IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

F-Sport 3IS Winter setup with 17in mags? Picture?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-15, 12:06 PM
newToIs250
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nguyen97
I’m guessing it would look the same as the F-Sport 18’s. That’s one of the reasons why I’m hesitating between 17’s and 18’s for the winter. As the pros and cons for using 18’s for the winter, the cons are taking over.

Pros (my reasons):
- Putting winter tires on original F-Sport 18’s keeps the same look as summer setup
- Since I’m leasing, I didn’t want to bother with a separate set of wheels for winter
- Due to laziness, handling tires only is easier than handling wheels+tires LOL

Cons (Lexus dealer’s reason):
- F-Sport 18” wheels might be damaged during winter driving
- Not many models of tires available with the staggered setup
o Got to find a brand that makes 255/35R18 AND 225/40R18 for winter tires
- If ever you get a flat during the winter, finding replacement might be difficult since those are almost “special” tires
o They told me that it had happened that they had to order from the states (we’re from Quebec)
- Such low profile winter tires aren’t very good winter tires compared to “normal” profile tires (don’t grip as much)

I know PMCTires do install TPMS for you when they mount the kit.

I went to see Lexus dealer 2 days ago regarding my winter setup. I asked them about 4 things!
- Remote starter
- Winter 17” wheels with tires
- Winter tires for F-Sport 18”
- WeatherTech floor mats

Long story short, Lexus don’t sell WeatherTech style floor mats. For remote starter, it’s 850$ +tx. But, when I told them I saw it on their website for about ~500$-600$ +tx, they told me that’s the short distance system and that Lexus has changed it. The short distance remote starter is from the original key fob. Since I’m always close to my car when I need to start it, that system would be perfect for me and luckily, they had ONE in stock. So I’m going to get it installed next Monday.

As for the winter 17’s, they offered this setup for 1850$ +tx:
- 17” RWC wheels (LX80 ANTHRACITE)
- Michelin X-Ice 3 - 225/45R17
- All 4 TPMS with mounting kit
- Installation

As for the winter 18’s, they offered this set for 1339.95$ +tx:
- Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4
- Installation

With the pictures I got from this thread, I’m now more towards the 17’s for winter… still hesitating, but less than last week!

Hello

Those LX80 ANTHRACITE are nice...17x7.5 offset 35
Does that offset stick out to much for winter?

Did you get them? did you go to the dealer to check them out?

Does the dealer have other options for that price?

Thanks in advance
Old 09-24-15, 12:42 PM
Dizordered
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by newToIs250
Hello

Those LX80 ANTHRACITE are nice...17x7.5 offset 35
Does that offset stick out to much for winter?

Did you get them? did you go to the dealer to check them out?

Does the dealer have other options for that price?

Thanks in advance
I don't know if the offset is too much, but they told me that it's tough to find a wheel that can fit with F-Sport brakes. They reassured me that those wheels will fit my IS. I didn't get them yet of course, we're still in September. But they told me to call and reserve them at the beginning of October. Apparently, it's new this year and they don't have any yet.

About other options, the package comes with Michelin X-Ice tires, but they can put other tires too. It will change the price though.
Old 09-26-15, 10:18 AM
newToIs250
Driver

I don't know if the offset is too much, but they told me that it's tough to find a wheel that can fit with F-Sport brakes. They reassured me that those wheels will fit my IS. I didn't get them yet of course, we're still in September. But they told me to call and reserve them at the beginning of October. Apparently, it's new this year and they don't have any yet.

About other options, the package comes with Michelin X-Ice tires, but they can put other tires too. It will change the price though.

Note

I called one of the dealers last week and they will match the prices for any tires as long as they get proof - all they need is the website from a quebec site

So ws80 tires 225/45/17 will be matched at 203$ per tire

Please to all

Update this thread with the size of the rim and offset and tires please

Thanks
Old 09-26-15, 10:40 AM
Answer
Instructor

Received 824 Likes on 403 Posts

I'm currently looking at some RTX Envy wheels. 17x7.5 +40. I think these should fit. I'll try to test fit them soon at a tire shop. Will report back.
Old 10-01-15, 10:09 AM
newToIs250
Driver

Originally Posted by Answer
I'm currently looking at some RTX Envy wheels. 17x7.5 +40. I think these should fit. I'll try to test fit them soon at a tire shop. Will report back.

Im keeping this thread alive...

