IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

LEXUS Lease Price quoted, Good or Bad ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-15, 06:32 PM
faizan93
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

guys I'm in a dilemma ???

-went back today and the financial manager said i would not qualify for the student grad program as it has to be within 6 months.

NEW DEAL he placed was 1k due at signing for 389 per mo.

I left the dealer because my counter was 1k due at signing for 349 per mo.

I wonder if they will match my counter this week ?

I want to know if I tell him to throw in free tints,service/oil for 3 years that he will meet me at 360 per month. and I'm not sure if its possible but would they rebate the 1k once I DO graduate

Is this a good counter or could I squeeze more ?
Old 03-07-15, 10:33 PM
Dpn556
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by faizan93
test drove it today, Im going for the black one, I'm going to wait towards the end of the month to squeeze out the best deal possible so they can throw that 10k miles per year if i do $20 extra per month.
Did you get it!? If so congrats!! I feel for your excitement level. I am only 3 weeks into my 2015. Hope it works out for you!
Old 03-08-15, 07:21 AM
ddvette9
Pole Position

Graduate rebate is supposed to be for 2 years. I got my lease in December 2014 and I graduated law school in December 2012 and they had no problem honoring it. Make sure they are not trying to scam you. Unless they changed the qualification. But if not, stand your ground on that rebate'. And the rebate comes from lexus financial only the dealership has nothing to do with it btw. They are just the middle man for it.
Old 03-08-15, 08:54 AM
faizan93
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the feedback and I did check the qualification as I graduate in may 2016 which wouldn't allow me to qualify, thus making me want to ask some form of rebate when I do. Is the new lease price that they quoted me any good ?
Old 03-08-15, 11:12 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

thanks for the feedback and I did check the qualification as I graduate in may 2016 which wouldn't allow me to qualify, thus making me want to ask some form of rebate when I do. Is the new lease price that they quoted me any good ?
It looks like they added $2k to your selling price after telling you about not qualifying for the rebate. The previous deal was zero drive off - now they apparently are increasing your payment AND want $1k up front - is that correct? If anything, without the $1k grad rebate, either your payment increases 40 bucks OR you pay the $1k up front - not both.

Last edited by gmanusmc; 03-08-15 at 11:18 AM.
Old 03-08-15, 12:39 PM
faizan93
Driver School Candidate

they called back today and tried to see if theres flexibililty, my counter was 1k due at signing for $360 per mo. with 10k miles per year.

Is this a good counter or too aggressive ?
Old 03-08-15, 12:50 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

they called back today and tried to see if theres flexibililty, my counter was 1k due at signing for $360 per mo. with 10k miles per year.

Is this a good counter or too aggressive ?
It sounds reasonable. It would help if you could provide the details such as net sale price (cap cost), msrp, residual, any misc dealer fees, etc.
Old 03-08-15, 12:58 PM
faizan93
Driver School Candidate

unfortunately the only info I have is the msrp would come down to 43k.
Old 03-08-15, 02:58 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

unfortunately the only info I have is the msrp would come down to 43k.
A bit of advice - get yourself educated on the details of how an auto lease works and is calculated. Otherwise, the dealer will have a distinct advantage and you stand to pay more for your lease than you should. You can already see that they pulled a fast one on you by increasing your quoted payment and drive out by approximately $2k total when all you really lost by not having the grad rebate was $1k.

Also, msrp is not something that "comes down." Do you mean the sale price?
Old 03-08-15, 03:49 PM
Dpn556
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bhvrdr
My only negotiating point on that deal would be to get them to throw in more miles. 7.5k miles per year is really really low. Just make sure that is right for you. 7.5k miles is only 20 miles per day of use. Most people tend to put on around 10-12K miles per year. 12K miles per year is an average of only 33 miles per day.

If you end up putting on 12K miles per year on a 7.5K mile lease you will end up owing Lexus $2250 by the end of the lease. That would be an additional $93 per month. Now if you can get them to throw in those miles for an additional 20 bucks a month or so than you have saved yourself a good amount. Just a thought. I'm sure you know your driving habits.

Mike
That's actually a great way to think about it.
Old 03-08-15, 04:34 PM
faizan93
Driver School Candidate

sorry I meant the sale price. What should I ask the dealer so I can come back and help get a number sorted out ?
Old 03-08-15, 05:50 PM
faizan93
Driver School Candidate

Ive SENT over my final offer. I was quoted earlier in the week for 11k for a one pay lease for 36 months SOOO I told them I will only do a deal if they can reach me at ZERO DUE AT SIGNING for $350 per month. the mile limit is also 10k, I know this is aggressive, what do you guys think ?
Old 03-08-15, 10:23 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Ive SENT over my final offer. I was quoted earlier in the week for 11k for a one pay lease for 36 months SOOO I told them I will only do a deal if they can reach me at ZERO DUE AT SIGNING for $350 per month. the mile limit is also 10k, I know this is aggressive, what do you guys think ?
You are all over the map on this - I'm starting to wonder if this thread is legit. Without having the necessary details that are used to calculate a lease, you will have a difficult time getting any meaningful help. Any advice based on what you are providing is only guessing and speculation. I recommend you get your act together before asking for any more advice.
Old 03-09-15, 06:51 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That's a pretty good price if they take it. Mine was $2k down ($1 college rebate, $1k down) for the same monthly including tax. First payment was paid. Sucks they won't give you the rebate but that's corporate policy.
Old 03-09-15, 07:12 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay so what is your plan when i side swipe you coming off the lot and total your brand new car that you leased up front and my insurance company writes a check to Toyota financial????

P.S. this better be for a 350 because if its for a 250 that deal could easily be had without paying a dime up front.

Quick Reply: LEXUS Lease Price quoted, Good or Bad ?