Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

3IS F Sport Springs

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-15, 06:40 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by shivad87
rex2lex keep us updated. I'm in new york as well! which dealership did you speak to? just curious because if it works out with you ill get my springs from there too. I'm in NYC
+1

Originally Posted by rex2lex
I'm in western NY, in the middle of nowhere, in between Rochester and Buffalo. We have corn, cows, and wide open roads here. The dealer is Dorschel Lexus, in Rochester. Soon as I hear back from them I'll let you know.
I will be interested in finding out whether this will fit an AWD. I will lower mine soon and I am trying to decide between RSR Downs or F-Sports. Thanks
Old 09-28-15, 02:37 AM
faisal11ir
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lexi90
+1

I will be interested in finding out whether this will fit an AWD. I will lower mine soon and I am trying to decide between RSR Downs or F-Sports. Thanks
Get swifts you won't regret it, I've tried fsports and they're harsh/subtle not worth it
Old 09-29-15, 06:18 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by faisal11ir
Get swifts you won't regret it, I've tried fsports and they're harsh/subtle not worth it
For an AWD, though?? Do they make them for AWD?
Old 09-29-15, 06:24 PM
albertgoq
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on this I had them on my 2IS and they were so harsh even with f-sport shocks I had to switch to swiftsprings, how does it feel in the 3IS

Originally Posted by faisal11ir
It looks good on day 3

But how is the ride on them? They were soo hard and harsh on my 2IS never liked them...
Old 09-29-15, 07:16 PM
rex2lex
Rookie

It was posted in this thread that the 3IS fsport springs feel the same as stock. My dealer also told me they are different from the 2IS springs (but didn't say what that difference was). I'm not concerned about the ride being stiffer if it is, that's one reason I lower, not just for looks. I drive around in sport+ all the time and that feels a bit soft to me sometimes. I'd welcome a little harshness / stiffness. Since I live in the country, a stiffer ride on the twisty back roads would be nice. Using two lanes to carve turns and doing 100 mph is a daily event for me. If you live in the city I could see how a harsher stiffer ride might not be ideal. And if my passengers don't like it, I give them the standard response...... if you don't like it, drive your own car.

I'm still waiting to find out if the Fsports will fit awd. I'll call tomorrow if they don't call me. If they fit and I get them, I'll post a full review to help others decide. I can't get anything except Lexus approved accessories because I'm leasing my car.

Last edited by rex2lex; 09-29-15 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-01-15, 11:40 AM
LexoDAV
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i have a set that i bought from my workplace. 220 + tax, i will do a detailed review on it, not on looks but mainly on stability and performance. stay tuned
Old 10-01-15, 12:14 PM
cp2
Racer

Received 326 Likes on 195 Posts

if possible, can you please take pictures of the f sport springs to the stock springs for height comparison? thanks in advance
Old 10-02-15, 05:01 PM
rex2lex
Rookie

I heard back from the dealer today. They spoke with Lexus, but they didn't have any other info to offer. Lexus had the same info as the dealer that says the FSport springs are for 2wd vehicles (but they also didn't have info saying they won't fit awd). So we really don't know. Lexus did say they'd try to get more info for the dealer if they can.

So with that info I decided to contact RS-R and ask why their RS-R Down springs for 2014+ IS350 have a RWD and AWD version. I also asked if the RWD would fit the AWD because if the RS-R were interchangeable I imagine the F Sports would be. They said that their RWD and AWD springs are completely different and they don't recommend installing RWD springs in an AWD because they haven't tested that setup and have no idea if they'd fit or what kind of drop you'd get. So idk, RS-R has two versions for a reason, so I can only assume the RWD Fsport springs won't work or may not work correctly on an AWD.
Old 10-02-15, 05:28 PM
dizlex
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rex2lex
So with that info I decided to contact RS-R and ask why their RS-R Down springs for 2014+ IS350 have a RWD and AWD version. I also asked if the RWD would fit the AWD because if the RS-R were interchangeable I imagine the F Sports would be. They said that their RWD and AWD springs are completely different and they don't recommend installing RWD springs in an AWD because they haven't tested that setup and have no idea if they'd fit or what kind of drop you'd get. So idk, RS-R has two versions for a reason, so I can only assume the RWD Fsport springs won't work or may not work correctly on an AWD.
Interesting. Does anyone have the info on the stock springs, if they are different between RWD and AWD?
Old 03-19-16, 04:13 PM
leo877
Pole Position

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Installed mine today

I installes the lowered springs today at lexus dealer. I dont notice anything at the front but the back is definitely lowered. Also I did alignment right after the springs installed. I am wondering do I need to do alignment again after they settled? The picture with the measurement tape was taken before the installation. And the alignment sheet

after that.

Old 04-18-16, 11:10 PM
leo877
Pole Position

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

My whip right now after a month. The springs have settled.
Old 04-19-16, 04:34 PM
Answer
Instructor

Received 826 Likes on 404 Posts

Sucks they are not available in Canada! And the fact that nobody knows if they fit the AWD version!
Old 07-07-16, 01:53 PM
flexspace
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by leo877
My whip right now after a month. The springs have settled.
Looks good! Did you have the alignment done under factory warranty (1 year, 20k miles)?

It appears it's somewhat of a grey area since it's a factory part, but it didn't come that way for the factory.
Old 07-09-16, 05:04 PM
Mrg02d
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

So how much better skid pad and figure eights performance can these springs achieve? Lowering does look a bit less "jacked up" huh?
Old 08-05-16, 09:21 AM
s13charles
Driver School Candidate

Bump waiting on some pics!

Quick Reply: 3IS F Sport Springs