Weathertech digi fit is250 awd

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-15, 05:17 AM
newToIs250
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weathertech digi fit is250 awd

Hi all

I am going to order the weather tech digi fit for the is250. I have the oem winter rubber mats that came with the car, but, no way will these oem mats keep Quebec snow from spiling over onto the side carpet. I would have ordered husky liners but those are not made for our model.

http://www.weathertech.ca/en/lexus/2...n/awd-y-n/yes/

In my second car i have husky liners and they completly cover the hump in the rear.

Question:

The rear weathertech mats is a 2 piece, what do you do to cover the hump On the floor of the rear seats of the is250/350?

Please let me know

And if you have the weathertech can you post pictures

Thank you all

Last edited by newToIs250; 10-12-15 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-12-15, 11:44 PM
psean
Driver School Candidate

Let me know how you like yours. Toronto winters ain''t any better than Quebec lol. I was looking into that as well
Old 10-13-15, 04:59 AM
Jeremy1976
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just ordered mine yesterday from Weather tech for my 14 350 awd f sport. I did some research and seems everyone loves them.
Old 10-13-15, 09:34 AM
Dizordered
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by newToIs250
Hi all

I am going to order the weather tech digi fit for the is250. I have the oem winter rubber mats that came with the car, but, no way will these oem mats keep Quebec snow from spiling over onto the side carpet. I would have ordered husky liners but those are not made for our model.

http://www.weathertech.ca/en/lexus/2...n/awd-y-n/yes/

In my second car i have husky liners and they completly cover the hump in the rear.

Question:

The rear weathertech mats is a 2 piece, what do you do to cover the hump On the floor of the rear seats of the is250/350?

Please let me know

And if you have the weathertech can you post pictures

Thank you all
I ordered mine too! Will post pictures when I get them. BTW, where are you planning to order them? I checked on Weathertech.ca and they're 248.90$ + tax. I found a place where they sell it 250$ tax in. I'm just curious to see if anyone can buy it cheaper than that!
Old 10-13-15, 06:41 PM
newToIs250
Driver

Originally Posted by Nguyen97
I ordered mine too! Will post pictures when I get them. BTW, where are you planning to order them? I checked on Weathertech.ca and they're 248.90$ + tax. I found a place where they sell it 250$ tax in. I'm just curious to see if anyone can buy it cheaper than that!

Hi

Im going to order them directly from weathertech. I didnt look around anywhere really

Im just concerned about the rear hump on the floor. I dont know how to cover this as the weathertech has 2 pieces in the rear

Where did u see them for 250$. If you dont mind me asking?
Thanks
Old 10-13-15, 08:36 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

There are some good photos in this post: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post8960681

I can attest to having these liners in 3 other vehicles and they are unbeatable in terms of fit and ease of maintenance.

The only downside with the IS, is that the throttle is hinged to the floor, so there is always some salt and slush that eventually makes it to the carpet. I usually clap my shoes together over the door sill after being seated to get most of the snow/mud off.

When I had these in my TSX, the rear liner covered the hump, but the transmission tunnel in the IS is so massive, this is impractical. It would make it very difficult to install and remove the liner for cleaning. I avoid having 3 passengers in the back anyway. It's not like the back is spacious in the IS.

WeatherTech's pricing is probably reflecting the low CAD right now. My account says I got them for $226.

Last edited by computerwi; 10-13-15 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-15-15, 06:25 AM
Dizordered
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by newToIs250
Hi

Im going to order them directly from weathertech. I didnt look around anywhere really

Im just concerned about the rear hump on the floor. I dont know how to cover this as the weathertech has 2 pieces in the rear

Where did u see them for 250$. If you dont mind me asking?
Thanks
I just got them yesterday! Fits perfectly... of course, they're WeatherTech! I bought them from Prospec Automotive, see link below:

http://www.prospecautomotive.com/

I purchased many things from this guy and everytime, it works out perfect! I bought mud flaps to LED wiring harness. Give him a call and ask! He also sells Husky Liners for real cheap apparently, but none in the IS model. He orders it twice a week and get them pretty fast! I called to order mine last Thursday evening and he received them yesterday! I picked it up yesterday night.

It's 250$ tax in! Worth saving the 15% tax! Give it a shot!
Old 10-17-15, 07:03 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

For those who are interested to see the fitting of the Weathertech FloorLiner DigialFit in the AWD version of 3IS, here are the pictures. They were taken after 1.5 years of usage including one Canadian winter.

Overall, I love these liners. There are only two weaknesses --- one is that it only partially covers the foot rest -- regular dirt is okay but not the slush in the winter. But I guess it is already a best effort from WeatherTech since if it fullly covers the foot rest, it could be impossible or difficult to take the liner out of the car since the parking brake is a bit getting in the way already.

Another weakness happens only for the front passenger side. The bottom edge (highlighted in red in one picture)

is not fully flushed and it is actually hindering the power cables under the seat in some condition. I usually solve this by pushing he bottom edge/flap down when moving the seat.

For the hump in the rear --- you can cover the area by some self-adhesive clear carpet tape designed for automobile application. Those tapes are commonly seen in dealership showrooms where some automakers (for sure VW is one of them) cover the carpets when they ship out the new cars to the dealerships.

Those tapes can stay on the carpet for a limited time. I bought this from Americover and they say it can be on the carpet for a maximum of 90 days -- I usually put a new tape every 1 -2 months during the winter and I don't use them in other seasons. So it is quite a low maintenance item.

http://www.americover.com/images_templ/link/ACC.pdf

Old 10-18-15, 01:05 AM
newToIs250
Driver

Originally Posted by AndyL
For those who are interested to see the fitting of the Weathertech FloorLiner DigialFit in the AWD version of 3IS, here are the pictures. They were taken after 1.5 years of usage including one Canadian winter.

Overall, I love these liners. There are only two weaknesses --- one is that it only partially covers the foot rest -- regular dirt is okay but not the slush in the winter. But I guess it is already a best effort from WeatherTech since if it fullly covers the foot rest, it could be impossible or difficult to take the liner out of the car since the parking brake is a bit getting in the way already.

Another weakness happens only for the front passenger side. The bottom edge (highlighted in red in one picture)

is not fully flushed and it is actually hindering the power cables under the seat in some condition. I usually solve this by pushing he bottom edge/flap down when moving the seat.

For the hump in the rear --- you can cover the area by some self-adhesive clear carpet tape designed for automobile application. Those tapes are commonly seen in dealership showrooms where some automakers (for sure VW is one of them) cover the carpets when they ship out the new cars to the dealerships.

Those tapes can stay on the carpet for a limited time. I bought this from Americover and they say it can be on the carpet for a maximum of 90 days -- I usually put a new tape every 1 -2 months during the winter and I don't use them in other seasons. So it is quite a low maintenance item.

http://www.americover.com/images_templ/link/ACC.pdf

These pictures and this info is very detailed and very informative. Thank you very much