Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

3IS F Sport Springs

Old 08-01-15, 11:00 AM
gvan1998
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been noticing noise from the rear right suspension area every time I go over small bumps. Sound like metallic clunk noise, like something is loose. Do anybody whats the cause of this sound?
Old 08-01-15, 01:41 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by gvan1998
I have been noticing noise from the rear right suspension area every time I go over small bumps. Sound like metallic clunk noise, like something is loose. Do anybody whats the cause of this sound?
I would jack it up and inspect it. See if the spring is seated properly and check for any loose parts.
Old 08-02-15, 09:32 AM
albertgoq
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

might be coils hitting each other since rear springs are progressive you would need those spring rubber insulators to fit on the dead coils or the coils hitting each other
Old 08-02-15, 10:04 AM
gvan1998
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by albertgoq
might be coils hitting each other since rear springs are progressive you would need those spring rubber insulators to fit on the dead coils or the coils hitting each other
Yea, that's what my mechanic said too after he re-inspected. He said the sound will be gone in a week, but its still there after a week.

Rubber insulators did not come with the springs, do you buy them separately?
Old 08-02-15, 08:37 PM
albertgoq
Pole Position

Yea, that's what my mechanic said too after he re-inspected. He said the sound will be gone in a week, but its still there after a week.

Rubber insulators did not come with the springs, do you buy them separately?

yeah thats true I had f-sport on my 2IS but they don't have the spring insulators and it also clunked even with the recalled part number, I changed to swift. You can get the spring rubber insulators like Tein and Espilir at your local aftermarket shop or maybe online. buy 2 or 4 packs and wrap them around the coils which are nearest to each other
Old 08-03-15, 09:49 PM
Driverseat
Rookie

Did you figure out why it was squeaking and has it settled any further?
Old 08-11-15, 09:49 AM
cp2
Racer

Received 325 Likes on 194 Posts

has anyone that have these spring get them installed w/ pics yet? would like to see what their installs looked like. the same or hopefully better? thanks in advance
Old 08-11-15, 11:00 AM
LeeJonah
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Did the springs ever end up giving you a one inch drop?
Old 08-12-15, 03:22 PM
gvan1998
Pit Crew

Well, it looks like .5 - .75 inch drop to me. The clunking noise went away also. Im getting my alignment done tomorrow at a Lexus dealer, they are running a special 89.99 for 4 wheel alignment. I hope they don't give me BS because of the aftermarket rear camber kit, and try to charge extra.
Old 08-12-15, 03:45 PM
cp2
Racer

Received 325 Likes on 194 Posts

can we get a pic when possible please? is it more noticeable than the member above or about the same?
Old 08-12-15, 04:06 PM
rex2lex
Rookie

Well, it looks like .5 - .75 inch drop to me. The clunking noise went away also. Im getting my alignment done tomorrow at a Lexus dealer, they are running a special 89.99 for 4 wheel alignment. I hope they don't give me BS because of the aftermarket rear camber kit, and try to charge extra.
I agree, from your pics, it looks like .5, maybe .75 in the front. For me it's just not enough. Don't get me wrong, it does look good, much better than stock. At least the front and back look even compared to the big gap in front on stocks. I'm going to go with RS-R down. The superdown is too much for me. Down seems to be in between the F-sport and the superdown. Thanks for keeping us updated on these springs. Helped me make up mind.
Old 09-03-15, 02:50 PM
Sc4is2rx3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Answer
Ptr07-53140
This part number was gold, thanks! Called local dealership two previous times looking for this part and they could never find them.

However, parts guy at dealership claims they fit on both awd and rwd 3is . Could anyone confirm this before I pull the trigger and buy them??
Old 09-26-15, 03:08 PM
rex2lex
Rookie

So after looking at your pics again, I saved the pic and edited it a little bit, bringing up the brightness so I can see the gap better since it's hard to see with all the black. I more I look, the more I liked. I'm NOT a fan of a slammed ride, I like a drop that keeps a uniform gap around the entire wheel and matches the front and back. About an inch all the way around looks great to me, and now I think these FSport springs will give me what I like. When I see a car dropped with no gap on top and 2 inch gaps on the sides of the wheel, to me, it just doesn't look good.

So I called my dealer today and talked to the parts guy who also has a 2015 IS 350 FSport awd and he is into all the FSport stuff. He tried looking up the part number but found nothing, then he said wait let me try another database and they came up. The part number listed here is correct and they are available to be ordered. He looked at the info on them and noted that it said a 1 inch drop, 2 wheel drive, and not applicable on cars with the fog lights. However there was not any info on if they fit AWD for not. He couldn't imagine why they wouldn't fit the awd as well, but you never know, so on Tuesday he is going to call his contacts at Lexus and find out if they fit the AWD or not. If they do fit, I'm going to get them since I have the Fsport intake and exhaust too.

I'll post back when I hear back from him.
Old 09-26-15, 03:52 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

rex2lex keep us updated. I'm in new york as well! which dealership did you speak to? just curious because if it works out with you ill get my springs from there too. I'm in NYC
Old 09-26-15, 04:45 PM
rex2lex
Rookie

Originally Posted by shivad87
rex2lex keep us updated. I'm in new york as well! which dealership did you speak to? just curious because if it works out with you ill get my springs from there too. I'm in NYC
I'm in western NY, in the middle of nowhere, in between Rochester and Buffalo. We have corn, cows, and wide open roads here. The dealer is Dorschel Lexus, in Rochester. Soon as I hear back from them I'll let you know.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 3IS F Sport Springs