IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Aftermarket fogs for 3rd gen IS 250/350F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-15, 03:50 PM
starbai
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gvan1998
Why? So you can be courtious to other drivers so you don't blind the ***** out of them.
true, but these are mounted so low and pointed towards the ground i doubt they'll do anything to oncoming traffic.
Old 08-12-15, 04:02 PM
daobn24
Pole Position

They do, it's blinding. Speaking from experience.
Old 08-12-15, 05:25 PM
Sexis350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gona put some tint on these hopefully itll lower brightness
Old 08-12-15, 05:47 PM
Sexis350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by daobn24
They do, it's blinding. Speaking from experience.
Hmmm. Are they blinging to the point safety is an issue?
Old 08-13-15, 09:35 AM
No0dLeZ
Driver School Candidate

new to the forum. glad i found this thread.
Old 08-14-15, 12:22 PM
allgoodman
Rookie

So what's the overall consensus on these fogs? There's a vid on their FB page with a new version. Not bad...I like the new lens but I prefer the old beam pattern.

Facebook Post

...not sure if I should pull the trigger. Would make a nice gift for my bro tho. Thoughts?
Old 08-15-15, 07:39 AM
DENNiiEE
Driver School Candidate

If anyone has the new updated fog lights please go ahead and post on pictures!
Old 08-15-15, 04:30 PM
Sexis350
Pole Position

Harness i got from nigel. Top one is power with a fuse that screws onto car battery screw i guess. that relays to oem fog harness you probably have to cut and hardwire the red and black aftermarket ones.<br/>Bottom piece is switch that plugs into yellow controller i assume? <br/>But where does the switch tap into for power with the oem fogs?
Old 08-15-15, 07:15 PM
cp2
Racer

Received 326 Likes on 195 Posts

i believe the top harness connects directly to the oem fog lights. the switch will wires can be tapped into the top harness. does the switch fog emblem illuminate?
Old 08-16-15, 07:03 PM
i2fat
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone else feel like 90 day warranty isn't enough? Considering they are fogs and will be on/off all the time. Worried that I'd have to keep replacing them over and over after a year or so.
Old 08-16-15, 08:20 PM
cp2
Racer

Received 326 Likes on 195 Posts

i concur. i say at least a year
Old 08-16-15, 10:26 PM
daobn24
Pole Position

This is getting quite frustrating actually. I got the warranty claimed foglights back on Friday and is submitting another claim tomorrow. 3 things that's wrong.

1. The LED lights are from two different manufactuers; Cree and Flund
2. Because they're from different manufactuers their colors do not match. The one made my Flund is more yellow than the one made by Cree.
3. A day after installing these replacements foglights, the LED made by Flund is burnt out again.

Hopefully I can get this sorted out. I do have to say though, their customer service has been fair and quick. I'll continue to update this thread.
Old 08-16-15, 10:43 PM
i2fat
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is getting quite frustrating actually. I got the warranty claimed foglights back on Friday and is submitting another claim tomorrow. 3 things that's wrong.

2. Because they're from different manufactuers their colors do not match. The one made my Flund is more yellow than the one made by Cree.
3. A day after installing these replacements foglights, the LED made by Flund is burnt out again.

Hopefully I can get this sorted out. I do have to say though, their customer service has been fair and quick. I'll continue to update this thread.
This is exactly what I don't want to deal with. The idea of getting these taken out and reinstalled multiple times due to the LEDs burning out or dimming is going to cost more than the OEM lights. From those of you that have these installed, what do you think the reliability is like?
Old 08-17-15, 02:57 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by i2fat
This is exactly what I don't want to deal with. The idea of getting these taken out and reinstalled multiple times due to the LEDs burning out or dimming is going to cost more than the OEM lights. From those of you that have these installed, what do you think the reliability is like?
I've been selling genuine toyota and lexus parts for 10 years…..
Back in the days, the genuine window visor are pretty expensive @ $400 each set

Some people bought the genuine one and some people bought the aftermarket. @ 100-150 each set.
People who bought the genuine one can use it until they get rip of the car or part out and still able to get 50-70% of the price they paid.

People who bought the aftermarket one can't really sell their visor, and the visor get fade off, the chrome peel off etc etc.

If you do the math, they probably spend a similar amount of money on the visor in the end.
Or they spend more if they get tired of the aftermarket and end up go to the genuine route.

For the fog light, it might be pricy in the first place, but if you are going to install and reinstall it, time, labor and there is possibility that you break the bumper or other parts while you are doing it, these are all cost.
And the aftermarket fog light should have no resale value (or very low) and the genuine fog light will sure have resale value.

Just my 2 cents

Last edited by Nigel-JDMParts; 08-17-15 at 03:04 AM.
Old 08-17-15, 03:34 PM
rsx2crazy
Rookie

I didn't accept their warranty work on my condensed fog lights. So I am in the process of returning it back to them for store credit so that when the version 2 fogs come back in stock, I will give these fogs another try.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket fogs for 3rd gen IS 250/350F Sport