IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

5000 mile service and F Sport Exhaust Install today....Dealer charges for gas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-15, 06:52 AM
ryanis350F
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyways. Let's hear some exhaust videos please! Some revs and some driving
Old 01-21-15, 06:59 AM
HanaleiISF
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ryanis350F
Anyways. Let's hear some exhaust videos please! Some revs and some driving
Ryan check out your thread in the performance section and watch those youtube links I posted. They are very representative of what you will hear. I drove equal parts interstate and city on the way into work this morning and the sound was excellent.
Old 01-21-15, 07:58 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by tC2IS350
Oh, bring in your car for your free scheduled maintenance but make sure you pay for the gas in your loaner. Dumb. Any time I have ever had a loaner, I can use however much gas that is in the car that I need. If it's low already and I need more, that's the only time I've added any.
The loaner is a perk that they do not have to provide. They don't have to give you a loaner for those services, and if you were driving your car around for the day you'd be paying for the gas, so why would you expect them to pay for your gas for a day while they are servicing your vehicle?
Old 01-21-15, 08:31 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
The loaner is a perk that they do not have to provide. They don't have to give you a loaner for those services, and if you were driving your car around for the day you'd be paying for the gas, so why would you expect them to pay for your gas for a day while they are servicing your vehicle?
Thats not true at all. By purchasing a luxury vehicle, getting a loaner is a given. They are giving you that car in exchange for you continuing to be a happy customer and paying their ridiculous maintenance costs. its all part of the dealer/customer relationship.

This is a loaner, not a rental.

Maybe you have some douchebag dealers around you, but every dealer I've ever dealt with has given me a loaner instantly and never asked a dime for gas.
Old 01-21-15, 09:34 AM
EdoApero
Rookie

I would just make sure the gas isn't fully empty... or below the 1/4 mark. As long as It's above or at the 1/4 mark I think you should be good. Doubt they're going to make a big deal out of it. I returned a rental car with almost empty gas tank when they state you should return the car with how much gas it was given to you. As if they remember how much gas it had, and no note of it was ever made. I had forgotten to fill it up and the rental company didn't even say anything so I really doubt Lexus will.

Either way just don't return it empty lol
Old 01-21-15, 09:55 AM
kinglexus99
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I love the sense of entitlement some of you try to justify. LOL. Typical.
Old 01-21-15, 10:11 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nixx621

And we love the soapbox you're attempting to stand on....
Old 01-21-15, 10:16 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by EdoApero
I would just make sure the gas isn't fully empty... or below the 1/4 mark. As long as It's above or at the 1/4 mark I think you should be good. Doubt they're going to make a big deal out of it. I returned a rental car with almost empty gas tank when they state you should return the car with how much gas it was given to you. As if they remember how much gas it had, and no note of it was ever made. I had forgotten to fill it up and the rental company didn't even say anything so I really doubt Lexus will.

Either way just don't return it empty lol
Not sure who you rent from but my rental agreements usually show fuel level and what is expected of me upon return of the vehicle. I'm amazed that some folks in this thread expect complimentary gas, and in one case, complimentary touch up paint - holy moly. I would imagine this would be a major expense to many dealers. For those whose dealers front you the gas - good deal!
Old 01-21-15, 10:45 AM
Kappy550
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Park Place told me I could bring the car back empty and run the toll ways for free. I definitely take advantage of this. Ive even had them fill my tank before. I know Sewell is the same way.
Old 01-21-15, 11:36 AM
rgonza1
Driver

My local dealer told me specifically I did not need to put any gas in the vehicle.
Old 01-21-15, 12:39 PM
steveo55
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I took mine for service they tild me to return it with same amount of fuel so i had them switch me to a CT 200 haha
Old 01-21-15, 02:21 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Swacer
Thats not true at all. By purchasing a luxury vehicle, getting a loaner is a given. They are giving you that car in exchange for you continuing to be a happy customer and paying their ridiculous maintenance costs. its all part of the dealer/customer relationship.

This is a loaner, not a rental.

Maybe you have some douchebag dealers around you, but every dealer I've ever dealt with has given me a loaner instantly and never asked a dime for gas.
As I said before, all the dealers around me give loaners instantly, its not an issue. My dealer does ask me to replace the fuel, but they mark it lower than the actual level to give me some free gas. I have no issue replacing the fuel I use.

BUT...read the materials that came with your car about the loaner policy. A Lexus dealer DOES NOT have to give you a loaner for anything but overnight service. Many dealers have more liberal loaner policies, but you are not owed a loaner.

This is the Lexus loaner policy:

http://www.lexus.com/service

Service Loaner Vehicles: If your vehicle must be kept overnight at a Lexus dealership for a warranty-covered condition that requires more than eight hours to repair, Lexus will provide you with a complimentary loaner vehicle.
Originally Posted by nixx621
I know. I can't imagine being that self important that I take offense at being asked to replace the fuel I use in a loaner car.
Old 01-21-15, 05:32 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by HanaleiISF
To bridge another thread....also no go on the free bottle(s) of Ultra White touch up paint. I asked the parts guy about it being offered for new purchases and he referred me to the service guy who in turn referred me back to the parts guy. $28 for both bottles (base and top coat). I did end up with a complementary apple and diet coke.
Really?? $28 for touch-up paint? Ridiculous! It should've been free since you bought a car from them I will check with my dealer and report back!
Old 01-21-15, 07:03 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
As I said before, all the dealers around me give loaners instantly, its not an issue. My dealer does ask me to replace the fuel, but they mark it lower than the actual level to give me some free gas. I have no issue replacing the fuel I use.

BUT...read the materials that came with your car about the loaner policy. A Lexus dealer DOES NOT have to give you a loaner for anything but overnight service. Many dealers have more liberal loaner policies, but you are not owed a loaner.

This is the Lexus loaner policy:

http://www.lexus.com/service

I know. I can't imagine being that self important that I take offense at being asked to replace the fuel I use in a loaner car.
Lexus of Austin give me a free loaner and gas when I have oil changes even on my two LX's that I never even bought from them. Normally they give me a new RX to drive. I did buy a ES from them.
Old 01-21-15, 07:55 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lexi90
Really?? $28 for touch-up paint? Ridiculous! It should've been free since you bought a car from them I will check with my dealer and report back!
LOL! Why?!? Why does purchasing a car somehow entitle you to free parts and service beyond what is agreed to in the purchase contract? Where does it end?

Quick Reply: 5000 mile service and F Sport Exhaust Install today....Dealer charges for gas?