IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

A-hole keyed my ride, what the hell is wrong with people?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-15, 05:38 PM
350Nva
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that sucks;hope you get everything fixed. where in va are you, so i can stay away from that mall garage.
Old 05-03-15, 06:17 PM
Zman1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default check out what 8 & 9 year olds did to a new camaro

From another forum. No explanation for kids today. Sorry about your Lexus.

This guy parked his car away from other cars in an attempt to avoid any door dings from people parking close to him. This is what he found when he came out to his brand new Camaro. The kids were caught by the police but the families have no money so he will likely have to turn this into his insurance company. If kids are doing this @ 8 & 9 what will they be doing when they get to be 16 & 17??
Attached Thumbnails A-hole keyed my ride, what the hell is wrong with people?!-camaro.jpg  
Old 05-03-15, 06:21 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Zman1
From another forum. No explanation for kids today. Sorry about your Lexus.

This guy parked his car away from other cars in an attempt to avoid any door dings from people parking close to him. This is what he found when he came out to his brand new Camaro. The kids were caught by the police but the families have no money so he will likely have to turn this into his insurance company. If kids are doing this @ 8 & 9 what will they be doing when they get to be 16 & 17??
Damn I'd be very pissed. Them kids would definitely get a piece of me
Old 05-06-15, 11:04 AM
odist
Rookie

****** that guy or gal who did this to your ride. People like that never man up to you in your face. Usually act hard when they have numbers, otherwise, do this kind of cowardly act.
Sorry hear what happened to you man. It would upset me too, any one of us for that matter.
We gotta look out for each other. it could happen to anyone.
Old 05-12-15, 07:58 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi AdvanSLF,

Sorry to hear what has happened to your car. Hope you have the issues resolved. I know how was your feeling because it happened to my previous car as well. It always came as a shock as a normal person wouldn't harm someone's car on a rainy day. In my case, it happened on an extremely cold and windy evening(-20C) and there was no car besides me and it was a dinner time.

Whoever did it is definitely a very unhappy person...
Old 05-13-15, 07:14 AM
cp2
Racer

Received 326 Likes on 195 Posts

From another forum. No explanation for kids today. Sorry about your Lexus. The kids were caught by the police but the families have no money so he will likely have to turn this into his insurance company. If kids are doing this @ 8 & 9 what will they be doing when they get to be 16 & 17??

probably nothing if they had broken arms and legs...just sayin

parents might be broke in the pockets, but can still handle their "issue."
Old 05-13-15, 07:39 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
please be advise this is in essence a small rant so i'll try to keep it short.

went to a local mall on Saturday evening with the wife from 8pm-9:30pm. parked in the Macy's garage, no cars immediately on either side of my space, but cars parked in the lane the next one down. went inside for an hour and a half came out, ran to the car cause it was cold and raining, hopped in drove home. was working on the yard Sunday morning and had to pull the car out of the garage to get to the weed wacker. walked near the right fender and was like WTF is this *****?! OMGGGGGG!!!!!! ****!!!!!!!!! i literally dropped to my knees..

i continued doing yard work and let my wife call the insurance co. and filed a police report. officer came to the house and took down notes. we also called mall security as i recall there was a camera in a corner about 10-15 yards down from the car. effing mall cops said they reviewed the tape and it was "inconclusive".. WTF does that even mean? did you see a person or not? they said they couldn't disclose that information for liability reasons. i'm hoping to call back the officer today and ask him to go review the tapes himself to see if he can find anything. the officer did warn me in advance on saturday that most ppl still use analogue cameras so the resolution could be really bad.. still i want to know that i did the most i could to catch the a-hole who did this..

went to the lexus collision and repair center, said it will be a $1300 job to fix, but i'll only have to pay my $250 deductible since i have comprehensive. two appraisers looked at the car, they said the jacka$$ who did this definitely took their time. went past the clear coat and paint in some areas, one long run from the front fender all the way to the rear door, then back up midway to the front passenger door. just lucky there were no dents. at the end of the day its just a car, and i can always make more money to repair it. however i'm on huge person on integrity and values. you don't go around effing up other people's property for laughs, or on a dare, or because you want to steal it. people worked hard for their stuff, and you have no right to take that away. like i said, it ain't about the money, i just want JUSTICE! if i am able to find this a-hole, i will prosecute them to the fullest extent even if it costs me more money than the cost of fixing the car.

my integrity, not the money, is what buys my satisfaction. some of you may think that i'm being an @ss right now for getting so wound up, but if this happened to you, you would be singing a different tune as well. in fact, more so than anything the reason why i would prosecute this person to the fullest extent is to let them learn to never do this crap on anyone's car or property. to have a sense of morals. to save them from doing it to other cars and to maybe, if they're young, allow them to own up to their mess, learn from it, and be a better individual in life and improve their self-being.
i'd like to throw in a few punches and kicks before they arrest him though.

