IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

4 Months Into 2015 350IS - Several Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-15, 12:51 PM
Jagstyles
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 Months Into 2015 350IS - Several Issues

So I purchased my 2015 Lexus IS 350 AWD F-Sport back in October and wondering if anyone has experienced the following issues:

1. Brake squeal

- seems to occur when reversing out of a parking spot for example, so annoying and extremely loud, makes it sound like my brakes need changing

2. Bluetooth Radio

- there are times where my phone connects to the radio, plays music off my iPhone but then it sounds like the singer is slowly dying i.e.: the type of sound you used to hear when a walkman's batteries would be dying and needed changing. Happens sporadically

3. Gas tank lid on side of car won't close fully

- this happened just this week. I couldn't close my gas lid, no matter what I did. I managed to get it closed today after starting my car, wonder if its related at all to power/engine being on etc?

4. Buzzing in gas pedal resonates through foot

- this one is still driving me insane. Drive my car for 10-15 minutes on the highway and your foot feels like pins/needles from the buzzing sensation from the gas pedal

Curious if anyone else has experienced these and what other issues have come up.

Thanks
Old 01-27-15, 12:56 PM
Jagstyles
Rookie

Also forgot this one:

5. High pitch noise when fan/heat/ac is on higher than 3 bars on the fan speed display.
Old 01-27-15, 01:05 PM
tC2IS350
Driver

Only one of these that I have experienced is 1) related to the brake squealing. I too get this when I'm going in reverse (typically out of my garage). I chalked it up to the brake rotors being covered with salt since this didn't happen until just recently (I've also had mine since October).
Old 01-27-15, 01:50 PM
EdoApero
Rookie

Take it in as soon as possible and get a written invoice each time you take it in. If problems still occur proceed to contact a lemon law attorney.
Old 01-27-15, 01:52 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,544 Likes on 1,734 Posts

Jagstyles..I don't own one but read about the vibration and your foot getting tingly - I am sure the others will chime in soon.
Old 01-27-15, 03:09 PM
nabizzy
Rookie

I have had some issues with brake squeal, and another issue i have is on the highway the right mirror seems to trap air differently as it passes over it and makes a loud noise. very annoying.
Old 01-27-15, 03:13 PM
Jagstyles
Rookie

Do you recall where you read this? I haven't yet come across anyone with the same issue related to buzzing in the gas pedal. I highly doubt the dealership will even acknowledge it as an issue but I'm due for my 8,000KM service so plan on giving them a pretty comprehensive list.

Originally Posted by wthrman2
Jagstyles..I don't own one but read about the vibration and your foot getting tingly - I am sure the others will chime in soon.
Old 01-27-15, 03:14 PM
Jagstyles
Rookie

6. Thump sound in the trunk when going over a bump - can confirm that there are no loose items in the storage area or with the spare tire, jack etc.
Old 01-27-15, 03:42 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Engage the parking brake for a when parked over the next couple days. Some have had the rear thump/rattle mitigated from using the door brake.

The fuel door locks and unlocks with your car's door locks. Maybe the doors were locked before you tried shutting the fuel door? Or with freezing weather and water, the mechanism could have froze...Good luck!
Old 01-27-15, 04:48 PM
Mtneer
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had the issue with the gas cap door. When I took my IS in for the 5000 mile service they looked at it and found the I had simply twisted the teather on the cap which prevented the door from closing properly. Works great now.

I have the break noise when I first back out but it really does not bother me as it goes away after the breaks are even slightly heated.
Old 01-27-15, 05:28 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have had a 2015 for about 3 months now... i have none of those issues.
Old 01-27-15, 05:38 PM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

I got my '15 IS350 back in September and I can agree with you on the squeak.

My dealership re-surfaced the rotors 3-4 weeks ago and the squeak is coming back again

Another dealer tech told me that it was normal because of the brakes and pads, not sure I like that response
Old 01-27-15, 07:52 PM
sdotk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only issue I have is the first one. My 10k service is coming up and I will be complaining about it for sure. Gonna change my brake pads soon anyway, I'm tired of all that dust!
Old 01-27-15, 08:26 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i've had my car for 8 months now and haven't experienced any of these problems/concerns
Old 01-29-15, 10:53 AM
DoomBuggy
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mtneer
I had the issue with the gas cap door. When I took my IS in for the 5000 mile service they looked at it and found the I had simply twisted the teather on the cap which prevented the door from closing properly. Works great now.

I have the break noise when I first back out but it really does not bother me as it goes away after the breaks are even slightly heated.
What was causing the rattle? The teather was rattling against a loose door? Im intrigued by this solution, as my rattle does sound like its somewhere on or behind the passenger rear fender.

Quick Reply: 4 Months Into 2015 350IS - Several Issues