IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Car Wipers is SLOW... VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-15, 03:07 PM
tomtendo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoiteTrom
You are correct, that is the fastest the wipers will go... when in park. When you are driving on the road, depending on how fast you are going, the windshield wipers will go faster. At least, that's how it works for me. When I'm on the highway in heavy rain at 40 mph, the rain hits my windshield faster so the wipers automatically swings faster.
The speed in park is the same on the road. Trust me... We've had a very wet weekend and I've seen it in action.
Old 07-27-15, 03:22 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtendo
The speed in park is the same on the road. Trust me... We've had a very wet weekend and I've seen it in action.
I guess the only option is to get it checked out? I know it works for me, and I know there is a thread mentioning the faster speed windshield wipers. Best of luck!
Old 07-27-15, 07:25 PM
toeknee88
Driver School Candidate

i think the reason why it is slow is because there is no water for it to wipe off. There is probably too much friction for it to move any faster.
Old 07-27-15, 11:41 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtendo
Did you look at the vid? Are yours this slow on "high"
Yes, I did watch your vid. Indeed it is really slow for any cars if it is the highest setting. Mine is not like that but again since I have the rain-sensing wiper, I seldom manually set the wiper to the highest setting. And I do have rain repellant coating on all my windshields and windows.

Definitely take the issue to your dealership.
Old 07-29-15, 05:26 PM
LexSense
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

As others have mentioned, definitely not normal - bring it to the dealer if you haven't already.

The speed sensing wipers are really only noticeable like in the 2nd stage pull down and you come to a stop, the wipers start wiping slower. As you go past 10mph (if i recall) then they go back to normal speed. So it's more of a gimmick between normal speed at that stage and slower at that stage when near a stop, pretty useless IMO.
Old 07-29-15, 05:28 PM
tomtendo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexSense
As others have mentioned, definitely not normal - bring it to the dealer if you haven't already.

The speed sensing wipers are really only noticeable like in the 2nd stage pull down and you come to a stop, the wipers start wiping slower. As you go past 10mph (if i recall) then they go back to normal speed. So it's more of a gimmick between normal speed at that stage and slower at that stage when near a stop, pretty useless IMO.
Yeah, perhaps I'll call them tomorrow and set up an appointment.

We've had a lot of rain in FL this past week and heavy at times... even on "high" it was pretty hard to see out of, especially compared to my old infiniti and my wives car now.