The cheapest trunk lip I've seen for the 3IS and I love the look and for a $55 price tag for a painted trunk lip, I had to pull the trigger. Here is the link.

Painted 2015 for Lexus IS250 IS300 is350 4D Sedan Rear Trunk Lip Spoiler Wing | eBay

THE ORDER:
I ordered the trunk lip on September 28 and sent the seller a message with my car's color name and paint code. I was quoted an estimated delivery time of Oct. 21 - Oct. 29. I was very pleasantly surprised when I received a Fed-Ex package on Oct. 9. My trunk lip arrived packaged very professionally and carefully in order to not damage it. I opened the package and from first glance, knew it was great. The quality was 10/10 and the paint work was 10/10 too. Although the trunk lip is flexible, I flexed as far as possible and the paint remained perfect. The 3M double tape was included and there was even extra just in case you mess up putting it on.

INSTALLATION:
The first thing I did was pull my car out into the hot SoCal sun and let the trunk heat up to allow the double tape to stick better. I then Krazy Glued the 3M double tape to the trunk lip as the quality of the trunk lip would not allow the double tape to stick well to it. The double tape did stick extremely well to the trunk with no gluing required. I measured the placement and began slowly installing the flexible trunk spoiler from one end to the other. I slowly removed the double tape's backing as I went. The pamphlet included in my package recommended using a heat gun for installation but did not specify whether the heat gun was okay for painted trunk lips or non painted only. No heat was required and the trunk lip curved perfectly with the trunk. After installing, I gave the trunk lip a quick wax and was finished.

THE FINAL LOOK:

Anyway, thanks for checking my review out and if you have questions or anything, shoot me a PM.

I AM NOT THE SELLER/MANUFACTURER OF THE TRUNK LIP AND HAVE NO RELATION TO THE SELLER/MANUFACTURER OF THE TRUNK LIP. Only trying to help out fellow CL users.

Awesome, just ordered mine In the same colour. Thanks for the great review and pictures!
Old 02-10-16, 10:22 PM
jd93
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

THE PRODUCT:

THE ORDER:

INSTALLATION:

THE FINAL LOOK:

I just received mine and it is the wrong colour I sent them 1H9 for nebula grey pearl and received a pure silver lip... And it even has 1H9 written on the back of it
Old 02-21-16, 09:39 AM
sqlboy2000
Advanced

Received 398 Likes on 273 Posts

Can this lip survive an automatic car wash?
Old 02-25-16, 05:42 PM
i2fat
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this lip equivalent to the Aimgain one?
Old 02-29-16, 05:43 PM
i2fat
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by i2fat
Is this lip equivalent to the Aimgain one?
Bump to see if anyone has an answer
Old 02-29-16, 06:26 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks great! Love how it flows with the trunk!
Old 03-17-16, 01:23 PM
ISTORO
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default It's a good one!

THE PRODUCT:

THE ORDER:

INSTALLATION:

THE FINAL LOOK:

Thanks for the detailed review, pics and installation info. Took a chance and ordered from the same seller. Placed order on March 4th after sending email to the seller oem.thing to confirm they can paint color code 8X1 Ultrasonic Blue 2.0 Received the package today March 17th. Impressed with the quick turn around time, quality and color match. Will post better pics after actual install.

Last edited by ISTORO; 03-17-16 at 05:21 PM. Reason: sp
Old 03-27-16, 07:12 PM
sqlboy2000
Advanced

Received 398 Likes on 273 Posts

So this thing rules, here are my pics. But before I do that, many have asked about carbon fiber, and they do offer it in carbon fiber, it's just $100 more, so I ordered black and couldn't be happier. But here is the link you if you want the carbon fiber spoiler:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fiber...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Now my pics, love this thing and it survived an automatic car wash. Much easier to install than I thought as well, I didn't need a heat gun.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trunk Lip Review (Pictures)