IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

What to look for in a used is 350 f sport?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-15, 03:28 PM
grammo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to look for in a used is 350 f sport?

I've searched, and can't find anything completely relevant, so figured I'd ask.

I'm going to (hopefully) purchase a 2014 350 f sport on Saturday, but I haven't seen the car yet. It's got a clean carfax and auto check, but no service records on either. The salesman says there are none with the car either. I understand a lot if services don't get reported as I do all my own service too.

Car's got 20k miles on it and is a lease turn in. Coming from Acura products, I'm wondering if there's anything I should take a close look at in particular on l/t products. I can already tell by the pictures the tires need replacing.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-12-15, 06:56 PM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Considering that first 2 services are free from Lexus you should see if the dealership has any service info for the car nor carfax related. Nothing particular sticks out on these cars to look out for though, just watch for the normal signs of wear and other things
Old 08-12-15, 08:21 PM
chyeea03
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're a bit picky, you can keep an eye out for the front two seats. There was a thread on here a while ago about there being a crease where your butt would be.. Cosmetic but still may bug you if you spend so much money on a car and it already has this cosmetic problem not even 2 years in.

Seat thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...e-problem.html

Maybe also test out the navigation to see if it's slow; there's a fix but just make sure software has already been updated so you don't have to deal with the headache of bringing it back to the dealer.

Navigation: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-resolved.html

This particular vehicle isn't CPO'd from the dealership?
Old 08-12-15, 08:35 PM
gregerst
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I recently picked up a 14 350 f sport. As already mentioned if the infotainment system is slow the latest update from the dealer should fix it. It did for me anyway. What I didn't expect was the ticking noise from these engines. Sounds a bit like a diesel. But that's just the direct injection. Sorta bothered me a first but I'm used to it now.
Old 08-13-15, 08:42 AM
grammo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chyeea03
If you're a bit picky, you can keep an eye out for the front two seats. There was a thread on here a while ago about there being a crease where your butt would be.. Cosmetic but still may bug you if you spend so much money on a car and it already has this cosmetic problem not even 2 years in.

Seat thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...e-problem.html

Maybe also test out the navigation to see if it's slow; there's a fix but just make sure software has already been updated so you don't have to deal with the headache of bringing it back to the dealer.

Navigation: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-resolved.html

This particular vehicle isn't CPO'd from the dealership?
Not certified from a lexus dealer anyway. Was a trade in at a Jeep dealer, and they have this in the ad:

CERTIFIED! * Q-Certified for up to 2 years and 100,000 mile warranty * Rental Reimbursement * 128 point inspection *
I will definitely check those 2 issues. Thanks!
Old 08-13-15, 09:12 AM
xWildBillx
Driver School Candidate

You should be able to get the service history yourself from lexusdrivers.com. Create an account, log in and add the car to your cars with the VIN, then select service history. Any service done by Lexus will appear here. You can do this for any car your are interested in as long as you have the VIN number.
Old 08-13-15, 10:12 AM
Snowrydr01
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check the inside shoulder of the front tires.

when i bought mine it was noted that the tread was good but i needed tires 5k miles later. I was planning on getting new tires anyway since the OEM ones arent that good but it was a cost i wasnt expecting.
Old 08-13-15, 02:23 PM
Sexis350
Pole Position

Make sure it has vgrs
Old 08-13-15, 03:03 PM
sdotk
Pole Position

How much are you paying?