IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Traded in my IS350 F Sport...here's why

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-15, 01:20 PM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

5 pages, and still no mention of what he traded it in for.

Me thinks OP might be afraid that we are going to point out the flaws of what he got next
Old 09-03-15, 03:12 PM
Phunkypnut
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by anthonys2r
5 pages, and still no mention of what he traded it in for.

Me thinks OP might be afraid that we are going to point out the flaws of what he got next
I think you nailed it!
Old 09-03-15, 04:20 PM
livinitup7
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phunkypnut
I think you nailed it!
Why bother? I'll just have every Lexus defender in here pulling article upon article defending their car vs car X instead of talking about the IS itself.
Old 09-03-15, 04:22 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts
Default Traded in my IS350 F Sport...here's why

Originally Posted by livinitup7
Why bother? I'll just have every Lexus defender in here pulling article upon article defending their car vs car X instead of talking about the IS itself.
The only car in that class I would consider better is the 335. It's just way too expensive though. I would have waited for the new Infiniti Q60 with the twin turbo though.
Old 09-03-15, 05:01 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

no. when that guy traded in his 3IS for an audi s5, people largely congratulated him on the purchase and moved on. you're dragging this out for your own entertainment and forum members are falling for it.

the thread needs to be locked.
Old 09-03-15, 06:59 PM
Passat774
Driver

maybe he got a camry?
Old 09-03-15, 09:04 PM
livinitup7
Rookie

Originally Posted by davyjordi
no. when that guy traded in his 3IS for an audi s5, people largely congratulated him on the purchase and moved on. you're dragging this out for your own entertainment and forum members are falling for it.

the thread needs to be locked.
That's a 60k car bud. Not even in the same ballpark...
Old 09-03-15, 10:02 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

That's a 60k car bud. Not even in the same ballpark...
doesn't matter what it was. it could have been a mazda3 or a mclaren p1, as long as the owner loved the new car, the community is generally accepting but it seems as though you're out to incite -- your use of smilies, e.g., , and sarcastic responses aren't helping.

anyhow, i'm done because i'm not going to feed what seems to be a wanting for discordance.
Old 09-03-15, 10:09 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts

How is this thread is still going? Man just move on congrats on your next car. I'll send you a box of cookies for all your troubles with the IS.
Old 09-04-15, 08:16 AM
livinitup7
Rookie

Originally Posted by 3ISRC
How is this thread is still going? Man just move on congrats on your next car. I'll send you a box of cookies for all your troubles with the IS.
Because people keep posting in it, that's how a forum goes. And I'll take you up on the cookies.
Old 09-05-15, 03:20 PM
dizlex
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by nixx621
I totally agree with you when it comes to the ridiculousness of sport mode. I came from a 2008 IS350 and I sincerely miss the everyday throttle response and 6 speed on that car. My 2015 is an embarrassment when it comes to that (unless I want to switch it to sport mode every time I start the car). Otherwise I'm happy with the car. I leased mine for 2 years so I'm hoping the IS300t will be out and take care of the responsiveness issue when it's time for an upgrade.

Good luck with your new car!
The "normal" mode is really not much different than eco mode. They screwed that up, IMO. "Normal" mode should not up-shift so aggressively.
Old 09-05-15, 11:30 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 3IS or 2IS...

I pulled my wife's '14 IS out of the garage today for a quick trip to Jersey Mike's for some grub.

About 40 feet out, I changed my mind, pulled it back in the garage and climbed in my F. My wife hears me light it and comes out to ask why I wasn't driving her car. I told her I needed to drive something a little faster. She wondered aloud why I didn't get in one of the 'old Chevrolet's' in the other garage, "a couple of hard burn outs and you will be good for a while". She definitely knows me.

Anyway, I only get in her car about once a week. I still like driving it (she still loves it), and nothing really bugs me about it other than it is slow. Our daughter's '06 IS350 runs and drives good, but technologically I don't feel it, or my F is a better car than the '14.

