IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

O2 sensor part number?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-15, 05:53 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts
Default O2 sensor part number?

Cannot seem to confirm the part number for the O2 sensor after the secondary cats. Long story, when I had my 14 IS350 I installed a JoeZ exhaust. Now I have a Mustang GT and I went to remove the JoeZ catback on it to discover I crossthreaded the drivers side sensor and it will not come out. For now the JoeZ midpipe is on with stock mufflers. Eventually I need to fully swap it out so thats where a new oxygen sensor comes in to fully return to stock. Then I will figure something out with the sensor stuck in the midpipe. I did some digging and I found a Toyota part number of 8946530730 that I believe maybe it. Just dont want to drop $150 and find out its not the right one. I wonder also if theres a less expensive option thats not toyota branded.

Visually it seems to match this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-13-IS250-IS350-2WD-Oxygen-Sensor-NEW-genuine-Lexus-OEM-89465-30730-/181622993536?hash=item2a4992f280&vxp=mtr
Old 09-26-15, 06:51 AM
LeapFrog
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Rear O2 Sensor part number is 89465-53300

And it is cheaper at mylparts.com - be sure to use the Club Lexus Discount code.

http://www.mylparts.com/parts/2014/L...&siteid=214992
Old 10-18-15, 01:24 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

to update this thread, that is the correct part number. I managed to find a used O2 sensor off a totaled 14 IS for half the price of a new one.

Here is how to remove the O2 sensor for anyone whos interested.
1) Remove the leather knee pad on the side of the center console. No screws
2) Remove the small piece of black trim thats holding the carpet that was under the knee pad. No screws
3) Remove the 3 screws holding the silver trim to the center console.
4) If on drivers side, remove the plastic carpet fastener near the top of the gas pedal.
5) Pulling the carpetting back will help you access the O2 sensor. There is a plug behind the carpet that goes to a green wire - the O2 sensor. Unplugs easily by pressing the tab on the top. There is a clip holding the green wire to a piece of plastic further down, comes off easily by prying it with your fingers. Pull the O2 sensor out from the bottom of the car. You can then use a O2 sensor socket to remove it from the midpipe.
6) If on drivers side, there is a panel at the bottom of the gas pedal, underneath the panel are two 10mm bolts, remove these to be able to lift the carpet higher to have better access for the drivers side O2 sensor.
7) From the bottom of the car you can fish the O2 sensor through the hole, you want to fish towards the center of the car towards the transmission tunnel. Have a buddy with their hand in the carpetting to grab the connector as your fish it. Very easy to get to. Did not have to use any fishing tools. Once connected reverse the steps to finish.
8) Steps are identical for the passenger side but there's less stuff to take apart.

Doing these extra steps took no longer than 30 min for both sensors. You can use these steps to replace a bad sensor, a crossthreaded one, or if you are concerned about cross threading an aftermarket exhaust install you can disconnected your O2 sensors and install them on the midpipe prior. It is much easier to thread the O2 sensors disconnected without the wires twisting against you.

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 10-19-15 at 08:23 AM.
Old 10-19-15, 02:01 AM
Ecko508
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually have a perfectly good o2 sensor if you need it? OEM with only 6k miles on it I'll give you a good deal if your interested. Came off my 14 is350
Old 10-19-15, 08:20 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

im good already thanks. The 14 IS exhaust has been restored to full stock. So now I have a catback JoeZ system with a stuck O2 sensor in it.
Old 10-21-15, 10:47 AM
jay90011
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
to update this thread, that is the correct part number. I managed to find a used O2 sensor off a totaled 14 IS for half the price of a new one.

2) Remove the small piece of black trim thats holding the carpet that was under the knee pad. No screws
4) If on drivers side, remove the plastic carpet fastener near the top of the gas pedal.
5) Pulling the carpetting back will help you access the O2 sensor. There is a plug behind the carpet that goes to a green wire - the O2 sensor. Unplugs easily by pressing the tab on the top. There is a clip holding the green wire to a piece of plastic further down, comes off easily by prying it with your fingers. Pull the O2 sensor out from the bottom of the car. You can then use a O2 sensor socket to remove it from the midpipe.
6) If on drivers side, there is a panel at the bottom of the gas pedal, underneath the panel are two 10mm bolts, remove these to be able to lift the carpet higher to have better access for the drivers side O2 sensor.
7) From the bottom of the car you can fish the O2 sensor through the hole, you want to fish towards the center of the car towards the transmission tunnel. Have a buddy with their hand in the carpetting to grab the connector as your fish it. Very easy to get to. Did not have to use any fishing tools. Once connected reverse the steps to finish.
8) Steps are identical for the passenger side but there's less stuff to take apart.

Doing these extra steps took no longer than 30 min for both sensors. You can use these steps to replace a bad sensor, a crossthreaded one, or if you are concerned about cross threading an aftermarket exhaust install you can disconnected your O2 sensors and install them on the midpipe prior. It is much easier to thread the O2 sensors disconnected without the wires twisting against you.
Thanks for the write up on this. I will be reinstalling my mid-pipe soon and was trying to figure out how to disconnect those two 02 sensors. This write up will help having to be careful not to twist those sensor wires.
Old 10-22-15, 01:38 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

the way I installed them before was to twist the wires counter clockwise so when i screwed the sensor in clockwise it would even out. But I think the added tension from the twisting may have contributed to the sensor getting cross threaded.
Old 05-09-18, 07:40 AM
CashGap
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen

THANKS...

Is it a 22mm O2 sensor? Just want to have the right cutaway deep socket.

And, on the passenger side, does this appear to be the correct connector? Just preplanning the job.

THANKS...

Last edited by CashGap; 05-09-18 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Add photo