IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

A-hole keyed my ride, what the hell is wrong with people?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-15, 05:40 PM
Jeremy1976
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This makes me absolutely sick to my stomach man and I am very sorry this happened to you. I got my IS almost a month ago now and I worry all the time about vandalism just because people are jealous and *******s. When I was insuring it at my company the guy told me he bought a new Lexus a couple years back and had it one day and someone ran the side of it. He said it was $7k in damages to fix. What the hell possesses people to do stuff like this. If I ever caught anyone doing this I would damn near beat them to death. For real.
Old 04-28-15, 06:25 PM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Ouch sorry to hear. Being that it is white you might be able to get away by wetsand/polish by a professional. Or if you're handy, you can try it yourself. Heck worst case scenario you'll get it resprayed. You'll still see it if you look for it but that white will blend in the scratch really well and in some places where it isn't deep you might be able to get it out completely.
Old 04-28-15, 06:39 PM
rp2000r
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 46 Posts

I have had my 350F for 2 months, 1600 miles.
It lives in a garage because of things like this. I commute in a civic and also have a Tacoma the wife drives to work to avoid the daily chips, dents, risk of accident.

I was at a local strip mall, wife runs in to grab food. Car has tinted windows and a guy walks up and looks at the car closely and walks around it before he figured out I was sitting in it and kinda walked away awkwardly.

Pulling up to a local restaurant and lady with 3 kids fighting and pushing each other walks over to look at the car and one of the kids was pushed and damn near flew on the hood of the car.

I live in cul de sac and can't leave it out because all the neighbor kids play hockey, shoot bb gun's, throw *****, play baseball etc

It's very frustrating! The way I was raised is to respect other peoples property like your own. If it is not your's don't touch it..

Can't imagine owning a exotic car
Old 04-28-15, 07:02 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

To hear this, it sickens me Given that I was raised to respect others and their belongings, I've always respect other people's property even if it's cheaper than mine. I also take extra care when parking in lots, garages, malls, etc. cause I know how some careless bastards are! That being said, I still am nervous sometimes when I park in certain places, but I manage it. At the end of the day, it's just car, but you still want to protect it cause it's your investment. Hopefully, you can get it fixed soon and the bastard who did this can get caught by human justice or karma!!
Old 04-28-15, 10:14 PM
osh3is350f
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If that happened to me and I found out who it was, I'd probably kill them =]
Old 04-29-15, 04:11 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks guys for the support and sympathy, it means a lot of have the community back me up. couldn't get to all of you, but trying to respond to who mostly had questions..

Originally Posted by FPerform
Sorry to hear that, hope all goes well, but damn $1,300 to repair that seems insanely high..
yeah, thought so too at first. however, the claims adjuster said that they'll not only work on the affected part, but they also paint the adjacent panel so the paint blends better. i just hope that it isn't noticeable at all. the hard part is battling it in my mind--that is, know what once was there..

Originally Posted by theoryguy
At least in my area, the police will do nothing for me even if there is evidence as they're view is that the car is covered by insurance. I had this issue last year in a store parking lot, the footage was on the store security tapes and they wouldn't do anything.
agreed, i think because there's a way out or an easy fix.. mall security and local police aren't going to follow-up on it.. still haven't heard back from the cop yet as to whether or not he's seen the tapes yet.

Originally Posted by Aeromotive
I always take extra care when parking my car to avoid being hit by some dumbass, but the fact that this was done on purpose is just beyond words...
Side note : could this be someone you cut off, honked at, etc. on your way to the mall?
yeah i always make sure i'm not standing out like a sore thumb, parking like a douche or doing anything bad that affects others. the thing that erks me the most is the claims adjuster said this person took their time.. it only goes to show not only did this jackass have complete disregard for damaging other people's property, but he didn't even care if he got caught since he apparently took his time. and no, i didn't do anything to anyone on the road heading towards the mall. driving the speed limit, all the normal stuff, wife was in the car with me. even when she's not, i'm just a normal driver on the public roads.

Originally Posted by SW13GS
The car won't have a salvage title, and while there will be diminished value...it won't be 40%. You should talk to your insurance company about a diminished value claim.
dang, i didn't even consider this.. i'll have to do some research to see how this works.. anyone have experiences related to dealing with insurance on diminished value after a vandalism incident?

Originally Posted by KA8
Or if you're handy, you can try it yourself. Heck worst case scenario you'll get it resprayed. You'll still see it if you look for it but that white will blend in the scratch really well
since i have comprehensive coverage, i only pay my deductible, the insurance co pays the rest, so i don't mind having a lexus repair center do the work. i just really hope it looks like nothing ever happened. i would feel really awful if i can still see some noticeable damage/coverup every time i look at my passenger side. yeah just hope it looks like nothing was ever there..

