IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Paddle shifter extensions

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-16, 11:20 AM
RocketG35
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by FR500GT
They feel great! The shifts are firm as they should be they look like an OEM+ mod. I already have my steering wheel preset at the lowest setting and as close as possible to me so the extensions don't really get in the way.
Thanks!
Old 08-22-16, 02:20 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

No problem.

I can get used to this
Attached Thumbnails Paddle shifter extensions-image.jpeg  
Old 08-22-16, 05:32 PM
RocketG35
Intermediate

No problem.

I can get used to this
Man that looks good! And if it really improves the feel of the shifts, that would be enough reason to upgrade.

Does Titanium actually match the OEM finish? It sort of looks like it does, but also doesn't. I still think I'd go with black for a stealthier look, but part of me thinks it should stand out a bit as they are so badass.

I'm so tempted, but that's a high price tag considering the other cars (Audi/BMW) are going for $20-$60! Wonder why the IS is so expensive. I see last 2IS/GS uses a screw type hold instead of the 3M tape. I wouldn't want to damage the stock finish with the screws, but that shouldn't make it 2x-3x the price. Maybe another company will make a more reasonably priced set???
Old 08-22-16, 05:50 PM
2015isboy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They look really nice!
Old 08-22-16, 11:29 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RocketG35
Man that looks good! And if it really improves the feel of the shifts, that would be enough reason to upgrade.

Does Titanium actually match the OEM finish? It sort of looks like it does, but also doesn't. I still think I'd go with black for a stealthier look, but part of me thinks it should stand out a bit as they are so badass.

I'm so tempted, but that's a high price tag considering the other cars (Audi/BMW) are going for $20-$60! Wonder why the IS is so expensive. I see last 2IS/GS uses a screw type hold instead of the 3M tape. I wouldn't want to damage the stock finish with the screws, but that shouldn't make it 2x-3x the price. Maybe another company will make a more reasonably priced set???
Let me clarify a bit. The shifts are exactly the same as before. I'm just saying that even though it is an "attachment" instead of a direct replacement, it's a solid peice and is not going anywhere.

As far as the color goes, it's not the same color as the factory paddles but it's close enough to where it doesn't bug me. Black or silver would have been my next choice. There is another paddle shifter extension on eBay that is running about $70 and was just released last week (I just don't like the design).

The price of these is higher than most are willing to pay but I use the paddle shifters everyday and for aggressive driving (especially on the track) it makes shifting out of the turns a lot easier.

Originally Posted by 2015isboy
They look really nice!
Thanks man

Last edited by FR500GT; 08-22-16 at 11:33 PM.
Old 08-23-16, 10:18 AM
RocketG35
Intermediate

Searching elsewhere for these, I stumbled upon Aliexpress (China) and found they offer these (and the alternate style) for significantly cheaper. Starting at $69 (any color) to $100 (carbon fiber). The alt style is "only" $55.

I've heard of Alibaba/Aliexpress (bigger than AMZ + Ebay combined), but never ordered from there. I took a chance and placed an order for FR500GT's newer styled ones in black color. I considered CF, but wasn't sure of the feel as the plasticky OEM ones bother me now - so decided to go with the aluminum versions. It will take a couple weeks to arrive.

$55-$100 (OP's SKCUSTOM branded one costs $90. I prefer no branding, so went with the $69 set - just not sure of quality. Alt ones have branded and non-branded Savanini logos with minor price differences.)
http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?...exus+rc+paddle
Old 08-23-16, 11:14 AM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Are these attached using 3M tape?
Old 08-23-16, 12:57 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RocketG35
Searching elsewhere for these, I stumbled upon Aliexpress (China) and found they offer these (and the alternate style) for significantly cheaper. Starting at $69 (any color) to $100 (carbon fiber). The alt style is "only" $55.

I've heard of Alibaba/Aliexpress (bigger than AMZ + Ebay combined), but never ordered from there. I took a chance and placed an order for FR500GT's newer styled ones in black color. I considered CF, but wasn't sure of the feel as the plasticky OEM ones bother me now - so decided to go with the aluminum versions. It will take a couple weeks to arrive.

$55-$100 (OP's SKCUSTOM branded one costs $90. I prefer no branding, so went with the $69 set - just not sure of quality. Alt ones have branded and non-branded Savanini logos with minor price differences.)
http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?...exus+rc+paddle
Damnnnnnn I should have waited a few more weeks! lol

Originally Posted by anthonys2r
Are these attached using 3M tape?
Yessir
Old 08-23-16, 02:46 PM
Moonsin
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Awesome! Gonna go order one now
Old 08-23-16, 04:05 PM
RocketG35
Intermediate

Damnnnnnn I should have waited a few more weeks! lol
LOL! Price you pay for being an early adopter/trendsetter/pioneer! I did the same when I bought my rear lip spoiler...paid $160 for it unpainted matte black last year...a few months later, it can be found for $55 painted/shipped! Front lip spoiler...paid $160, now its $110.... I do hope that these are the same quality as yours...but you never know.

It if helps any - you get props for sharing the news

Last edited by RocketG35; 08-23-16 at 04:05 PM. Reason: remove signature
Old 09-19-16, 06:19 PM
new2jdm
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine came in today... took about a month. They look awesome

Old 09-19-16, 07:23 PM
RocketG35
Intermediate

Originally Posted by new2jdm
Mine came in today... took about a month. They look awesome
4 weeks? Wow slow boat! Mine took 2 weeks. Agree they are awesome. The only thing I don't like about these is that you can't actually push on the top due to the angle. There's no leverage and the pivot doesn't move that way. You have to push on the sides. And because of that hole, you don't have a lot of area for your fingers. Still like them a lot though.

Got mine in black and I really like how it sits against the black cluster.
Old 09-20-16, 06:53 AM
plastus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm really tempted to buy these in red to match the red stitching and seats on the F-Sport. Anyone buy them in red yet?
Old 09-28-16, 04:13 PM
AndrewP930
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once you stick these on, are you basically stuck with it for life? I'm assuming that it'll be impossible to take off due to the 3m tape.
Old 09-28-16, 04:37 PM
sandiegoer
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AndrewP930
Once you stick these on, are you basically stuck with it for life? I'm assuming that it'll be impossible to take off due to the 3m tape.
use a heat gun to soften the 3m tape and use your hand to fill it off. Pretty simple. Double sided Tape are not permanent.

Quick Reply: Paddle shifter extensions