IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

What is wrong with people?! Someone hit my IS350 F-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-15, 09:23 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Default My baby is back!

just like the title states she's back!! after almost two week she's ready to drive again. thank you to everyone who replied. i figured you guys would want to see how it turned out. I am happy with the job.. . honestly there are some things I'm a little agitated at, but honestly i felt that this body shop did the best they could. they were really nice and thorough and i can tell they showed extra care to the car with me being and picky and OCD about it as i am.
1) noticed some small debris caught in the clear coat..sigh. but you have to literally put your face up to the car to see that lol.
2) i feel like the aligning of the panel could have been a little tighter but comparing it to the other side it seems pretty even. just me being ocd again.
3) noticed condensation in my headlights now this is a bit of an issue. you think i could get it replaced under dealer warranty? on the same side the car was hit. maybe she cracked the seal. instead of going through the body shop and having them fix it, id rather just go and get a new one.
4) weather and traffic not working again.. -_-. this ones really irritating. the only reason i was where i was when i got hit was i had just come from the dealer to update the software to remedy this issue, and now its not working again, kinda like a slap in the face. gonna have some choice words for them about that for sure. please tell me what you guys think! thanks for reading
Attached Thumbnails What is wrong with people?! Someone hit my IS350 F-Sport-img_0146.jpg   What is wrong with people?! Someone hit my IS350 F-Sport-img_0147.jpg   What is wrong with people?! Someone hit my IS350 F-Sport-img_0148.jpg   What is wrong with people?! Someone hit my IS350 F-Sport-img_0149.jpg  
Old 09-26-15, 05:57 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by shivad87
just like the title states she's back!! after almost two week she's ready to drive again. thank you to everyone who replied. i figured you guys would want to see how it turned out. I am happy with the job.. . honestly there are some things I'm a little agitated at, but honestly i felt that this body shop did the best they could. they were really nice and thorough and i can tell they showed extra care to the car with me being and picky and OCD about it as i am.
1) noticed some small debris caught in the clear coat..sigh. but you have to literally put your face up to the car to see that lol.
2) i feel like the aligning of the panel could have been a little tighter but comparing it to the other side it seems pretty even. just me being ocd again.
3) noticed condensation in my headlights now this is a bit of an issue. you think i could get it replaced under dealer warranty? on the same side the car was hit. maybe she cracked the seal. instead of going through the body shop and having them fix it, id rather just go and get a new one.
4) weather and traffic not working again.. -_-. this ones really irritating. the only reason i was where i was when i got hit was i had just come from the dealer to update the software to remedy this issue, and now its not working again, kinda like a slap in the face. gonna have some choice words for them about that for sure. please tell me what you guys think! thanks for reading
Found your thread! In my case, my insurance included a brand new headlight because when they looked at the car the headlight had a little dent / crack. You should tell them (your insurance), if it's not too late! Otherwise, take it to Lexus and have them replace it under warranty. My friend did it with his 2015 Maxima and they took care of him!
Old 09-26-15, 07:30 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

hey lexi! yeah i actually did get the headlight replaced under warranty by the dealer no questions asked. i was worried that when they removed the front bumper they would notice the car was in an accident. like i said, my body shop did an amazing job, the dealer didn't tell me anything. so i got a new headlight and they updated my software and now my traffic and weather are working. i actually aligned my own front bumper so it looks better. so 3/4 issues were fixed. when the paint cures ill probably pay someone to wet sand and polish out the imperfections in the clear coat, and voila! brand new again lol