IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 3IS IS350 F-Sport w/Navi AWD DIY Remote Start Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-16, 06:31 PM
street277
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gregerst
Were you able to get it all sorted out? I purchased the parts and was going to do the install soon..
Yea i got it sorted out. it turned out the SLP wire wasn't making a proper connection.(very thin gauge wire) I checked that and it all started working perfectly. The only thing i miss from my last car is secure takeover.
Old 04-03-16, 06:53 PM
DEMONX
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you found the issue! Always check twice before installing everything back in place
Old 04-05-16, 06:17 PM
gregerst
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by street277
Yea i got it sorted out. it turned out the SLP wire wasn't making a proper connection.(very thin gauge wire) I checked that and it all started working perfectly. The only thing i miss from my last car is secure takeover.
Good to hear.
Old 04-21-16, 07:36 PM
Sheazy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the two wires?

Originally Posted by DEMONX
Install guide from idata. I hope this helps, is hard to locate the connectors if you don't have an idea on where to start lol
the two wires not connected... just ignore those 2 wire? or just do it like you did, unpin it since its not needed? Im refering to the blue #3 for lights and the green Hood one.

I have 2015 IS350 F-sport non-ML with Enform.

I will be trying to get this installed in a few weeks. I have 0 background with car electronics BUT I do know audio electronics etc. Maybe I can get it working
Old 05-10-16, 09:53 AM
Sheazy
Driver School Candidate

Default Does NOT work with enform

Based of the information i received from iDatalink ... this system will not work with cars with Enform already installed. They are working on it but no eta's on when/if it will be released. They did say some people can bypass and get it to work with enform system... but may required an experienced installer and the knowledge behind it.

Guess i cant do this install anytime soon
Old 05-14-16, 09:28 PM
gregerst
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Crap. hope this isn't true. I bought the parts but haven't installed yet.
Old 05-14-16, 11:08 PM
Sheazy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gregerst
Crap. hope this isn't true. I bought the parts but haven't installed yet.
From idatalink

Hi Quoc Tran,

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, we do not support the Enform program for all models since 2013. I was told that we are currently working on a fix, but we are still in the early stage of R&D. Also, we have received reports for a few vehicles where the installation of a remote starter was successful but there is a special procedure to follow. Please contact a local installer about this solution. If you would like, I can refer you to an installation shop in your area.

Have a nice day,

Louis-Gil Levert | Customer Experience Manager
Old 07-20-16, 09:19 AM
davetx
Driver School Candidate

This looks like a pretty straight forward install, so I think I am going to try and tackle it myself. I just wanted to make sure.
Except for the ground connection, all of the other connections are taps onto the existing wires, correct?
Old 11-27-16, 01:19 PM
fnandocc
Driver School Candidate

Yes, just tap into the existing connections, is a little tight to work on some of those connectors but is doable.

I tried installing it on a IS 350 (2015) but I can't find the steering lock connector (Supposedly is above/close to the break pedals), did find another connector near it but it has more pins that the idatalink diagram.

Also on the ECU connector pin 22 is purple not blue.
Old 11-18-17, 10:38 PM
DJSpeed
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I can confirm that this does work on a car with enform installed. just did it on my 14 is250. they have instructions that tell u to disable the enform during programming if u have any problems. then after its done programming to enable it again. all by just pulling a simple fuse
Old 11-20-17, 07:56 AM
lexuscanuk
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I want to do this but Photobucket pictures are not working fro me. could someone upload them again?
Also, will the car stay on when you open the driver side door or shut off and you have to restart?
how do you start it? (hold open button?, tap it three times?, is this customizable?)
thanks

Last edited by lexuscanuk; 11-20-17 at 08:29 AM.
Old 11-22-17, 07:11 AM
lexuscanuk
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

anybody???
Old 01-08-18, 05:22 AM
anthIS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexuscanuk
I want to do this but Photobucket pictures are not working fro me. could someone upload them again?
Also, will the car stay on when you open the driver side door or shut off and you have to restart?
how do you start it? (hold open button?, tap it three times?, is this customizable?)
thanks
the pictures are not working for me as well. that would be some nice information as my unit should be here this week lol
Old 01-08-18, 11:06 AM
specONE
Racer

Received 504 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by lexuscanuk
thanks
Originally Posted by anthIS350
the pictures are not working for me as well. that would be some nice information as my unit should be here this week lol
This is the reason why all the photobucket images are not shown anymore if you guys didnt know.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/katienotopo...ternet-history

The car engine will not stay on running when the driver door is opened. You'd have to restart the car.
Old 01-20-18, 01:19 PM
Hotshot77
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone have a picture (or even a detailed explanation) showing the location of the "Steering Lock" 7-pin connector? I saw the picture posted previously in this thread, but I can't tell from that where it is located in the vehicle. I have been looking for this for over an hour and still cannot find it...

Quick Reply: 2014 3IS IS350 F-Sport w/Navi AWD DIY Remote Start Install