my wife says i should look into getting a tilt sensor, proximity alarm, and front and rear dash cams. i thought it was a good idea and would be willing to drop 2gs on that setup. until i realized last night that this is a 3IS. yes although its my cherished baby, doesn't it sound ridiculous of me though to put 2k worth of security into an unmodified, stock 3IS? i bet a lambo prob doesn't even pack this much security.

anyway, thanks to everyone in the community for listening. end rant.
Man that sucks, I would be doing the same thing as you, I will def say get a dash cam I have one and love the fact that I have one and can review people that come next to my car, and the video is very clear 1080p Blackvue is the best in my view which is what I have. The tilt sensor would be useless in this scenario. Hope you catch them, and this was probably jealousy as I couldn't give another reason for such an act.
Old 05-15-15, 05:44 PM
Reeladdict
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn dude, absolute BS.

I can't wait for my Blackvue to get here incase this happens I will hopefully see who it was, sad world we live in today thats for sure.
Old 05-16-15, 09:14 AM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Put a camera in, but this is something that will always happen and it's better to repair it out of pocket or through the insurance. This is just part of owning a car. This is also the reason why I refrain from being one of those people who parks way away, it seems to get people riled up and makes the car a target. I have parked normally and avoided issues in my C6.
Another idea is the 3M clear wrap, which can serve as an extra layer of protection against keys. It's not guaranteed to stop them, but it would have probably stopped the damage that occurred to your car.
Old 05-16-15, 11:03 AM
Aeromotive
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The more I think about it, the more I feel I should stop parking at the other end of the parking lot to avoid attracting attention...

Dings and scratches vs vandalism? That is the question...
Old 05-16-15, 07:36 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Aeromotive
The more I think about it, the more I feel I should stop parking at the other end of the parking lot to avoid attracting attention...

Dings and scratches vs vandalism? That is the question...
Dings are far easier to repair than this and you're only calling attention to yourself by parking far away. Plus, you can wrap your doors with 3M clear vinyl and it'll protect from dings and scratches.
Old 06-01-15, 11:56 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ALL -- thanks for the big support! You guys are awesome!
Sorry i haven't replied or been on the forums lately. Been really busy between work, studying for my InfoSec certs and dragon boat practices/races.
To update everyone, i got my Lola back and she's looking just a good as the day i got her, at least on the right side. The guys over at Lindsey [Lexus] Collision Repair Center in Alexandria, VA are quite amazing. Got the car back to me in a few days, people were great, and the craftsmanship is amazing. The paintwork is guaranteed for life! Purely amazing! It did cost me a $250 deductible to get her fixed up, but nothing compared to the $1300 total cost. Anyways i'm quite happy and satisfied. Unfortunately, i never heard back from that lazy FFX county cop who was assigned to my case, nor could the **** mall do much for me. Sometimes you just have to let things go and move forward, and that's what i did--loving my gal and giving her some new metal to make up for it, an F Sport exhaust!!!! LOL okay, i lied, its really for me. But again, thank you to all my clublexus members for the support!

Originally Posted by 350Nva
that sucks;hope you get everything fixed. where in va are you, so i can stay away from that mall garage.
this was over at fairoaks--i know shocker! i'm less scared to park my car at potomac mills in 'hoodbridge' as i am at fairoaks.. isn't that sad?

This guy parked his car away from other cars in an attempt to avoid any door dings from people parking close to him. This is what he found when he came out to his brand new Camaro.
geez and i thought mine was bad.. at least he caught the kids.. sure he couldn't do much.. but i'm sure glad they had a scare of the cops or their parents..

Originally Posted by bigblack06
I will def say get a dash cam I have one and love the fact that I have one and can review people that come next to my car, and the video is very clear 1080p Blackvue is the best in my view which is what I have.
I thought blackvue dash cams only record when your car is powered on? i recall they have a sleep mode of some sort where if the system detects motion like someone backing up and bumping into your car, it begins recording immediately... are you saying cam is recording non-stop even when parked and your engine is off? if so, how?
Old 06-02-15, 03:35 PM
zeyger
Former Sponsor

Damn, that sucks. Some people are just asshats.
Old 06-02-15, 09:31 PM
2014IS250
Rookie

So sorry bro! This sucks! One of the reasons why I installed cameras on my 250IS 14! It stop them, but I could catch them on camera if they did.
Old 06-02-15, 11:49 PM
SDxray
Driver School Candidate

Damn, thats horrible. I just picked mine up last week and this is what bothers me the most. Im glad you got her back and enjoying the car again.

Quick Reply: A-hole keyed my ride, what the hell is wrong with people?!