IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Spacers Question - Need Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-15, 05:51 PM
Mushi31
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spacers Question - Need Help Please

Hi guys. im trying to buy spacers for my car. All i know is that our pattern is 5x114.3 and the its 12 x 1.5. I need 10mm spacers and was wondering what is our center hub bore size. please see the below two links and let me know which one fits our car? thanks.

64mm bore
http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm..._Code=KICS_WTS

67mm bore
http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm..._Code=KICS_WTS

or 67mm bore without hub rings
http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm...s_Wheel_Spacer

actually do i need the hub rings with the spacers together? or would the third link be idea? any input please? thanks.

i have aftermarket rims already. please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Mushi31; 06-25-15 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-25-15, 07:03 PM
LexSense
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Lexus center bore is 60.1.

You'd definitely want the hubcentric ring lip on the spacer to reduce vibrations and take off some load from the studs.

You have 2 options though:
  1. You could get the same hubcentric ring lip built into the spacer that fits your aftermarket rims hub size (provided same bolt battern and thread pitch) - known as conversion wheel spacers.
    I.E - 60.1 to 67.1
    -Wait... Actually with 10mm you won't have conversion spacer options, so forget that...
  2. Get a 60.1 Lexus sized spacer, with the hubcentric ring lip of course, and then put your aftermarket ring that goes into the rim over the 60.1

*I would recommend option 2 in case you ever needed to put the spare tire on.
Edit* You only have option 2, my bad

Last edited by LexSense; 06-25-15 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Option 2 Only
Old 06-25-15, 11:57 PM
Imprezario
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You need something like this:

Here are the classy (and pricey) Digicam studded 10 mm spacers with separate hubcentric rings for example. You can get ones of the same construction from any manufacturer, You've got the idea )
Old 06-25-15, 11:59 PM
Mushi31
Driver

Hey LexSense. i kind of get what you mean 50%

Project kics dont seem to offer 5x114.3 12x1.5 with 60mm center hub. unless you know a company that has one? this is my first time buying spacers and i just dont want to mess it up. would you be able to direct me to the right spacer for 10mm for our cars? preferably from project kics. THanks LexSense.
Old 06-26-15, 10:35 AM
LexSense
Intermediate

@Imprezario - those spacers look nice!

@Mushi31 - You're right... I didn't find a 10mm in Lexus specs from my searches for Project Kics - which is kind of strange, maybe you can phone or e-mail them.

There's a good handful of reputable spacer brands you can get though in 10mm Lexus specs.
H&R - for instance
http://www.b2autodesigns.com/product...oducts_id=6705

(You should also keep the below in mind when spacer shopping)
Since you're new to spacers I'll help you out a bit.
There's 2 type of spacers - ones which requires extended studs being put in place of your current studs, and ones that have the studs built into the spacer already (known as bolt-on spacers).

Depending on your aftermarket wheels - typically 10mm bolt-on spacers will have issues putting the wheels back on because your existing studs will protrude out of the spacer when you put the bolt-on spacers in. Unless your aftermarket wheels have these deep pockets in the back next to the bolt holes - the 10mm spacer will likely not give enough clearance for your wheels to go back on - in this case you would need to trim the existing studs on your car down to size so that it does not protrude too far out of the 10mm spacers you will put on.

On the other hand, if you go with options like the above H&R I listed, you shouldn't have much issues as you would need to knock out your existing studs and put the longer studs in, which would probably be more safe in the long term at anyrate. This may require some open ended lug nuts if the studs are too long however.

I'm not sure what type of aftermarket wheels you have, but keep in mind the above when spacer shopping

Last edited by LexSense; 06-26-15 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 06-26-15, 03:35 PM
Mushi31
Driver

@LexSense,

i have works emotion cr2p which the center bore is 73.1mm. checked out a few reputable shops and it seems 12x1.5mm 5x114.3 10mm spacers with hubcentric of 73.1 is nonexistence. I was more looking into project kicks or fic spacers. these will be from my front wheels and i daily drive alot but i heard i could run into vibration problems. I guess i shouldnt put spacers? haha sigh the dilemma. THanks for the help. if you were in cali id buy u a drink!
Old 06-26-15, 04:10 PM
LexSense
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mushi31
@LexSense,

i have works emotion cr2p which the center bore is 73.1mm. checked out a few reputable shops and it seems 12x1.5mm 5x114.3 10mm spacers with hubcentric of 73.1 is nonexistence. I was more looking into project kicks or fic spacers. these will be from my front wheels and i daily drive alot but i heard i could run into vibration problems. I guess i shouldnt put spacers? haha sigh the dilemma. THanks for the help. if you were in cali id buy u a drink!
NP, Mushi31 - glad to help!

You should really be looking for 60.1 hub centric spacers, the 73.1 would only fit if you ran a conversion spacer, which I don't believe exists for 10mm.

OR I guess if you stuck in your 73.1 to 60.1 hub ring (which is most likely on your aftermarket wheels right now) onto your 60.1 hub, you could run a 73.1 hub spacer, but that would probably not be safe or the right way to do it, as you run the risk of more things breaking/failing and or vibrating? - Maybe some one who has tried this can chime in?

Lastly, Imprezario's suggestion could also work here too as you can essentially make your hub center a variety of sizes.

As for vibration, you shouldn't really have any vibration issues as long as you have the correct hubcentric spacer with that lip on the outer center as I've been mentioning. Without the lip, your wheels would be using only the wheel studs as support (as the spacer would be flat and have nothing for your wheels to perch on) - which could lead to vibrations and broken studs.

Hope this clears things up

Last edited by LexSense; 06-26-15 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Clarity