Originally Posted by rp2000r
I commute in a civic and also have a Tacoma the wife drives to work to avoid the daily chips, dents, risk of accident.
same here, i have an altima as my commuter car, and only drive the lexus on weekends.. but it doesn't matter what day you take it out, at any minute, this can happen, really sucks and there's not much we can really do about it.

Originally Posted by lexi90
At the end of the day, it's just car, but you still want to protect it cause it's your investment. Hopefully, you can get it fixed soon and the bastard who did this can get caught by human justice or karma!!
agreed, you worked hard for your own luxuries in life.. no one has the right to ruin that or take that away. i really, really wish we at least saw the tags of the car they left in, if they did leave in a car.. still haven't heard anything from the cops yet. if it falls through and there's nothing on the taps, then yeah i'll just have to hope for karma.
Old 04-29-15, 05:02 AM
nslac
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

******! I feel for you man, a lot of jealous ****** out there. Brother had the same thing happen to his Audi A4 (white as well). What made it worse was that the car was going to be used as one of the wedding cars for his wedding the same week. In his case the scratch was right across the bonnet and you could see the metal and it stood out like dogs *****.

He was burning hard and it was a mission to get it repaired within 4 days to have it ready for the wedding.

Every dog will have it's day!
Old 04-29-15, 06:53 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This surely sucks *** and not the good kind either. Don't get upset because they would already win. Just know that karma comes back around!
Old 04-30-15, 05:46 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

this makes me so mad just reading it. we work so hard for our vehicles and people have such blatant disregard. they don't know how hard we worked or how well we take care of our things. unfortunately there are a lot of envious and jealous people in this world and some people who know they will never be able to afford this caliber of car apparently get something out of damaging anothers property.i especially have gotten a few weird looks due to my age and driving this car, (22, got the car when i turned 20. even at the dealership some of the sale reps were like wtf! lol) but don't you worry, what goes around comes around and that dog will have his day. this is why i am very careful about where i bring by car to, but honestly that doesn't even matter because **** happens. every time i leave my car, i look back and say lord please protect me car.. and thus far he's been good to me ahaha. but i hope everything works out bud and I'm sure she'll be looking good as new in no time!
Old 04-30-15, 11:00 PM
halfnyce07
Driver

I feel ya brother. My downstairs neighbor has hit my car 3 times already, and she's hit my girlfriends car multiple times as well . She drives a '14 ES350 so one would think she treats that car well, NOPE. She beats that poor car to death. When my GF filed an insurance claim against her for one of her "minor bumping touching" accidents she was appalled that my GF would file a claim. Mean while this lady has a 9 in. diameter hole on her bumper with white paint on it (GF has a '14 white Jeep Grand Cherokee" and swears she didn't realize she hit my GF's car. So yeah I feel ya, I would react the same way. You busted your *** for that car, and people should learn to respect that.
Old 04-30-15, 11:22 PM
LINSTEFAN
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I feel your pain.... :|
Someone dented my passenger side of the car door and drove off.......
Old 05-01-15, 09:41 AM
waxy
Pole Position

Sorry to hear for your loss, I had a mild experience that escalated very quickly.

I was getting Tacos at Chavez, as soon as I got into my car, I was already shifted into D.
A car pulls up right in front of me as I was slowly backing out, he slams his brakes really hard as he parked to my left, stops and swing his doors wide open nearly hitting my car.
It was both the the driver side and rear passenger side that nearly hit my car, since I parked my car backwards I was facing him.
I shook my head and he noticed, then came to me and "Is there a problem?" Then I said yea, "Learn to drive with consideration."
Then he was threatening me, realizing his friends are backing him up.
I went ahead and told him, I have 2 dash cams in my car, and it's facing you, I also smell weed so if you want trouble I'll give you trouble.
He just walked away with his friends. I went ahead and called the police to check on him then left. I didn't stay to see what happened.

Some people do not have consideration in others or acknowledge others around them.
I treat people how I want to be treated, while others do not share the mutual feeling.

Last edited by waxy; 05-01-15 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-02-15, 10:12 AM
bmwool
Driver School Candidate

That sucks bro sorry that happened.

People are *******s. I would look into that security sytem. Its not about how much the car is worth, its about the fact the its your property and you worked hard for it. I would at least do the dash cam setup. They make very small front and rear units that are easy to install and not noticeable
Old 05-03-15, 07:48 AM
Dalva
Driver School Candidate

F... Morons, we also have our share here in Montreal. Sorry for you.
Old 05-03-15, 04:57 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

A lot of you guys summed it up. There's a lack of respect, jealousy, and maliciousness out there.

AdvanSLF, disrespecting property is one of my pet peeves too and not for the money, but I'd want to catch the guys if they ever do it again for disciplinary action. If it means spending 2k, I'd seriously consider it.

Quick Reply: A-hole keyed my ride, what the hell is wrong with people?!