2015 IS 350 Side Mirror Assembly Instruction

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-15, 08:23 PM
GreentAzn
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation 2015 IS 350 Side Mirror Assembly Instruction

Hello All,

Recently some turd stole just the mirror off of my left side mirror off of my car. The price of replacing the mirror is more expensive than buying the whole side mirror (go figure..).

With that said, I have the side mirror now in my hands, but I can't seem to find any instruction on how to install it. It seems like a fairly simple install, so I 'd rather do it myself than pay the dealer to do it.

This is the part number: 8794053710B0
Part Description: Left hand side mirror assembly W/ blind spot monitoring
Vehicle: 2015 IS350 F sport

Any help is appreciated.. video, oem instruction or some pictures.

Thanks in advance guys!
Old 05-20-15, 09:05 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

can't you just get the mirror from your new assembly and just stick it onto the old assembly?
Old 05-20-15, 10:58 PM
GreentAzn
Driver

Originally Posted by tea
can't you just get the mirror from your new assembly and just stick it onto the old assembly?
While that sounds like a great idea... It really depends on whichever step is the easiest..

Because my side mirror was stolen, they thief did cut the cords from the side mirror. I don't think there's a way to connect the wires without doing some work.
Old 05-21-15, 01:15 AM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GreentAzn
While that sounds like a great idea... It really depends on whichever step is the easiest..

Because my side mirror was stolen, they thief did cut the cords from the side mirror. I don't think there's a way to connect the wires without doing some work.
oh. didn't mention the cables were cut. you'd probably have to also take apart the door from the inside to get access to the cable and replace it with the new ones
Old 05-21-15, 01:32 AM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Where in CA was it stolen?
Old 05-21-15, 06:24 AM
GreentAzn
Driver

Originally Posted by tea
oh. didn't mention the cables were cut. you'd probably have to also take apart the door from the inside to get access to the cable and replace it with the new ones
Sounds like a dealer/shop job if I don't want to mess up huh..

man..!
Old 05-21-15, 08:00 AM
cp2
Racer

Received 326 Likes on 195 Posts

does the mirror have a harness in it? if it does, there are probably going to be some wire hanging off the part. can you take a pic? I'd like to see what the part came with. if there are no wire coming off of it you'll most likely have to get a new harness or if you now a descent stereo guy, make a new harness. it can be as simple as plug and play w/ a harness or as difficult as splicing wires (which isn't difficult if you now how to work w/ wires) and adding pins.

sorry to hear that mess though.
Old 05-21-15, 08:08 AM
GreentAzn
Driver

Originally Posted by cp2
does the mirror have a harness in it? if it does, there are probably going to be some wire hanging off the part. can you take a pic? I'd like to see what the part came with. if there are no wire coming off of it you'll most likely have to get a new harness or if you now a descent stereo guy, make a new harness. it can be as simple as plug and play w/ a harness or as difficult as splicing wires (which isn't difficult if you now how to work w/ wires) and adding pins.

sorry to hear that mess though.
Appreciate your comment. Please see that attached picture for the damaged mirror. The new part that came in has the full assembly with a single thick wire hanging under. (looks like it just need to be connected to the car's port.

Let me know your thought

Old 05-21-15, 08:14 AM
GreentAzn
Driver

I should also mention that the part I bought is the complete left side mirror assembly. This means the entire shell/casing + the blind spot monitoring mirror.
Old 05-21-15, 08:27 AM
cp2
Racer

any wires coming through the new part?
Old 05-21-15, 08:41 AM
GreentAzn
Driver

Originally Posted by cp2
any wires coming through the new part?
Yup. Take a look at the picture below. This is the new part I bought, full left side mirror assembly.

Old 05-21-15, 08:50 AM
cp2
Racer

well damn! plug and play bro! hardest part will be removing the side view mirror housing! the harness will go into your door so you'll have to remove your door panel inside and remove the old harness and just route and replace the new one! and from the looks of it, that's how you'll get access to the nuts that holds those three bolts (attached to the housing) into place.
Old 05-21-15, 09:16 AM
GreentAzn
Driver

Originally Posted by cp2
well damn! plug and play bro! hardest part will be removing the side view mirror housing! the harness will go into your door so you'll have to remove your door panel inside and remove the old harness and just route and replace the new one! and from the looks of it, that's how you'll get access to the nuts that holds those three bolts (attached to the housing) into place.
Do you think this is something a amature can do in-house..? Or is it a shop/dealer type job?

I was able to find this PDF.. "Door", is this the instruction I need to follow to DIY?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Door.pdf (388.5 KB, 212 views)
Old 05-21-15, 09:22 AM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Yea, looks like it shouldn't be too difficult. The door isn't too hard to remove. It's held on by a few screws and clips.
Old 05-21-15, 09:25 AM
cp2
Racer

no shame in doing it yourself. from just looking at the part itself, it doesn't look difficult at all. it just depends on if you're comfortable in taking your car apart. the actual maintenance is simple if you've work w/ ratchets and wrenches. to be honest, I myself, don't even have to look at how to do the install. just by looking at the part, I can see what the job entails. it's just getting to the actual work space (what has to be done to remove door panel) is the question. and after looking through the instructions on a scale of 1-5 with 5 being difficult, it'd call it a 2. as long as you have all the tools, you'll be fine. maybe some deep well or swivel sockets maybe needed. if you don't understand what I just wrote, that's okay, but I wouldn't attempt the job. if you do understand, you got it! keep us posted!

Quick Reply: 2015 IS 350 Side Mirror Assembly Instruction