IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

6000 miles and then... this happened.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-15, 03:28 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default 6000 miles and then... this happened.

CL community,

After 9 months and 6000 miles of enjoying my 2015 IS, some old man hits it and my honeymoon ends. Then, he has the nerves to open his old dirty mouth and throw curses at me when he was at fault I was and still am very disappointed and angry, but at least I am grateful to say that I was not hurt. The car is being fixed as I post this thread. Damage came up to $8500 - my $500 deductible. Got a new front wheel and passenger's side headlight included. At this point, I don't know if the car will look and feel the same when it's returned to me. I will keep you all updated.
Attached Thumbnails 6000 miles and then... this happened.-20150911_165549_resized.jpg   6000 miles and then... this happened.-20150911_165552_resized.jpg   6000 miles and then... this happened.-20150911_165555_resized.jpg  
Old 09-26-15, 03:31 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Default More pictures of damage

Pictures of the damage
Attached Thumbnails 6000 miles and then... this happened.-20150911_165602_resized.jpg   6000 miles and then... this happened.-20150911_165606_resized.jpg  
Old 09-26-15, 03:42 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

hey lexi I'm really sorry to hear about your car. if it gives you any consolation I'm the same way you are with your car. so careful with it and a detail freak. I think you commented on my previous post about how some lady hit me in a parking lot and drove away. worst day ever. ill be honest with you i was upset about it, really upset for the first couple of days. but after talking about it with my best friend and gf i felt better and just wanted the car back. took it to a great body shop, and honestly i completely forgot everything happened. there was no bondo used on my car at all and all new parts were put it. 7 grand in damage and she's beautiful again. trust me just give it time. i wanted to sell the car and just get rid of it. but that would just be a waste. i love the car again. and trust me so will you . hope this helps bud

the day i got her back
Attached Thumbnails 6000 miles and then... this happened.-img_0146.jpg   6000 miles and then... this happened.-img_0147.jpg  

Last edited by CobraGSF; 09-26-15 at 03:45 PM.
Old 09-26-15, 03:43 PM
PAPI007
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

That sucks Lexi, but with the right place fixing it, it should come out great! You had to pay a deductible and it wasn't your fault? I
Old 09-26-15, 04:09 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by shivad87
hey lexi I'm really sorry to hear about your car. if it gives you any consolation I'm the same way you are with your car. so careful with it and a detail freak. I think you commented on my previous post about how some lady hit me in a parking lot and drove away. worst day ever. ill be honest with you i was upset about it, really upset for the first couple of days. but after talking about it with my best friend and gf i felt better and just wanted the car back. took it to a great body shop, and honestly i completely forgot everything happened. there was no bondo used on my car at all and all new parts were put it. 7 grand in damage and she's beautiful again. trust me just give it time. i wanted to sell the car and just get rid of it. but that would just be a waste. i love the car again. and trust me so will you . hope this helps bud

the day i got her back
Man, you made my cry I was so upset and still am - just a bit My parents, on the other hand, said and still say "it's just a car; it can get fixed!" I took it to a top notch body shop in the area which is Volkswagen, Honda, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep Certified for Body Shop Repairs. That being said, I do hope that Lexi is back looking 200% like before! Can't wait to have her back! The struggle is real
Old 09-26-15, 04:10 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PAPI007
That sucks Lexi, but with the right place fixing it, it should come out great! You had to pay a deductible and it wasn't your fault? I
Yes, PAPI007! It sucks, and on top of it I have to come up with $500 deductible. My insurance claims I'll get it back from the other driver's insurance, but it can take some time! Just hoping that Lexi is looking great when she comes back!
Old 09-26-15, 04:16 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

aw man i definitely didn't mean to make you cry bro! but dw i definitely shed a tear too. my parents said the same thing, its just a car. but no one understands that the car had sentimental value. not everyone grasps. its alright though it'll be back good as new. keep on top of the shop and do not take the car back unless you are 100% satisfied. what helped me a lot was i put my joe z catback on after i got the car back and it certainly helped a lot haha
Old 09-26-15, 05:14 PM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

Sooooo sorry to see this. I thought that you had been missing lately.
I hope everything turns out great for you.
Old 09-26-15, 05:37 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by doodlebug
Sooooo sorry to see this. I thought that you had been missing lately.
I hope everything turns out great for you.
Thank you doodlebug! I've been busy at work, so I wasn't checking CL frequently.
Old 09-26-15, 07:58 PM
EdoApero
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I avoid at least 2 accidents a day driving here in LA... its ridiculous already got my car hit while it being parked. I'm sure a good body shop will get it fixed as if nothing ever happened
Old 09-26-15, 08:08 PM
Lexusfixer
Rookie

Make sure you get a 4 wheel alignment with it and check those suspension parts closely. So sad to see a beauty get tore up like that.
Old 09-26-15, 09:47 PM
Baopee
Pit Crew

i dont get it, why do you have to pay that 500 even though it would be returned later??? since old man was at fault, you should call his insurance and file a claim , you should never have to pay out of your own packet for someone else was at fault unless that person is uninsured.
Old 09-27-15, 06:20 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EdoApero
I avoid at least 2 accidents a day driving here in LA... its ridiculous already got my car hit while it being parked. I'm sure a good body shop will get it fixed as if nothing ever happened
I know, LA is crazy. My parents have been there! I want to be confident that this top-notch body shop will fix it right, but I'll make my final statement when I get the car back!
Old 09-27-15, 06:22 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexusfixer
Make sure you get a 4 wheel alignment with it and check those suspension parts closely. So sad to see a beauty get tore up like that.
Absolutely, Lexusfixer! It was included in the appraisal! I'll have my guy who did the Xpel inspect it at his shop as I will most likely end up lowering it when I bring it back to him to reinstall the Xpel in the front end. It's is so sad that I can't get over it
Old 09-27-15, 06:26 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Baopee
i dont get it, why do you have to pay that 500 even though it would be returned later??? since old man was at fault, you should call his insurance and file a claim , you should never have to pay out of your own packet for someone else was at fault unless that person is uninsured.
I know - I don't get it either! My father was involved in an accident a few months back and the other guy was at fault and took off. My father managed to take his plate number and called the police / insurance. In the end, he paid his $500 deductible as well. Weeks later, he got it back through his insurance! In my case, I didn't exchange words with the other man because he was upset and throwing curses. I just took a picture of his plate and sat in my car. I'm still waiting for the police report to see whether he was insured or not.

Quick Reply: 6000 miles and then... this happened.