IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

I think the dealer dinged my car...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-15, 06:03 AM
SceneAmati
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I think the dealer dinged my car...

Well,

Yesterday, I went to the dealer to take care of a tiny scratch or black mark, not sure what it was, but it wouldn't come off. So, they added some touch up paint and said they were going to wet sand it or something. I'm like, okay great!

When I got back into my car, I looked in my side view mirror (drivers side) and I see a tiny ding/dent right next to where the scratch was. Now, I am positive that this dent / ding wasn't there, but I went back to the dealer and the manager really did nothing and at first he didn't even see where it was. But, if you look at a certain angle, you can see it. Especially when it's out in the sun and you're looking at it from a certain angle. Not sure what I should do or should I even try and get it fixed because I feel like the ding/dent is so small that if they even try and pop it back out, it might just make it worse.

I guess I can live with it for now. I mean no one else notices it really except me. But, ahhh. I just feel like I'd be that annoying person making a big deal out of something that really isn't major. There isn't a scratch or crease persay, it just looks like someone pressed a little too hard on this part and there's an indentation. Actually if you run your finger over it, you can barely notice a difference in height, so I guess it isn't that bad.

I'll try and get a picture later this evening so you can all give me your opinion on what I should do. As a general location, it's near where the window is.
Old 09-22-15, 01:02 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts

Paintless Dent Repair. It should't cost much. I had two minor door dings, but enough to bother me. 75$ later and serviced at my garage, the dents were gone! Some dents are not meant to be popped out. Most PDR repair will require accessing the back of the dent and pushing it out. It really takes some experience and skill and I would let a professional do it.