IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Battery Problem 16235 miles Lexus IS350 2014

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-15, 10:20 AM
Helterran
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Battery Problem 16235 miles Lexus IS350 2014

This morning i just woke up and about to go shopping... unable to start up car.... called sales person that suggest me not to take battery out of car to go autozone to charge as it will void warranty..

i just called 1-800-25-LEXUS and they will send someone to my house to jump my car.. should be here in about an hour...

to make things worse, i am going to NYC tomorrow hopefully this can be fixed today.....
Old 02-15-15, 02:58 PM
Loe
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Common battery issue. If you jump the car, I'm willing to bet the problem won't return for a while.
Old 02-15-15, 10:24 PM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Take a number: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...d-threads.html
Old 03-14-15, 10:21 AM
Helterran
Driver

i forgot to post this... I basically called Lexus Roadside assistance and they came by within an hour, replaced my battery for free and no charge!!!!!!! =)
Old 03-14-15, 01:45 PM
355F1
Racer

Received 596 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by Helterran
i forgot to post this... I basically called Lexus Roadside assistance and they came by within an hour, replaced my battery for free and no charge!!!!!!! =)
Holy crap! REPLACED??????
Old 04-05-15, 11:03 AM
Helterran
Driver

omg, there is problem again!!!!!!! WTF..........

is anyone else having battery issue on the car?
Old 04-05-15, 11:47 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,544 Likes on 1,734 Posts

^^ It appears there is. See the other tread on this issue...Mine is brand new and I haven't encountered any problems but I tend to put my vehicles on a battery tender for the piece of mine but if that ever fails, I'll buy a stronger battery.
Old 04-05-15, 12:01 PM
Helterran
Driver

Called Lexus Roadside assistance.. --> they sent AAA to come fix the issue..

result of test...Bad Cell... asked me if i want to get an battery from AAA.. I said no..

Called Lexus Roadside Assistance again, will not send person out to fix, asked me if i want to toll or call back monday to get the car to Lexus Dealership.

if car doesnt start up monday morning, i am calling roadside assistance again.. if it starts, i am driving to dealership to get replaced battery via warranty

Old 04-06-15, 12:56 AM
mosefus
Driver School Candidate

Seriously just pay for an upgraded aftermarket battery. The stock battery is defective in many 14 ISs. I did a year ago and no issues. my stock died twice in less than a year. if that's the only problem with the IS, then I'm quite happy with my first lexus.
Old 04-07-15, 08:13 AM
Helterran
Driver

they already replaced my first battery.....
now the 2nd one died (under warranty)

so i called and got my car jumped and drove to dealership... they believe it is because navigation system's exposed wire and it is causing the drain on my battery, so they are replacing my navigation display under warranty... hopefully this will fixed the issue... wont get my car back till friday......... =(
Old 04-07-15, 08:24 AM
A2BLexus
Rookie

There is a thread. I am also a victim.

I left my car radio on for about 10 minutes while chatting with a guy I was selling something to on Craigslist. Lexus couldn't find anything wrong with it. I need to try to replicate the issue and have it towed. The dealer side that they can do more testing WITH the fail code vs after the car battery being jumped.

GL. We both need it.
Old 04-07-15, 05:00 PM
mosefus
Driver School Candidate

they already replaced my first battery.....
now the 2nd one died (under warranty)

so i called and got my car jumped and drove to dealership... they believe it is because navigation system's exposed wire and it is causing the drain on my battery, so they are replacing my navigation display under warranty... hopefully this will fixed the issue... wont get my car back till friday......... =(
Upgrade to after market battery preferaby 750 CCA with higher reserve capacity. I did a year ago and no issues.
Old 04-07-15, 09:11 PM
Helterran
Driver

Originally Posted by mosefus
Upgrade to after market battery preferaby 750 CCA with higher reserve capacity. I did a year ago and no issues.
dealer says its open circuit issue on navigation system that is draining my battery.........also battery has warranty so i should be getting free replacement..
Old 04-08-15, 04:24 AM
mosefus
Driver School Candidate

dealer says its open circuit issue on navigation system that is draining my battery.........also battery has warranty so i should be getting free replacement..
I had the same option to replace my battery but my car was to be towed about 180 miles to Jacksonville. I can only speak for myself. I replaced my battery with upgraded after market one and no issues for a year now. The car starts with no hesitation and the ML rocks. Also my dealer could not replicate the ipod error Cause I believe the battery was fully charged after driving 300 miles. The problem always happened on initial start up.
Old 04-08-15, 06:56 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

my wife old 2013 GS 350 AWD had the battery go bad at 15,000 miles and a few months later my 2014 IS 350 aldo had the same problem at only 8500 miles. both replaced under warranty.
that was the final straw amongst so many other issues with Lexus
fortunately i dumped both cars within a week of each other, she got a 2015 Acura MDX and i got a 2014 Cadillac CTS V sport.
F lexus!

Quick Reply: Battery Problem 16235 miles Lexus IS350 2014