IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

F Sport exhaust Install.

Old 03-08-15, 04:09 PM
Dpn556
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F Sport exhaust Install.

Hey all! I am very new to the forum, so I apalogize if this isn't the appropriate place for this. I replaced my stock exhaust yesterday with the F sport performance Axle back exhaust. I am MORE than pleased with it, however I noticed my right side is sitting .5" lower than the left. Before I start bending hangers does anyone else have any experience with this?

I know it uses the unique self seating gaskets and my left side doesn't seem to be fully seated yet, my right side looks fully seated. Will my left side drope? Or is it just the possibility my right hanger posts are slightly different on the physical muffler. You can't notice it at first glance but it sticks out to me.

Any helps or links to threads with experienced people would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sure I'm using some of thr wrong terminology above I'm not a mechanic but have done many basic bolt on modifications over the years.

2015 3IS F Sport

Thank You

Last edited by Dpn556; 03-08-15 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-08-15, 07:49 PM
HanaleiISF
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dpn556
Hey all! I am very new to the forum, so I apalogize if this isn't the appropriate place for this. I replaced my stock exhaust yesterday with the F sport performance Axle back exhaust. I am MORE than pleased with it, however I noticed my right side is sitting .5" lower than the left. Before I start bending hangers does anyone else have any experience with this?

I know it uses the unique self seating gaskets and my left side doesn't seem to be fully seated yet, my right side looks fully seated. Will my left side drope? Or is it just the possibility my right hanger posts are slightly different on the physical muffler. You can't notice it at first glance but it sticks out to me.

Any helps or links to threads with experienced people would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sure I'm using some of thr wrong terminology above I'm not a mechanic but have done many basic bolt on modifications over the years.

2015 3IS F Sport

Thank You
I had the exact same problem after I went from stock exhaust to the F-Sport Exhaust where one was sitting higher than the other. When I took it back to the installer, they slightly bent the hanger post on the side with the exhaust that was too close too bumper. Looks even now.
Old 03-08-15, 10:18 PM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't believe you need to bend anything. Just make sure it's lined up before you tighten the bolts
Old 03-08-15, 10:46 PM
faisal11ir
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It happened yesterday when they installed mine, then they bent one to align them but when i reached home i noticed the right one is higher so i pushed it down with both hands and now it's aligned with the left tip.
Old 03-09-15, 04:37 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm sure craftsmanship for the 3IS and lexus overall wouldn't require you to "bend" anything.. like the other person said, make sure everything is aligned before tightening down..
Old 03-09-15, 07:42 AM
mello03
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I just installed mine the other day and everything lines up perfectly. Depth and height.