Im still watching to see what people will get...as im close to getting (aftermarket) rims soon and want to see what others will get...I never knew buying rims was so hard
Old 10-01-15, 10:59 AM
Answer
Instructor

Received 824 Likes on 403 Posts

They should be ordered by tomorrow, so my guess is that next week, I'll be set on fitment.
Old 10-02-15, 07:05 PM
newToIs250
Driver

Originally Posted by Answer
They should be ordered by tomorrow, so my guess is that next week, I'll be set on fitment.
Thanks

Im still watching this thread to see what people get...as im close to getting (aftermarket) rims soon and want to see what others will get...I never knew buying rims was so hard

Lexus perfect fit rims

http://www.rwcwheels.com/en/site/collection/winter-wheels/lexus

You can get them at the dealer or anywhere else like pmctire for about 150$ each
Old 10-02-15, 07:48 PM
Dizordered
Driver

Thanks

Im still watching this thread to see what people get...as im close to getting (aftermarket) rims soon and want to see what others will get...I never knew buying rims was so hard

Lexus perfect fit rims

http://www.rwcwheels.com/en/site/col...r-wheels/lexus

You can get them at the dealer or anywhere else like pmctire for about 150$ each
Those are the ones I'm getting. I called and reserved my set at Lexus Laval. It comes with Michelin X-Ice3 with TPMS and installation for 1849.95$ + tax. But I will only install them around mid-November. I will post pictures once they're installed!

Ohh and they price-matched PMCTires' price for the set of wheels and tires! FYI
(saved about 60$... better than nothing!)
Old 10-03-15, 01:34 PM
newToIs250
Driver

Those are the ones I'm getting. I called and reserved my set at Lexus Laval. It comes with Michelin X-Ice3 with TPMS and installation for 1849.95$ + tax. But I will only install them around mid-November. I will post pictures once they're installed!

Yes i know this lexus laval. They will match the tire deals

Checkout pneusecono and pneusabasprix they have better prices than pmctire - the dealer will match the lower price

Muchelin xice3 are 202$ for 225/45/17 the dealer will match

Hey save yourself an extra 15$ per tire. Better in your pocket

Thanks
Old 10-03-15, 01:40 PM
Dizordered
Driver

Yes i know this lexus laval. They will match the tire deals

Checkout pneusecono and pneusabasprix they have better prices than pmctire - the dealer will match the lower price

Muchelin xice3 are 202$ for 225/45/17 the dealer will match

Hey save yourself an extra 15$ per tire. Better in your pocket

Thanks
Cool! I'll check those websites. One thing though, Lexus Laval told me that Michelin won't accept mail-in rebate for tires bought online. I tried price-matching tires from Pneu-à-Rabais and they told me that the mail-in rebate won't work.

For PMCTires, it will work because they are a real garage and not only sale tires online like Pneu-à-Rabais. I'll check out PneuEcono and PneuABasPrix.
Old 10-03-15, 05:30 PM
newToIs250
Driver

Cool! I'll check those websites. One thing though, Lexus Laval told me that Michelin won't accept mail-in rebate for tires bought online. I tried price-matching tires from Pneu-à-Rabais and they told me that the mail-in rebate won't work.

For PMCTires, it will work because they are a real garage and not only sale tires online like Pneu-à-Rabais. I'll check out PneuEcono and PneuABasPrix.

Here: http://www.pneusecono.com/produits/v...helin-xice-xi3

Also, PneusEcono quoted me 221$ for the Nokian Hakk... r2 225/45/17

The dealer is trying to see if they will match it, but this one is a little harder to match because the only proof is in the phone call

thanks
Old 10-03-15, 09:54 PM
Kov
Driver

Your Lexus dealership carry that rim brand or are they ordering them in for ya?
Old 10-04-15, 01:23 PM
newToIs250
Driver

Originally Posted by Kov
Your Lexus dealership carry that rim brand or are they ordering them in for ya?
I called the same dealer as the previous poster and they suggested the same brand as it is a perfect fit. No centering ring needed and these rims are ok with the lexus dealer as they are a perfect fit.

Fyi

I called another montreal dealer and they are offering the exact same rwc wheel brand. Only thing is the price difference
Thanks
Old 10-04-15, 01:53 PM
Dizordered
Driver

I called the same dealer as the previous poster and they suggested the same brand as it is a perfect fit. No centering ring needed and these rims are ok with the lexus dealer as they are a perfect fit.

Fyi

I called another montreal dealer and they are offering the exact same rwc wheel brand. Only thing is the price difference
Thanks
Really? Price difference? How much? I honestly didn't shop between Lexus Dealers, but only online... hmmm, maybe something to consider! Please let me know!
Old 10-04-15, 02:25 PM
newToIs250
Driver

Really? Price difference? How much? I honestly didn't shop between Lexus Dealers, but only online... hmmm, maybe something to consider! Please let me know!

Yes, what i meant was that the laval dealer has competitive price to those online...$18xx.00 + tax for michelin xice3 + tpms + RWC wheels + install

I called another lexus dealer...RWCwheels (dont remember which ones but there are about 5 to pick @ $225 each) + tpms + Nokian R2 + installation + nitrogen=$22xx+tx (about a 400$ difference but with Nokian instead of michelin - the rims are costly here)

Im waiting on another quote from another dealer....lol

Im thinking the Laval dealer is very competitive to prices online...maybe 10% more than online package...

Other Dealers were not even in the same ballpark...

Quick Reply: F-Sport 3IS Winter setup with 17in mags? Picture?