It all comes down to personal preference. I love my F and would never trade it for a 3IS. My wife loves her car and would be mortified to have to DD a rough riding, noisy F!
Old 09-09-15, 02:06 PM
Roffles
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalISF
I pulled my wife's '14 IS out of the garage today for a quick trip to Jersey Mike's for some grub.

About 40 feet out, I changed my mind, pulled it back in the garage and climbed in my F. My wife hears me light it and comes out to ask why I wasn't driving her car. I told her I needed to drive something a little faster. She wondered aloud why I didn't get in one of the 'old Chevrolet's' in the other garage, "a couple of hard burn outs and you will be good for a while". She definitely knows me.

Anyway, I only get in her car about once a week. I still like driving it (she still loves it), and nothing really bugs me about it other than it is slow. Our daughter's '06 IS350 runs and drives good, but technologically I don't feel it, or my F is a better car than the '14.

It all comes down to personal preference. I love my F and would never trade it for a 3IS. My wife loves her car and would be mortified to have to DD a rough riding, noisy F!
As a former 2011 IS-F owner, I say Lexus should have tuned the new F-sport for ~55 more horsepower (just give me back half of the 110 horsepower I forfeited!), add a rear limited slip differential, and included OEM ultra high performance summer tire such as the Pilot Super Sports. Then it would have been close enough to the best of both worlds. I don't know why the OP was being fickle with his petty complaints when what this car really needed was a power bump from 2nd gen to 3rd gen.

I
Old 09-09-15, 02:39 PM
cp2
Racer

Received 326 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by Roffles
I don't know why the OP was being fickle with his petty complaints when what this car really needed was a power bump from 2nd gen to 3rd gen.

maybe because those petty complaints are what bothered him enough to move on. what I don't understand is why ppl question other ppl's likes and dislikes. as stated earlier, everyone is going to have different wants and needs for this vehicle.
Old 09-09-15, 03:37 PM
rex2lex
Rookie

I didn't see the nav in previous models, but it works fine in my 2015. It looks fine and is smooth and easy to use with lots of useful info.

Not sure what the ipod issue was, but really who uses an ipod anymore. Put music on your cell phone & play thru blutooth. That way you don't have to leave a device in the car or carry an extra device with you.

My bluethooth works perfect. if you had issues it was probably your phone, maybe running Bluetooth 3 instead of version 4.

I agree normal mode does not seem like it accelerates as fast, but by giving the driver options the car will fit a wider audience. Some people don't want acceleration. Some people drive their Lexus in normal mode all the time because they don't care about performance. I'd rather see more options, even if I don't use them, than less options.

Small screen.... yes I agree, I'm sure the decision on the size was a $$ thing for Toyota / Lexus. But it's fine for me, how much are you really looking at it while driving anyway.

I like the center console layout and don't care about drink holders because no food or drinks or smoking are allowed in my 50,000 dollar car. And even if I did allow a drink my seat is back far enough where I can get the center cup holder just fine.

The 15's can remote start with the Enform app or you can buy a physical remote from the dealer. With the enform app there is no range at all for remote start. If the 14's don't have the Enform app and remote start, then ya you guys got ripped off.

Memory seats are available in a different package. No car manufacturer puts all available options together, they are always bundled in different packages. That said, I think you could buy the memory seat option separate, the harness and hardware is probably already there.

The LFA gauge cluster is the best I've ever seen in a car. When people get in my car for the first time, they always notice the gauges first and love how it moves and shows more info. I move it all the time, probably 9 out of 10 times I drive the car. I usually drive with my left hand at the top of the steering wheel and when the guage is in the middle I can't see it, so I move it and I can now see it perfectly. I like the fact that the extra info is bigger when you move it and that you can put the music on the gauge cluster too. When i'm using the nav I leave it full screen and put the music on the gauge cluster. Very handy.

Sound system is fine for me.

Sunglass holder?.......... I keep my $250 prescription Oakley sunglasses in a case, which I then put in the door storage area. No need for a holder, use a case.

But after all that said........ I understand how not every car is for every person. Hopefully you'll find the one that fits you right.

Quick Reply: Traded in my IS350 F Sport...here's why