IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Vinyl chrome window trim glossy black

Old 03-16-15, 09:21 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rex2lex
I've done both as well. My buddy actually owns a vinyl graphics shop. He does graphics and wraps on all kinds of cars, for businesses and for everyday people. Even with the high end vinyl it eventually chips and scratches. Even when you think the vinyl still looks perfect, if you look close you'll see tiny swirls and scratches made from just about anything that touches it, but especially from car washes. The Plasti-dip holds up and doesn't chip or scratch if it's spayed on right (with a spray gun). Myself, I wouldn't put vinyl "stickers" (which is what vinyl basically is) on a 50 thousand dollar car. But to each his own. If the plasti-dip doesn't seem like a way anyone would like to go then I'd do it right and get the chrome pieces painted correctly by a professional paint shop.
You won't put vinyl wrap on your car but you take it through CARWASHES???
Old 03-19-15, 06:40 AM
charmander
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's unfortunate, man. I hope they give you a refund...
Old 03-19-15, 08:02 AM
FullAtomic
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the same issue with my wrapped is350.
Problem is without painting it (not that Dip-crap) it's hard to cut it perfectly. I'm having mine redone for the same reason and I explained to the guy... "Would you wrap your car like this?"
Just get it redone again. Don't get overly upset, I get lifetime warranty on this stuff and if THEY are at fault.... why should you pay?
Old 03-20-15, 09:22 AM
jtszwed
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FullAtomic
I have the same issue with my wrapped is350.
Problem is without painting it (not that Dip-crap) it's hard to cut it perfectly. I'm having mine redone for the same reason and I explained to the guy... "Would you wrap your car like this?"
Just get it redone again. Don't get overly upset, I get lifetime warranty on this stuff and if THEY are at fault.... why should you pay?
The problem is they put x-acto knife scratches in my clear coat when i gave them a second go at it and it still looks bad. I told the guy the same thing and asked for a refund for the work and he offered to refund me $100 for the scratches but not for the whole job....

Its not professional to say you can take on a job to the customers satisfaction and not deliver as promised. and its even more unprofessional to damage a customers car in the process and only offer $100 refund. If the shop didnt think they could do the job, they should not have tried to do it plain and simple. I denied the $100 and took it up with my credit card company.
Old 03-20-15, 10:52 AM
shirosan
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jtszwed
The problem is they put x-acto knife scratches in my clear coat when i gave them a second go at it and it still looks bad. I told the guy the same thing and asked for a refund for the work and he offered to refund me $100 for the scratches but not for the whole job....

Its not professional to say you can take on a job to the customers satisfaction and not deliver as promised. and its even more unprofessional to damage a customers car in the process and only offer $100 refund. If the shop didnt think they could do the job, they should not have tried to do it plain and simple. I denied the $100 and took it up with my credit card company.
Good route on the credit card company if you've already attempted to resolve the issue multiple times before.