IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

touch up paint for ultra white IS350 F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-15, 03:51 PM
GiN4tHeWiN
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default touch up paint for ultra white IS350 F Sport

Sad to say, but scratched my 4 month old new (is it still considered new after 4 months?) car over the weekend backing into a tight garage spot.. got a little too accustomed to using the rearview cam instead of my mirrors

anywho, not as bad as it could've been, but definitely noticeable.. friend offered to help buff it out and use touch up paint to fix it.

were we supposed to receive a free bottle of touch up paint when you buy your car new from dealership? when my cousin bought his new honda accord a few years back, they included a small bottle of touch up paint in the trunk of his car. just wondering if anyone else did. and if not, does anyone know where i would get touch up paint in ultra white that would match the rest of the body?

let me know, i want to get this fixed asap. thanks!
Old 08-31-15, 04:09 PM
SummerRain
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I already had rock chip on my front bumper (1 month old). Not noticeable unless I am kissing my bumper. However, I haven't received any touch up paint from the dealer the day I purchased it.
Old 08-31-15, 04:14 PM
GiN4tHeWiN
Driver School Candidate

Anyone know if the dealer sells it, or if i can order it somewhere online for cheaper?
Old 08-31-15, 04:38 PM
Kov
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Code for Ultra White color is 083 - dealer calls it 2 stage paint (base coat first then Ultra White) so it might need to be 2 different bottles.

Order directly through dealership is the safest way.
Old 08-31-15, 04:38 PM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

I'm sure you can order it from the dealer. But, there are many people that swear by Dr. Colorchip. Check it out and see if it's something that will work for you.
Old 08-31-15, 06:23 PM
Carbonite
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tricoat

It's a 3 stage paint consisting of the white base, the glass flake and then a clear coat. I purchased a pen set from amazon by ColorRite that has worked out okay.
Old 09-01-15, 12:46 AM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts

I bought this and it's good stuff. He will provide you three pens for the three stage. I was able to touch up my chips and they matched the car really good.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-US
Old 09-01-15, 07:44 AM
Baopee
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used Dr."color"chip on my jet black M3, I was happy with the result and it was a lot easier to apply than OEM touch up paint tubes/ brushes

Last edited by Baopee; 09-01-15 at 07:55 AM.
Old 09-01-15, 07:51 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

I think the previous post is talking about this: https://www.drcolorchip.com/
Although a little pricey, I have used it and it works and looks great.
Old 09-01-15, 10:13 AM
GiN4tHeWiN
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all your replies, guys. here's what it looks like... anyone have any recommendations on how to go about this? would i just clean/wash the surface and start coloring in the non white spots? or would there be more to it.. just by feeling with my hand, it seems like it's just surface / paint damage.. sorry if i sound like a noob haha

Also had a question before I order the paint.. when I bought my car, the color description said it was "ultra white", but a few of these touchup paint websites only list "white nova gf pearl" for the 2015 IS; it's also color code 083... are these two the same thing? i assume there would only be one type of white for the IS 250/350 F sport..
Old 09-01-15, 12:10 PM
Maikerusan
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Yesterday picked up a Lexus paint pen for $15.00 Canadian from my dealership. One side of the pen is the color side (Matadaor Red in my case) and the other side is clear coat. Parts guy even spent some time with me advising how best to use it.

I had phoned them before driving in and they had 2 pens in my particular paint code.

Seems easier to try the dealership first as it's hardly a large expense and if it does not work try a more expensive product. Surely Lexus knows their own colors and would be my first choice.

Dr. Colorchip does not and will not ship to Canada. Apparently they used to sell their product on line to Canada but it was all recalled as did not meet some kind of labeling/hazmat laws in Canada.
Old 09-01-15, 12:18 PM
Stevent
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GiN4tHeWiN
Thanks for all your replies, guys. here's what it looks like... anyone have any recommendations on how to go about this? would i just clean/wash the surface and start coloring in the non white spots? or would there be more to it.. just by feeling with my hand, it seems like it's just surface / paint damage.. sorry if i sound like a noob haha

Also had a question before I order the paint.. when I bought my car, the color description said it was "ultra white", but a few of these touchup paint websites only list "white nova gf pearl" for the 2015 IS; it's also color code 083... are these two the same thing? i assume there would only be one type of white for the IS 250/350 F sport..
Ouch! There are YouTube videos on how to apply touch up paint. You can also get mud guards on eBay to try covering the damage.
Old 09-02-15, 10:15 AM
anamynous
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Unfortunately, after seeing this post yesterday, a piece of tire flew at me this morning on the highway and hit the corner of my car. Left some nasty gashes on one of my splitters. I think I will try out Dr. Colorchip since a lot of people are saying it works well. And after watching this demonstration video on their website, I only hope it works as well as it's shown.

Old 09-03-15, 11:42 PM
blksolara
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

How did it turn out?
Old 09-04-15, 02:06 AM
weirdone
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The scratch looks easily repairable with a touch up paint. You can do it!

Quick Reply: touch up paint for ultra white IS350 F Sport