IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Grimmspeed License Plate Relocation Kit & F-Sport License Plate Frame Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-15, 09:33 AM
dolfan13
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MyFSport

I have the same set-up - I recommend getting a grommet to cover up the hole and give it a cleaner look. See thread here (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ll-call-9.html) and my post #127.
Old 06-06-15, 09:24 PM
jay90011
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dolfan13
I have the same set-up - I recommend getting a grommet to cover up the hole and give it a cleaner look. See thread here (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ll-call-9.html) and my post #127.
I have the same setup but I added a light tint license plate cover on mine.
Old 07-07-16, 09:52 PM
Stevent
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wondering for those that has this.... Has it ever shifted or become lose? I'm worried it may loosen up over time or wiggle driving on the freeway and end up scratching the bumper or something. I seen cars that has scratches from similar products because it flexes from the high speeds on the freeway.
Old 07-07-16, 10:08 PM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevent
Wondering for those that has this.... Has it ever shifted or become lose? I'm worried it may loosen up over time or wiggle driving on the freeway and end up scratching the bumper or something. I seen cars that has scratches from similar products because it flexes from the high speeds on the freeway.
I've had this license holder on my car since I got it and the speed of driving it hasn't ever knocked it loose and there is plenty of clearance from the bumper for it to not scratch the bumper. Although there have been unfortunate minor scratches caused by me stupidly not taking it off before going through a car wash. Notice to anyone who decides to go through a one of those car washes, don't do it with this on. Lol and i know they're bad for your car but I've never gotten any swirl marks from it and I'm way too busy to handwash my car...
Old 07-08-16, 01:10 AM
Phamkq
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Best $80 you'll ever spend, believe me. Stays in place even hitting 95mph. Just don't mess with it, and it will stay in place.

If you seen this compared side by side with the ijdm one, you will notice such a big difference. Ijdm will stick out much more, making it look very awkward and it also bends much easier.
Old 07-08-16, 11:38 AM
Stevent
Driver

thanks for the info guys.
Old 07-08-16, 04:40 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

3 years with mine and has never moved, bent, etc.
Old 07-09-16, 04:22 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The plate mount seems like a good idea.

I never had a font plate and ran it in BC, and WA and no issues with police or custom for that matter. I guess it's because I don't really speed and don't make my car look "high-profile" which would make the vehicle a target.
Old 07-09-16, 06:44 PM
Stevent
Driver

Originally Posted by Sango
The plate mount seems like a good idea.

I never had a font plate and ran it in BC, and WA and no issues with police or custom for that matter. I guess it's because I don't really speed and don't make my car look "high-profile" which would make the vehicle a target.
I haven't had issues here in So Cal either... However lately I find myself needing to park on the streets and the meter maids are strict about it in some places.
Old 07-09-16, 08:50 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevent
I haven't had issues here in So Cal either... However lately I find myself needing to park on the streets and the meter maids are strict about it in some places.
Ah I see. Sometimes the meter maids have nothing other to do but, they are technically doing their job.

Technically, I did get teased by a customs officer since I have ran into the same officer on multiple occasions when I crossed the border to US ha ha! He asked me, is your high beams, actually on? (because of the Philips Ultinon 6K HID lights I have which appeared like they are so bright), so he asked me to turn them on, so I did. Another time a different officer he asked me if is there any girls in the back? lol!
Old 07-10-16, 12:42 AM
Phamkq
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sango
Ah I see. Sometimes the meter maids have nothing other to do but, they are technically doing their job.

Technically, I did get teased by a customs officer since I have ran into the same officer on multiple occasions when I crossed the border to US ha ha! He asked me, is your high beams, actually on? (because of the Philips Ultinon 6K HID lights I have which appeared like they are so bright), so he asked me to turn them on, so I did. Another time a different officer he asked me if is there any girls in the back? lol!
Just wondering, why did he ask if your high beams were on?